Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do ya reckon will come up in DCG this year??

Options
  • 03-06-2010 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Mostly the same as last year.They wouldn't change the paper that much because it's only it's second year.I'm doing Dihedral angle,Interpenetration,Dynamic mechanisms and assemblies.Section A will be a wild guess.Thta'll be the section that will either make me or break me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Are there any kind of revision books around for DCG? Even old TG ones that would have methods and stuff? I can only find exam papers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Have looked for DCG revision but there isn't any. Probably won't be until the course is a bit more established in a few years by which time the LC should be a distant memory :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

david anderson's books are quite good. I'd watch out for solids in contact as a possibility in the core, as well as conic sections as they were on the paper every year on paper 1 of the old exam...also axonometric trimetric dimetric might be there as its easy...have you the gear question ready for dynamic mechanisms

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

DCG really is a sore subject for me :(

they don't really have to go that easy on us though do they?

most of the sample papers are wrong :(

i reckon judging by this and last years pre and last years leaving it will be pretty much the same except the second question of section b is the only one that changed i think :)

• Advertisement

Yeah DCG is probably my weakest subject. But sure we've done the project and thats 40%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Conor108 wrote: »
    Have looked for DCG revision but there isn't any. Probably won't be until the course is a bit more established in a few years by which time the LC should be a distant memory :)

Not a good memory though :p

Guys how do you study for DCG? Im just doing the 2009 one and I'll try the q's I plan to do off samples but as has been mentioned, the solutions can be wrong :( The powerpoints on t4.ie aren't that great either...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

we got 2 books a month ago. one like an exam paper and the 2nd one had the step by step answers to them.
    fairly good.
    it doest do anythin on conic sections.
    all we have done is conic sections, planes, solids in contact autographic projection dynamic mec and assemblies.
    in about 4 classes we done interpenetration prospective and all the views so im hoping i can avoid them. part c will make me or break me coz we have the project done and there the only definate 1s that are coming up.

we didnt do anythin on gears on dynamic mec, our teacher reckons it wont cum up because its not in the exam papers

garv123 wrote: »
    we got 2 books a month ago. one like an exam paper and the 2nd one had the step by step answers to them.
    fairly good.
    it doest do anythin on conic sections.
    all we have done is conic sections, planes, solids in contact autographic projection dynamic mec and assemblies.
    in about 4 classes we done interpenetration prospective and all the views so im hoping i can avoid them. part c will make me or break me coz we have the project done and there the only definate 1s that are coming up.

we didnt do anythin on gears on dynamic mec, our teacher reckons it wont cum up because its not in the exam papers

gears are in the folens exam papers, just a few papers back...did ye do roads and mining?did ye do tangent planes in solids in contact??

• Advertisement

i doubt gears'll be there myself tho

johnpawl wrote: »
    gears are in the folens exam papers, just a few papers back...did ye do roads and mining?did ye do tangent planes in solids in contact??

nope we picked assemblies and dynamiic mechanisms for the part Cs
    and we did tangent planes for only 1 class

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

Graphics is my weakest subject and I'm doing hugher...

What should I look over? Because there's very little time, I just need to look over *a few* things in detail...

Also how is everyone studying? Just reading over or doing past papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

this was my best subject last year, but for whatever reason my standard has dropped draaaamatically! like, i completely f***ed up tha mocks!..it sounds really stupid, but if tha right questions come up, i should be sound,,! i have a feeling my class hasnt covered half the course..we have 3 teachers cos no one teacher understands tha whole course.! :/

Graphics is my weakest subject and I'm doing hugher...

What should I look over? Because there's very little time, I just need to look over *a few* things in detail...

Also how is everyone studying? Just reading over or doing past papers?

the only way to study is by doing it.
    reading over wont stick it in your head
    and if in the exam your stuck try everythin like loci and scribing arcs because if you have attempts made you get alot of marks.
    having aload of wrong lines is alot better than no attempt showing because you cud be right
    ajjmk wrote: »
    this was my best subject last year, but for whatever reason my standard has dropped draaaamatically! like, i completely f***ed up tha mocks!..it sounds really stupid, but if tha right questions come up, i should be sound,,! i have a feeling my class hasnt covered half the course..we have 3 teachers cos no one teacher understands tha whole course.! :/

yea im the same im sorted if the rite ones come up and we have two teachers aswel doin different stuff

Advertisement