Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature dentistry UCC

Options
  • 03-06-2010 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all, Just found out that I will be offered a place in dentistry in ucc this september. I am really excited about it and would love to hear how anyone is getting on there in dentistry. Also, does anyone have any advice on loans? I know that alot of the GEM students get loans, is this the case for mature dent too? It is my 2nd degree so I am not in a position to get the local authority grants :(

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭imported_guy

ashyboots wrote: »
    Hi all, Just found out that I will be offered a place in dentistry in ucc this september. I am really excited about it and would love to hear how anyone is getting on there in dentistry. Also, does anyone have any advice on loans? I know that alot of the GEM students get loans, is this the case for mature dent too? It is my 2nd degree so I am not in a position to get the local authority grants :(

Thanks!
    GEM loans are GEM specific, they arent granted out to mature students, AFAIK, but most banks do give student loans in general, so give em a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 blogger 3000

Thanks!

i'm in dent, its a great course. i heard all banks do special med and dent loans,

• Moderators Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Big_G

Congrats on getting into dentistry! It's a great profession. When I qualified four years ago banks were handing out loans willy nilly. Don't know what the story is now. Generally had to wait until third year to access the big cash too. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭dusty207

i'm in dent, its a great course. i heard all banks do special med and dent loans,

Second that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Blondie1988

Hi there, I am just finished a physiology degree. I would love to study dentistry in Ireland and think the mature student option is best for me! As someone who has suceeded this way, can you give mt tips as to the work experience you did and how you found the interview process . THanks a mil!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭upforit101

Thanks!

Prospects look terrible for newly qualified Dentists because of the PRSI cuts

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055643920

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

upforit101 wrote: »
    Prospects look terrible for newly qualified Dentists because of the PRSI cuts

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055643920

Ya,looks bleak for dents aswell.i guess we will be moving to Oz/nz/uk to get work when we qualify although id much rather stay here.Lets hope things improve!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Emiedoo

Dear Ashlyboots,

Was wandering around boards and saw your post in relation to dentistry. I am currently considering going back to study either dentistry or pharmacy and I would be grateful if you had any insight on the advantages/disadantages to studying dentistry at UCC. Career prospects for dentists in Ireland etc

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭EmerBaggott

Hi. Just wondering can someone go about doing dentistry as a mature or undergrad without having already a degree? Cheers in advance :-)

Advertisement