Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is what we are up against

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There are a lot of idiots in the world. Easier just to ignore them when they spout a lot of hot air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭drusk

That guy is a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭shoegirl

Does he talk like that all the time?

His arguements are rather dated and look like they were written carefully, taken from a mid 1980s papal decree. There isn't anything there we haven't heard before.

Or anything that has stood up to the far stronger arguments in favour of both civil liberties and moral choice needing genuine freedom of choice and not mere coercion. "Moral" behaviour isn't moral when its merely enforced. The church itself preaches that it must be based on genuine good faith, simply repressing behaviour or actions doesn't make people more "good."

He ignores the fact that gay marriages and relationships happen outside of the sphere of heterosexual ones and therefore have little impact on society. They reflect its changed attitudes rather than create them. At least this is what we have seen elsewehere in the world. Outlawing gay marriage is a last gasp kneejerk reaction to a world already changed. Gradually these laws will fall, and honestly, this Cardinal has little new to say or any great workable suggestions to block pro gay laws in eastern europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

catchup wrote: »

They’re about 20years behind the rest of Europe…. so he can still get away with that sort of shi*e there!

Wait until they find out how he and his fellow priests have been carrying on and they’ll wake up and smell the coffee!

Fu*k him he’s an ageing Old Catholic Fart who still believes that he and his ilk rule the world…. Imagine he started that rubbish in Western Europe he’d be laughed out of his 16th century garments!

He and his imaginary friend are rapidly becoming part of the past!

So I say au revoir Cardinal Pujats, you sad old has been! You had your day now get off the stage and fade away......................

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Was in Riga last week

At one stage my now ex kissed me Hotel Reval

It became instantly more memorable than much of our yrs together as its such a leap to eascape the cultural and othe rrestraints there

So much so that, while he might not agree, I believe ti contributed strongly to the "ex" bit

Its a strange country , almost cloistered from modern life for so long, but the cardinal is entitled I guess

With me its just difficult to cope with the personal effect of it there, not losing a partner ( well more a family) myself, but strangely more how it affects him - the only word that comes close to it is cancerous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

DubArk wrote: »
    They’re about 20years behind the rest of Europe…. so he can still get away with that sort of shi*e there!

Wait until they find out how he and his fellow priests have been carrying on and they’ll wake up and smell the coffee!

Fu*k him he’s an ageing Old Catholic Fart who still believes that he and his ilk rule the world….
    Imagine he started that rubbish in Western Europe he’d be laughed out of his 16th century garments!

He and his imaginary friend are rapidly becoming part of the past!

So I say au revoir Cardinal Pujats, you sad old has been! You had your day now get off the stage and fade away......................

The bits in bold also sadly apply to Ireland. Very well said though. got my thanks.

Check out the Atheism & Agnosticism forum sometime. Think you'd find it interesting. http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=614

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."

- Princess Leia

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭DubArk

Dr. Baltar wrote: »
    "The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."

- Princess Leia

Really stop smoken that stuff! :confused:

Advertisement