Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wicklow 200

Options
  • 03-06-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

hiya - my cycling group of 5 are doing the wicklow 200 on sunday 13 - One of the lads left it too late to register. We've been training all year and want him to do the cycle so is there anybody with any suggestions on how we can get him a number? Thanks in advance Sean

Comments

Check the ww200 website, usually a few looking too offload the week beforehand. Think there was someone looking to give some away too here in the big ww200 thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

Keep an eye out here and on wicklow200.ie for transfers. Last year there was a healthy number of people transferring their registration for some reason or the other. Hopefully you'll be able to get one. If worst comes to worst he can simply do the event without registering which means you can't avail of any facilities, water / food etc at the stops

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Just get him to turn up, loads of people do the spin with no numbers you just dont get any crappy sambos or water

• Registered Users Posts: 36 frant2

thanks - sounds like he should just come along with his own hang sambos -

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bassetsam

I am looking for entry too! I have also been advised to just turn up but worry I wont be allowed to complete it and of course I wont get a medal!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

bassetsam wrote: »
    I am looking for entry too! I have also been advised to just turn up but worry I wont be allowed to complete it and of course I wont get a medal!!
    6 year old thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Wonder after training all year did the poor lad get to do the cycle

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Johnny Jukebox

It is not a closed sportif so no-one can stop you from riding on what are public roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

It is not a closed sportif so no-one can stop you from riding on what are public roads.

Correct, no body can stop you from cycling the roads, however, if you don't pay your entry, you will not be participating in the Wicklow100/200, you will simply be going for a spin in the Mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Oh god don't mention the medal. One year after paying and all..................😡

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Pangur

Hi. Anyone looking to offload an entry for we 100?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Pangur wrote: »
    Hi. Anyone looking to offload an entry for we 100?
    Please see this thread in Cycling Adverts. Ensure you ask the earliest to post they have one still available and agree in thread before moving to PM

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement