Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aero bars: S-bend v. J-bend

• 03-06-2010 10:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭

I am finally going to buy some clip-on aero bars, and I'm trying to decide between S-bend and J-bend. As far as I can see S-bend are bit more aero, but J-bend are more comfortable.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience of either or both? I suppose what I'm really wondering is how uncomfortable are the S-bend bars?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

bump, bumpity, bump

No views?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

bump, bumpity, bump

No views?

I have ridden both and didn't like either of them i much preferred straight bar ends i think its mainly because i have really long arms and torso that i found these to be most comfortable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I have ski bends and somewhat regret it, as I have a constant visual reminder of how unaero they are.

On the upside I think they are more adjustable fit-wise than S-bends, as you can rotate the bars to account for different pad widths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I have ski bends on at the moment and s bends waiting to go on... someday I will get my ass in gear and swap them. But yes, S bends are most aero and look tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭tyler71

I recently started using s-bends whereas I had j-bends before and they feel a lot different, tbh I'd nearly go back but with my new bike they're the only type that fit so I'm just going to have to get used to them.
    If you haven't used any before, I'd say J-bends for all the reasons mentioned above and also the fact that having super aero bars isn't much use to you if you're uncomfortable in them as you'll find yourself just spending less time in the aero position than you would with more comfortable ones, negating any aero advantages that they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

I bought a set of aero bars this week but I need 31.8 clamps instead of the smaller ones that are on them. They are 3T clip ons, as new, just wrong size.

The model are 3T Bio arms. Not a big lay out so you can try them without dropping a fortune..Let me know!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭ten speed racer

ckeego wrote: »
    I bought a set of aero bars this week but I need 31.8 clamps instead of the smaller ones that are on them. They are 3T clip ons, as new, just wrong size.

The model are 3T Bio arms. Not a big lay out so you can try them without dropping a fortune..Let me know!:D

Thanks, but I also need 31.8 clamps.

Advertisement