Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rental car: Opel Zafira, space for two cycling boxes?

• 03-06-2010 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭

Any cyclists out there that own an Opel Zafira that can confirm if it can take two boxed bicycles?

Seems so from this article:
    http://www.autozine.org/html/Opel/Zafira.html

thanks...transport for the Marmotte...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DinaElla

i have one and easy fits 2 bikes without boxes with the seats down easy enough - do you have the measurement of the boxes and take me 2 mins to check for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭pfm

Are you sure that's the actual car you're getting? I've rented dozens of cars and more often than not the actual car you get is similar size but from a different manufacturer than the one advertised.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭redmenace1

Straatvark wrote: »
    Any cyclists out there that own an Opel Zafira that can confirm if it can take two boxed bicycles?

Seems so from this article:
    http://www.autozine.org/html/Opel/Zafira.html

thanks...transport for the Marmotte...

I think i got three comfortably in a Scenic (similar or smaller size) and last year got one box plus a family plus luggage:P, so think you'll have no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Straatvark

DinaElla wrote: »
    i have one and easy fits 2 bikes without boxes with the seats down easy enough - do you have the measurement of the boxes and take me 2 mins to check for you.

Thanks DinaElla, I will really appreciate it.

The 2 boxes is 1.36m long, 0.76m high and 0.2m wide.

Like the others mentioned, one might get an "or similar" car, but I prefer to do everything possible from my side. At the end of the day, if it is different car and it don't fit, then you argue/upgrade/cycle :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭DinaElla

ok, just measured it with the back seats down and the drivers and passengers seats pushed back most of the way.

Length (boot clear to drivers seat) is 1.80 leaving some room
    Width (side door to side door) 1.22 leaving some room
    Height to roof - .900 (3 feet) but does taper at seats

hope that helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭Straatvark

DinaElla wrote: »
    ok, just measured it with the back seats down and the drivers and passengers seats pushed back most of the way.

Length (boot clear to drivers seat) is 1.80 leaving some room
    Width (side door to side door) 1.22 leaving some room
    Height to roof - .900 (3 feet) but does taper at seats

hope that helps

Thanks DinaElla, much appreciated, owe you one

Advertisement