Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picture in shop window beside Debenhams

Options
  • 03-06-2010 10:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

I was driving through town today and was in traffic beside the taxi rank outside Debenhams. The shop across the road(used to be TopShop i think) has a fúcking amazing Munster related picture in the window.

Has anyone else seen it? Is it for sale?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I dunno but I wouldn't mind taking the poster across the street on the window of Debenhams of the girl in the lingerie showing of her glorious arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

27572d1234665383-09-heritage-big-radius-big-sucker-fuelpak-help-this-thread-is-useless-without-pichers.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

Melion wrote: »
    I was driving through town today and was in traffic beside the taxi rank outside Debenhams. The shop across the road(used to be TopShop i think) has a fúcking amazing Munster related picture in the window.

Has anyone else seen it? Is it for sale?

The picture or the shop?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

The picture

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Damn, wish I'd seen this thread earlier.

AllOutDesign were exhibiting the work of 4 young artists from LCAD for the last 10 days, in the unit that used to be a shoe-shop on Sarsfield Street. All of the prints were available to purchase. The big one in the front window was available for €300 in one version or €750 for the version that was behind glass

Alas, today was the last day of the exhibit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

The Artists were Ken Coleman (www.kenartcorp.com), Johnnie Wong, Billy Hayes, Gerry Davis.

They are all availible on Facebook if you want to buy or see any of their art.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

The Artists were Ken Coleman (www.kenartcorp.com), Johnnie Wong, Billy Hayes, Gerry Davis.

They are all availible on Facebook if you want to buy or see any of their art.

I think Gerry Davis made the picture everyone's talking about here.

The one in the windows, was the one by Ken Coleman, Gerry did the one on the far right at the back munster ones, with all the tears of munster fans.

Ya the artwork was pretty awesome.. Just a bit annoyed though at the Rugby theme again is there anyone one in this town who wont use a red flag to sell something!

• Advertisement

The rugby theme was taken, because they had a stock from a good mile or so away of Thomond park, which they each used (bar one), Ken had it in his background on the hill behind the stag, Gerry had it showing the tears, billy didin't use it, johnny re-painted it.

Stab*City wrote: »
    Ya the artwork was pretty awesome.. Just a bit annoyed though at the Rugby theme again is there anyone one in this town who wont use a red flag to sell something!

There were 24 images on display, Thomond Park was only a theme for 4 of them.

There were 24 images on display, Thomond Park was only a theme for 4 of them.

Please stay on topic this thread is about the one in the window.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭concussion

RonMexico wrote: »
    I dunno but I wouldn't mind taking the poster across the street on the window of Debenhams of the girl in the lingerie showing of her glorious arse.

I'd like to know more about this TBH. :D

Well done to all the artists, it's good to see stuff like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

RonMexico wrote: »
    The girl in the lingerie showing of her glorious arse.
    concussion wrote: »
    I'd like to know more about this TBH. :D

Well done to all the artists, it's good to see stuff like this.

Big Fan of 'Fine Art' now all of a sudden?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭Cateym

The one in the windows, was the one by Ken Coleman, Gerry did the one on the far right at the back munster ones, with all the tears of munster fans.

My amazingly talented cousin I am proud to say!

Cateym wrote: »
    My amazingly talented cousin I am proud to say!

Aye he is, And I even got him to agree to teach me a bit in Photography too ^_^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Johnnie Wong's website for those interested: www.artofwong.com

He's a 3rd year Graphics Student here at LSAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kenartcorp

Hi Melion. The Exhibition is over but the Artwork is still for sale. You can contact us throught the events page on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/search/?flt=1&q=Hi&o=4&s=10#!/event.php?eid=117138771648504

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=181538&id=104871425355&ref=mf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Is there any chance you could put up a picture of the one i was on about?
    And could you PM me with the price of the one in the window?

• Advertisement
Advertisement