Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

has anyone got eircom NGB and is it any good??

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Bruno2010

Alun wrote: »
    The area I'm in shows as migrated on the ngb.ie website but I had to ring to get changed over as when I entered my phone number and a/c no it said the package I was on was such that I wouldn't automatically be migrated (Home Professional with a 6144kbps limit).

I'm supposed to get changed over by Monday ... we'll see :)

Alun ... if you want to PM me with your tel no I'll make sure you're on track and come back to you ...

• Registered Users Posts: 27 sirione

i signed up to eircom ngb in drogheda, but im thinking of backing out after reading some threads here. anyone got it around the drogheda area. if so is it good
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Just got NGB after ringing them like 3 times and shouting at them on their forums, so much effort for something they should do easily without having to be told. I can now enjoy broadband .5Mb faster then before(I had 3Mb) oh lucky me lol.

If your area is orange on their site and you dont have NGB keep on them and you'll get it. I was told I would have to wait a month or so some ********.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭irishsid

My modem arrived today. Just finished setting it up. So far I'm happy.
    I'm on the 7mb package.

918988821.png

22378462.png

Looking forward to NGB for the better upload speed.
    Haven't tried gaming on it yet. Anyone else here rigged up on the Ps3? Have you encountered many problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Why is the upload speed on Eircom rubbish caomparing to the likes of even 3G connections?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Am in waterford city the bit on the map that says i have it ,but i dont!! I rang them yesterday,i was told i was in "Waterford Central" and that no plans till after OCTOBER. My letter i got about it was dated 3rd june!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

@Irishcid

I hooked it up to the PS3 and it works fine. Nat type moderate and see no point changing it.

I'm strugglinga bit here.
    Does anyone know the settings I need to use a different router?
    I have a linksys wrt54gc and I'd like to get it working instead of the zyxel one.

Edit: Actually, I don't think the linksys would work would it? It doesn't have a modem built in? Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    @Irishcid

I hooked it up to the PS3 and it works fine. Nat type moderate and see no point changing it.

If you have a zyxel router/modem, then go into the firewall settings, put it on custom, allow everything and tick all the boxes, you then have an open nat type.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brennyjnr

just because you are being upgraded to NGB doesn't mean you'll get 8mbs speed as many posters have pointed out. The line to your address mightn't be able to go faster than 7 6 5 or even 2 mbs although in general most of the ngb areas can get around 7 or more. It all depends on how close you are to the exchange and how which way the line runs. If you want to find out the max speed for your address go to http://www.eircom.net/broadband/products/?view=Eircomnet&BV_EngineID=&BV_SessionID=&cid=BBResults&lineSpeed=15360&ngb=true
    and type in your eircom telephone number. If you don't have one type in one from an address near you (googling a nearby restaurant or business is a good way of getting a phone number.) If the site says you can get 24mbs it means that your address is capable of at least 12mbs.
    I have spotted one discrepency with the maps on the ngb site. The King's island area of Limerick city has been upgraded even though the map says it hasn't. I'd imagine there are a few more discepencies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement