Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€400 build

Options
  • 03-06-2010 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Basically my mate is looking for me to build him a pc. i already have a 8800gtx to put in it. so there is 400 to spend on the rest. i was thinkin amd prob best bang for buck at this price range but im more used to building higher spec machines so just looking for advice really.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You have the graphics card, but I fear it shall inflict the need for a hefty PSU upon us :(

More importantly, does your mate have a suitable monitor and a spare OS for the machine? If he doesn't the budget magically shrinks to Way Too Little :(

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭tazzzZ

monitor not an issue. just the box required. os is not an issue either. its 400 give or take a few quid.

needed is

cpu
    mobo
    ram
    hdd
    psu
    dvd drive

unless im missing somethin

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You're missing the case :p

Can you stretch an extra tenner for shipping? :D

HWVS030610b.png

You can replace the PSU for a Corsair CX400 if you want, not sure about how efficient it would be as I suspect even without overclocking the 12V rail could get hit with sustained 70% load on a bad day, which isn't great but while the Basiq could take it the Basiq isn't as good nor as efficient a PSU. Of course, I intended for this build to be pretty decent without any need to OC anything ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Solitaire wrote: »
    You're missing the case :p

Can you stretch an extra tenner for shipping? :D

HWVS030610b.png

You can replace the PSU for a Corsair CX400 if you want, not sure about how efficient it would be as I suspect even without overclocking the 12V rail could get hit with sustained 70% load on a bad day, which isn't great but while the Basiq could take it the Basiq isn't as good nor as efficient a PSU. Of course, I intended for this build to be pretty decent without any need to OC anything ;)
    i love it bargain builds are the most interesting well done Solitaire not a bad build at all

Advertisement