Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to education allowance

• 03-06-2010 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I am currently in full time employment, and i am thinking about going to do a course in Sept this year.

I am 24 years old, and have a leaving cert, however, after i left school, i went into full time employment.
    Now at 24 i wish to go back and do a course.

Would i get back to education allowance?
    Could i work 20 Hours a week, and get this allowance?
    Would i get rent allowance?
    What all would i be entitled to, if anything?

Thanks for all your help! :-)

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

From what I know you have to be on social welfare for a time before you can get beta,so I guess the answer is no you cant, Im not sure about the working part time though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Hullablue

Thanks for your reply..
    So whats my best option then?
    I want to go back to full time Education, and do a course. I don't if i could afford it, if i had to leave work, and pay the bills etc..

:(

I think you need to be on social welfare for three months before you are entitled to BTEA (the info is on the citizens information site, but im fairly sure it's 3 months).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

If you wish to attend a third level course you must be getting one of the social welfare payments listed below for 12 months immediately before you start the course (9 months if you are assessed and approved by FÁS under the National Employment Action Plan or a Facilitator from DSP)...

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/social-welfare/social-welfare-payments/back-to-education/back_to_education_allowance

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You could always do a night course and work by day.

• Advertisement
Advertisement