Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MODDING QUESTION - HELP

Options
  • 03-06-2010 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭

Question.

There is a mod (not naming anybody yet) who regularly posts on a forum. He has even contributed to the conversation as an individual, however, if there is a conversation takes a turn that he doesn't like or goes against what his views are, he has shut it down. This has happened more than once and again tonight.

Is there any way in which a mod of a forum, should they contribute to the thread in particular, not be allowed to mod that particular thread so that there is no PERSONAL I DON'T LIKE WHAT YOUR SAYING modding going on?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Well, if you're correctly reading what's going on and that's actually happening, it's not something we'd condone or appreciate.

I suggest one of two things given that you may not want to do a name and shame here. Send a PM to one of the relevant cmods (category mods) for the area (they're all listed in this thread) or alternatively send a PM to me. I'm assuming that you don't particularly feel it would be helpful for you to chat to the mod in question about it (though if you do, that would be better again). If you send a PM to me, you'll be waiting at least a few days till I can look at it properly though - up to my eyes and there's a big active thread on Politics sucking away a lot of my boards-moderator time at the moment. Up to you - the cmods are good folks - if you PM one on this, feel free to mention that I suggested you ask them.

Generally it's best if moderators don't moderate threads in which they've posted as a regular contributor. For practical reasons though it often doesn't work out like that - in an ideal world it would though. So drop a PM to the relevant cmod or to me - you're not going in all guns blazing on this by the looks of things so it'll be treated with the decorum it deserves. You may or may not get the answer you want but it'll definitely be looked at properly.t lea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Thank you for your reply - I will be in touch with you directly if you don't mind as i don't want to stand on any toes - the forum in particular is a very close knit community and it might be better coming from the outside.

I appreciate the time you've taken to reply and time constraints aside your help would be appreciated..

Good luck with the polly-ticks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

That's cool, drop me a note whenever it suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Sceptre - PM sent on the matter - Thanks LB6

Advertisement