Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De La Salle College Wicklow Town

• 03-06-2010 11:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I am moving to the North Wicklow area and was looking for opinions on De La Salle College in Wicklow Town. Also what are the transport options to it if not living in Wicklow town. Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Moved from Leaving Cert forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 krisbecs

the De La Salle is an ok school but in 2 years it will be moving & joining up with the Abbey Community College to form 1 school as far as I know this will be situated in closer to Rathnew than Wicklow town. As for transport there are buses from many areas & if you contact Bus Eireann you should be able to get prices & routes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Having had one brother go there, another about to start and plenty of friends graduate in the last year I have a bit of experience of the school!

It is a good school with good teachers but it really seems to be a case of getting what you put into it! So you do need to put your own effort in sometimes! The school is also full of a mix of 'characters' who can affect classes but that's all no different from any other school really.

DLS isn't a bad school really, even people I know who have moved to boarding school from DLS will still praise the school.

Although as said before it should be remembered that DLS and the Abbey will be amalgamating at some stage whenever the new school is built so that may affect it, most importantly making it a mixed school

Advertisement