Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-133/Discovery

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

STS-133 external tank arriving and processing in the VAB.

20103203.jpg
    20103208.jpg
    20103277.jpg
    20103278.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Could be her last mission or she could go LON for STS-134. With a bit of luck we'll hear more over the next couple of weeks. A lot of uncertainty surrounding the manifest at the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

lord lucan wrote: »
    Could be her last mission or she could go LON for STS-134. With a bit of luck we'll hear more over the next couple of weeks. A lot of uncertainty surrounding the manifest at the moment.
    Yeah, Good chance of her getting STS-135 to roundout her 40th:):)
    Fingers crossed:pac::pac::)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Beeker wrote: »
    Yeah, Good chance of her getting STS-135 to roundout her 40th:):)
    Fingers crossed:pac::pac::)

Beaky You saying Her life might begin at 40?:pac::)

ynotdu wrote: »

She's only going through the menopause,that's why she's so moody!:p

• Advertisement

I wish!!!! Theres at least another 40 flights left in her:)

I wish!!!! Theres at least another 40 flights left in her:)

The air frames were rated for 100 flights iirc. Other than regular OMDP she could easily go on for a long time yet.:)

Latest whispers are that they're thinking of re-arranging the flights back to their original positions,ie. STS-134 to fly before STS-133.

I can only assume they've had some good news on the AMS testing and are thinking of going back to the original manifest.

Latest whispers are that they're thinking of re-arranging the flights back to their original positions,ie. STS-134 to fly before STS-133.

I can only assume they've had some good news on the AMS testing and are thinking of going back to the original manifest.
    Musical chairs:) Difficult for anyone trying to plan a trip over to catch one:)
    I just hope they take their time and not rush them.

I reckon they'll still only get one more away this year and one in late winter next year. And if STS-135 gets a green light it'll probably be a year from now.

• Advertisement

The AMS payload that was due on STS-134 has its own Facebook page.:D

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Alpha-Magnetic-Spectrometer-AMS-02/61514694953?ref=ts

I learned the hard way since Augustine was commissioned not to speculate! Lord so many things we posted in good faith from what We thought were trusted sources made liars of us.

Everybody at NASA talking from both sides of their mouth:eek:

those who wanted Constellation to go ahead V those fighting for STS extension fighting for the funding, and then there was the politicions..............:mad:

I reckon they'll still only get one more away this year and one in late winter next year. And if STS-135 gets a green light it'll probably be a year from now.
    It looks that way at the moment.
    Processing ongoing for 133. Booster stacking.
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21356.0;attach=230597;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=21356.0;attach=230819;image

Well now LL&Beaky, I hate to interrupt this 'Love in' between You.s but i think if yiz care to search the archives You will find It was Moi that first predicted a Shuttle Launch in 2011!:P

Well now LL&Beaky, I hate to interrupt this 'Love in' between You.s but i think if yiz care to search the archives You will find It was Moi that first predicted a Shuttle Launch in 2011!:P
    Indeed ynotdu, I bow humbly to your earlier prediction:)

Indeed ynotdu, I bow humbly to your earlier prediction:)

Gracious as ever Beaky!:)

Have you got the Lotto numbers for Wednesday?:pac:

Have you got the Lotto numbers for Wednesday?:pac:
    1,2,9,3,4,11, Bonus number=5

put Your Shergar shirt on it!

1,2,9,3,4,11, Bonus number=5

put Your Shergar shirt on it!

I'll buy you a pint if i win.:D

I'll buy you a pint if i win.:D

Ok, fine with Me if You are that mean:(

Unless of course You mean You will buy me a pint at KSC?:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

ynotdu get that signed.. A pint in KSC could easily turn into a pint in KFC if it's a verbal guarantee :) although LL seems like an honourable chap lol

Delighted to see the prospect of a 2011 launch. I'd dearly love to be there. What's the chances of it being a summer launch?

Trotter wrote: »
    ynotdu get that signed.. A pint in KSC could easily turn into a pint in KFC if it's a verbal guarantee :) although LL seems like an honourable chap lol

Delighted to see the prospect of a 2011 launch. I'd dearly love to be there. What's the chances of it being a summer launch?

The NASA staff that are in favour want it to launch in June 2011 to give the ISS as many spares as possible.

I would get it signed by Lord Lucan,Shergar,or Elvis but they are hard to find!:)

At the moment the schedule is up in the air. Presently it looks like there'll be at least one flight before the end of this year and one in late winter/early spring next year. They're for definite.

If STS-135 gets the money to fly it'll probably fly in June next year. We should no more shortly as they're currently evaluating the launch schedule.

Oh,and i'll throw in a Bargain Bucket too Ynotdu.:pac:

Oh,and i'll throw in a Bargain Bucket too Ynotdu.:pac:

What? You will pay for Me to go watch the next falcon Launch?:)

What? You will pay for Me to go watch the next falcon Launch?:)

Yep.:pac:

peregrine-falcon.jpg

Yep.:pac:

peregrine-falcon.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Mooneycam eat yar heart out! Falconcam is the New Kid on the block!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

July would suit me much better. Who do I ring? :P

This guy:

et-phone-home.gif

or if it is a bird You want to ring try him,try him,try him try...........

bird-cell-phone-pets-mirror.jpg

Who's a pretty polly?:D

• Advertisement

June 24th is the date been touted now. NASA are backing the mission so it's a case of getting the funding for it.

Advertisement