Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hippy/beach wear

• 04-06-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I've got 2 parties coming up in the next 2 weeks and one is a beach party so i was gonna wear my billabong board shorts with a yellow vest top or summat along with flip flops or flat pumps & sunnies

The problem is the hippy costume.. I really don't wanna buy a costume as I will only wear it once, perhaps twice.. Is there any hippy style clothes anyone has came across in shops recently?
    I was gonna buy the accessories (headband/rose tinted glasses/medalion)

Any help/advice would be great

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

It would be really easy to throw it together very cheaply from the charity shops, just buy a long floaty skirt or flares and white crochetted or lacy/cotton top (preferably a belly top and with puffy sleeves that are cinched in above the elbow) and then accessorize with long beads, sandals, a floppy sun hat or bandana or silk/plastic flowers in your hair and small round or heart shaped glasses. Try the pound shops too for bits and pieces. You could paint a flower and heart on either cheek in face paint for an authentic festival hippy look. Toe rings, anklets, lots of rings, big hoopy earrings and bangles would work too. Going to a fancy dress as a hippy is so easy and you could prob get away without buying anything if you can borrow a few bits from mates.

Advertisement