Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40" Samsung €569 Currys, is it a good deal?

Options
  • 04-06-2010 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

I saw the ad on telly last nite & got around to ringing Curry's about the info on it, it was reduced from €769.

I wonder what price was it beforehand as im looking at an ad for Currys that was in the paper Samsung 32" HD Ready LCD TV 449 (save €100) as the same model was posted earlier today for €349 save €100? on pixmania

& the 40" model is about the same price here
    Are these inflated prices for the unassuming consumer?

The only upside to this as they give you upto €100 when France get 'le boot' out of the world cup, if you buy a 40"!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Is it the same tv that power city are advertising for €499?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kev7329

Is it the same tv that power city are advertising for €499?

I just found out the model no. LE40C530 from Currys, must av been busy as i rang them a few times today, Powercity are selling it for the same price!

As i was interested to hear about the USB capability & was told that it can only play JPEG+MP3 files but not AVI's from movies? :o

I wanted to get more specs than Powercity as it says USB MOVIE PLAYBACK
    but i had only briefly seen USB on the site when i enquired, i checked out Currys UK for the specs - >
    There's also a USB 2.0 Connect Share Movie feature that lets you share videos, photos and even music, where sound is delivered by powerful stereo 10W down-firing speakers.

I didnt want to ring again, does anyone know what that is?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

According to Samsung.com it says it supports movie playback via USB, though doesn't say what files specifically.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/lcd-tv/LE40C530F1WXXU/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Just bougt a LE40C530 online for €499.95 + €25 for delivery.
    Should arrive by Wednesday/Thursday.

Can't wait as the tv its replacing is a pretty basic 3 year old Mirai 32" set.
    byte wrote: »
    According to Samsung.com it says it supports movie playback via USB, though doesn't say what files specifically.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/tv-audio-video/television/lcd-tv/LE40C530F1WXXU/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail
    List added:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Just bougt a LE40C530 online for €499.95 + €25 for delivery.

Can I ask from where?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭James.

wait4me wrote: »
    Can I ask from where?

power city and did have it :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055950514

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

That's quite a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,954 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

The USB movie player sounds very interesting and it seems to work with a good variety of formats.

Has anyone seen it in action?

Will it work with any USB drive? Are USB drives generally fast enough to play movies successfully?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kev7329

Dont quote me on this yet, but i i'm pretty sure someone told me you need to connect a media player to it?

Unless someone has a better idea of it, but thats a better price than Curry's as i wonder if you could haggle with them on the price as Harvey Norman had said if someone came in to haggle they would take it on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Flana

just put your flick on usb, plug and play

• Advertisement
Advertisement