Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Olympia Theatre

Options
  • 04-06-2010 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭

Alright lads and lasses?

I've just found out that Snoop Dogg is playing a concert in the Olympia Theatre on July 6th. He's one of my favourite artists, and my brother's a big fan too, so I'm thinking about getting tickets and heading up.

I'm not really familiar with the place though, and would be getting a Bus Eireann bus up to Dublin on the day of the concert, stopping up there for the night, and heading back on the bus the next day.

I'm just wondering if the Bus Eireann station is close to the Olympia? How much Taxi's would cost to and from the Bus Station and Theatre. And if anyone can recommened any cheap Hotels or preferably B+B's to stay in for the night that would be great. I'm not on a big budget at all, so decent but cheap would be superb.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The Olympia is right in the City Centre, it's a short walk away from the station.

Not sure about B+Bs though. But there's plenty around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

Alright lads and lasses?

I've just found out that Snoop Dogg is playing a concert in the Olympia Theatre on July 6th. He's one of my favourite artists, and my brother's a big fan too, so I'm thinking about getting tickets and heading up.

I'm not really familiar with the place though, and would be getting a Bus Eireann bus up to Dublin on the day of the concert, stopping up there for the night, and heading back on the bus the next day.

I'm just wondering if the Bus Eireann station is close to the Olympia? How much Taxi's would cost to and from the Bus Station and Theatre. And if anyone can recommened any cheap Hotels or preferably B+B's to stay in for the night that would be great. I'm not on a big budget at all, so decent but cheap would be superb.

Busaras (I'm assuming that's where the bus is leaving you) is about a 30 minute walk from the Olympia. A taxi between the two shouldn't cost you more than a tenner (provided traffic is light).

Wouldn't know hotels too well tbh.:o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

The Olympia is right beside and kinda in Temple bar. There are tons of hostals and hotels in Temple bar so stay somewhere there. If you know where the central bank is in Temple Bar/Dame St then the Olympia is about a 2 mins walk from it

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Busaras (I'm assuming that's where the bus is leaving you) is about a 30 minute walk from the Olympia. A taxi between the two shouldn't cost you more than a tenner (provided traffic is light).

30 minutes?You can half that easily.
    Heres it mapped actually

How much you looking to spend on a hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,195 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Perhaps if you walk on your hands :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭GlasnevinRed

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Perhaps if you walk on your hands :P

Well maybe 20 but considering he might not be stto sure of where he's going.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

How much you looking to spend on a hotel?

If I could get a double or twin room for about €50 I'd be happy, or for €50 would that even be possible? That's why I said B+B would be preferrable as I'd have a chance with getting something in that price range with one of them, but probably no chance with a hotel.

If I could get a double or twin room for about €50 I'd be happy, or for €50 would that even be possible? That's why I said B+B would be preferrable as I'd have a chance with getting something in that price range with one of them, but probably no chance with a hotel.
    I usually use the paramount hotel in temple bar if im up for concerts or a night out.They have a twin that night for €69 room only.Close enough and right around the corner from the olympia

Edit: More maps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I went up to pendulum in the olympia a couple of weeks ago, we stayed in a place called blooms hotel in temple bar it was literally only about a minutes walk from the Olympia and was a nice hotel too. It would be worth checking trains aswell because I got a return ticket to limerick for 20 euro. For the hotel we had a double bed and a single bed it cost us 23 euro each.

€59 for a twin in blooms.Cant go wrong there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

€59 for a twin in blooms.Cant go wrong there

Yep, I just noticed that, I think that's what I'll go for.

Thanks to you all for your help and assistance, great stuff :D

Advertisement