Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yaya Toure signs for English Club says agent

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Aka Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Man City.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Doubt it's City, if it was they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

its rumoured hes "desperate" to join city, as on the BBC gossip page.

although thats the same page thats said previously he wants to join Chelsea or Arsenal ahead of City.

So either or!

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

folan wrote: »
    its rumoured hes "desperate" to join city, as on the BBC gossip page.

although thats the same page thats said previously he wants to join Chelsea or Arsenal ahead of City.

So either or!

Won't be Arsenal, they couldn't afford his wages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Would desperately love him to sign for United - he would be an excellent addition to the team, but it looks like we are not even in the running for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

A month ago his agent was pushing him towards an Arsenal move, gave some very strong indications he would move there. Then within a matter of days he completely backtracked saying Touré would never go to Arsenal. The press at the time seemed to think he was holding out for a move to Chelsea. Surprised to see it being Citeh he's linked with now, his agent seemed fairly dismissive of them at first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

I read somewhere hes valued at £30 million :eek: if he signs for £30 million thats an utter joke :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

gibson wrote: »
    I read somewhere hes valued at £30 million :eek: if he signs for £30 million thats an utter joke :pac:

There wouldnt be many better defensive midfielders in Europe. £30m seems a bit much though, more like £20m (€25m would be about right). Still an excellent player who can play anywhere. I would much rather Barca kept him and sold Keita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Yaya Toures agent is a complete piece of shít. he has been agitating and agitating for the last 12 months about how poorly yaya has been treated.

Now, I would have like to see Yaya get more game time as well, but Pep obviously felt that Busquets was a better option (the one thing I question him over!). Its not like Yaya was frozen out completely, he did get plenty game time. Its a squad game afterall.

I will be gutted to see him leave Barca as for me he is the best defensive midfielder in Europe at the moment. Very versatile, can play centre half if needed and is no slouch going forward either. What more can you want in a player?

Whoever gets him have gotten themselves a gem. €30million sounds about right for him in todays inflated marketplace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

he completed his coaching badges last week.

he's replacing Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

I don't rate him,especially for 30mil I hope he hasnt gone to City!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mascherano to Barca, Yaya to Liverpool. :p

^ Jesus christ :mad: That would sicken me.

gimmick wrote: »
    ^ Jesus christ :mad: That would sicken me.

Why so? It is no secret that Mascherano wants to leave. It was the same last summer and now he has a year less on his contract.

Yaya is a good player with some similar qualities, but also brings things like a being a better passer, and being much better in the air with him.

If Mascherano were to get his move to Barca, then Liverpool could do a lot worse than to get Yaya as his replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,466 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Kess73 wrote: »
    Why so? It is no secret that Mascherano wants to leave. It was the same last summer and now he has a year less on his contract.

Yaya is a good player with some similar qualities, but also brings things like a being a better passer, and being much better in the air with him.

If Mascherano were to get his move to Barca, then Liverpool could do a lot worse than to get Yaya as his replacement.
    I think Gimmick is a barca fan and rates Yaya higher.

I do not like Mascherano. Yaya is a far better all round player than him. Masch would cost a fairly hefty sum. Why spent it for burger when you have steak already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Unless its a swap and we'd have heard it by now. LFC is not the buyer. But it could be Manchester Utd with Anderson, Hargreaves and Scholes going the other way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

That would actually be a bad deal for both teams involved. As Mascherano is the better DM for a side that plays the way Liverpool do, and the same can be said for Toure at Barca. Still though, wouldnt mind selling him for 36 million euro as it almost completely funds the David Villa transfer.

gimmick wrote: »
    I do not like Mascherano. Yaya is a far better all round player than him. Masch would cost a fairly hefty sum. Why spent it for burger when you have steak already?

Well then you can see why, as a Liverpool fan, I would have no problem with getting Yaya if Mascherano went the other way. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Masch is vastly inferior. Barca will be light for cover in that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ush1 wrote: »

YaYa can't be that superior to Masch that he's being kept out by Busquets.

come on lads.

he's possibly a better footballer than Masch, but in terms of breaking up play, and getting around the pitch, there are very few better than him, never mind a guy who can't get a place in the Barca team every week.

Ush1 wrote: »

Ah now, he is not vastly inferior by any means. He is still one of the best in his role, and it was not because he is a poor player that he was getting so much attention from Barca last summer.

I like the idea of Yaya over Masch for Liverpool, because I think that Yaya would be a better fit to the Liverpool set up right now. If Liverpool still had Alonso in midfield then I would prefer Masch to Yaya as a midfield partener.

SlickRic wrote: »

come on lads.

he's possibly a better footballer than Masch, but in terms of breaking up play, and getting around the pitch, there are very few better than him, never mind a guy who can't get a place in the Barca team every week.

Well Busquets is good but to anyone with eyes Toure is clearly superior, despite Busquets being favoured by Pep. So keeping him out of the team doesn't count for much.

He doesn't get in the Barca team as much this season because he isn't from La Masia. His ability is unquestionable to be honest. Possibly the best DM/CM in the world, right up there with a fit Essien.

He can pass better than Masch, tackle better, cover as much ground, dribble foward better, better shot and plays fantastic at CB.

Ah now, he is not vastly inferior by any means. He is still one of the best in his role, and it was not because he is a poor player that he was getting so much attention from Barca last summer.

I like the idea of Yaya over Masch for Liverpool, because I think that Yaya would be a better fit to the Liverpool set up right now. If Liverpool still had Alonso in midfield then I would prefer Masch to Yaya as a midfield partener.

I believe he is vastly, I think he can do everything Masch can do and alot more.

Don't get me wrong I think Masch covers alot of ground and is tenacious, excellent for Liverpool and very good at what he does, but Toure has got alot more.

mike65 wrote: »

Not really a shock to see it suggested is it? It has been mooted for quite some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Not really a shock to see it suggested is it? It has been mooted for quite some time.

Swap for who?

just read complete article.

macherano

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Would be a fantastic move for pool if true.
    Not that i want to lose Mascherano, but i am resigned to him leaving. This would be a great replacement.

• Advertisement

Manchester Evening News are on the case
    Manchester United are reportedly monitoring Yaya Toure after the Barcelona defender's agent said he could be heading for the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Would piss me off to see Yaya snub Arsenal and then move to Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I'd be delighted, considering it was Wegner who consistently snubbed him during his career pre- Barcelona. Serves him right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

As eZe^ says we had plenty of opportunities to take him on board and Wenger didn't, so why should he come to us now? I'm sure Kolo has told him a few bad stories too, especially about Gallas, who is technically still a player at the club.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

come on lads.

Your saying that like its a easy thing to do.

Ibrahimovic the worlds most expensive center forward couldnt get into the Barca team every week.

Toure is a far superior player to Mascherano. Toure is like Zidane & Essien rolled into one just not as good as them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

The Muppet wrote: »
    Swap for who?

Rafa
    Ibrahimovic the worlds most expensive center forward couldnt get into the Barca team every week.

Being the most expensive center forward does not guarantee you a place in a team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

do barca really want €30m

yet they only bid €35m for fabregas and wonder why arsenal wont sell?

jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

event wrote: »
    do barca really want €30m

yet they only bid €35m for fabregas and wonder why arsenal wont sell?

jaysus

Yaya doesn't have Citeh/Chelsea/Pool/United DNA. Therefore those clubs have to pay a proper transfer fee for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

tdv123 wrote: »
    Toure is like Zidane & Essien rolled into one just not as good as them.

What a description :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

€100 or forum access he is not going to Liverpool. Your access not mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Mascherano isnt fit to lace Toure's boots .
    Mascherano is a one dimensional player and a limited one at that,Toure is good at almost everything.
    Toure is far better than Busquest too .
    Guardiola brought Busquets up from the Barca B side when he became manager of the first team ,he was the B team captain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

RasTa wrote: »
    €100 or forum access he is not going to Liverpool. Your access not mine.

damn thought you were saying 100 says he was going to liverpool was going to jump in and make that bet with you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

lol Mascherano is quality, best DM in the world imo, would provide the Barcelona team alot more protection than Busquets currently does.

So what his passing is average, his job would be to win the ball and lay it off to the likes of Xavi and Iniesta then to create something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

come on lads.

He's being kept out by Busquets because, as someone rightly pointed out on the United thread, Pep has a hard-on for La Masia bred players. IMO, Toure is the superior player (at this moment in time, anyway).

also,
    Newsflash: Mascherano is nowhere near as good as liverpool fans rate him. Alonso was by far the best midfielder yous have had over the last 5/6 seasons. And I include Stevie G in that too.

Not sure anyone has even mentioned Masch being better than Toure.

All I see are a lot of Gooners and sorted others dissing the Argentine captain.

Not sure anyone has even mentioned Masch being better than Toure.

Shhh Mike, let them all argue about a claim nobody has made. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Edit: entirely missed your point. Carry on.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

Will prob be either utd or city he'll go to. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

Considering he can play at centre half aswell 30 million wouldnt be such a rip off though saying that Carrick "can" play both positions aswell. How come his agent cant name the club? This is like when Kewell signed for Liverpool and he did a big OTT announcment on Aussie TV.Didnt he say City wernt big enough for him? Imagine him with Essien at Chelsea :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

doubt he signed for any club yet

every single club would have announced it by now. he is probably in provisional talks but doubt he is signed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I am not wholey convinced.

However, it wouldn't surprise me if the board had gone over Rafa's head and negotiated this deal themselves.

Rafa could have kicked up a fuss and played his "it's him or me" card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement