Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have experience of letting a parking space?

Options
  • 04-06-2010 4:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭

Have a parking space I'm not using, underground, secure, etc etc.

Any pitfalls to look out for when letting a space?
    Do management companies mind if people do this? (haven't contacted mine as of yet).

I haven't seen any spaces advertised in my building.

If people are doing this, how much are you getting/what area are you?
    I had a look on daft/gumtree and the asking prices vary greatly, hard to know what prices people are actually getting.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

It all depends- are you renting or an owner? I was a renter and sub-let my parking spot as I drive a motorbike and wasn't willing to pay 50 quid a month to park it (in D8).
    But I had to get permission from the landlord first. Im not sure about the rules re: management co.- you'd have to ask them. There might be issues if the car park has direct unsecured access to the main building which could then be said to pose a security risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

You'd need a code to access the building via the car park.
    Also, it's not city center, the only person I can see taking the spot (if anyone) would be someone who already lives in the complex.

I'm a renter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

In our development it would be a total no no. The spaces belong to the apartments and are for the use of residents only. There's also a security issue with giving security codes to non residents. Check your lease and double check with your landlord that it's ok with them and wouldn't be putting them in breach of their lease from the management company.

Advertisement