Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2.1 GSM HTC Hero update finally announced by htc

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

since I upgraded to 2.1 the speaker phone function won't work. When I hit the button it simply mutes the other person, which is the exact opposite of what I wish it to do.

Sometimes it does work properly though, just most the time it does not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

I, too, am unhappy with the update.

Errors about processes not responding, very laggy phone operations, "Loading ...." message coming up from time to time for no obvious reason, WiFi/Mobile not always working properly forcing me to reboot the phone.

I resisted the temptation to root my phone and install a custom ROM because I wanted to wait (and wait... and wait ...) for the official HTC update which, I assumed, would be well tested and work perfectly.

Given the less than satisfactory quality of the HTC release there's now no reason for me not to go the custom ROM route.

My view of HTC has been soured by the long and repeated delays and their crappy update. I don't believe my next phone will be a HTC phone - although it will almost certainly be an Android phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

alarm works for me
    speaker phone works for me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

No major complaints myself. I occasionally get an error about a program not responding but it's infrequent so won't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭blue chuzzle

why for the love of god isnt my hero picking up the update? i got it from amazon so its not locked and its set up on the vodafone network as per then instructions on the other thread. it works fine in all other ways but its not picking the update up no matter how far i set the date ahead...

has anyone else had this problem? i turned on gps and its fully charged and on wifi

my emotions are a rollercoaster of:
    :mad::mad::mad::(:mad::mad::mad::(:(:confused::(:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

While blue tooth connected to my satnav,
    an alarm I had for seven thirty went off,
    but it didn't present, so I had to power cycle the phone.
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement