Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Mr.S wrote: »
    The risk of him not turning up/doing what the did tonight.

Will be a messy few days for MCD.

Hardly. They're still playing. That means they won't have to give any refunds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 eyes_alive

This is a joke! lol... Axl Rose... What a tool!

If ye come across any vids from the carry on tonight in the 02 post them here folks!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

SIBERIA wrote: »
    I don't know why people are so suprised by it all, hes imfamous for doing this always was....

Not many on here are surprised by it, pissed off yes, surprised - no.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Mr.S wrote: »
    The risk of him not turning up/doing what the did tonight.

But people have parted with their hard earned cash and may not see again it despite what he did tonight.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

One o my mates called to vent his anger 'i spent so much money etc' 10 mins later called to let us know he was let back in so some people obviously could get back in!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 eyes_alive

Who's playing guitar with GnR at the moment anyhow? BumbleFoot maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I wonder if MCD agreed to cover or waiver the fines for Axl breaking curfew in order to get him back on stage?

I know those charges are usually high but it would still probably be cheaper than dishing out all those refunds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Spoogle3000

Im not one bit surprised by his actions and i doubt anyone else is!

i wouldnt cross the street to see them and i think many more people will feel the same

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Yukina

I wonder if MCD agreed to cover or waiver the fines for Axl breaking curfew in order to get him back on stage?

I know those charges are usually high but it would still probably be cheaper than dishing out all those refunds.

thats a fair point, but then again, gnr have been playing past the curfew in many venues on this tour, axl just seems to believe that he's above everything and everyone else....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nutgrover

What a waste of time it was. I'm not even angry that he left after 20 minutes as he gave a warning after 2 plastic bottles and walked off after a glass one. I'm disgusted more by his 1 hour delay in starting up. Sadly, this guy proved to be a redneck. Bottlethrowers are just stupid c..nts and organizers should keep greater distance between 'fans' & stage + security guards should be watching, like it was on other rock concerts I was. People were even rougher than northern dubs and still such incidents were preventing by tighter security control + no glass bottles (only plastic cups) sold in the venue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭_sparkie_

i am so happy i went to blink in the 02 last night over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

At the end of the day, hate people with the "I play music, im above the rest of you" attitude, but most of them do it for show. Take Liam Gallagher, he acts the part but (being someone who doesnt like Oasis at all) he still respects the fans and knows they put him where he is today. Axl doesnt see that and seems to treat fans, bandmates alike, like absolute dirt. As someone who isnt a major Guns and Roses fan but loves their music all the same, if i saw Axl begging for change on the street, i wouldnt give that tool a cent! If he doesnt respect any other human being, im certainly not gonna respect him!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Nutgrover wrote: »
    What a waste of time it was. I'm not even angry that he left after 20 minutes as he gave a warning after 2 plastic bottles and walked off after a glass one. I'm disgusted more by his 1 hour delay in starting up. Sadly, this guy proved to be a redneck. Bottlethrowers are just stupid c..nts and organizers should keep greater distance between 'fans' & stage + security guards should be watching, like it was on other rock concerts I was. People were even rougher than northern dubs and still such incidents were preventing by tighter security control + no glass bottles (only plastic cups) sold in the venue.

In fairness, you'd need to be about 100 yards away to be unable to throw a bottle!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

From our point off view, sitting in front of our laptops, but you really got to feel for the people down in the o2 now who were really looking forward to a good show.

One of my relatives was at it. He spotted the band standing at the tour bus on his way out of the gig, and shouted out "Axl you're a sellout !". Fair play to him

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

eyes_alive wrote: »
    If ye come across any vids from the carry on tonight in the 02 post them here folks!

I'm pretty sure the Gestapo MCD will have them taken offline pretty quicksmart!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Nutgrover wrote: »
    There were no glass bottles thrown, only plastic. And Justin ****ing Bieber can laugh off a plastic bottle but Axl Rose can't? Don't try and justify his dickery.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

When there's over 420 people on a forum that isn't after hours, you know something fun is happening :D

Had great fun reading through this thread, sounds like a disaster alright!

rivalius13 wrote: »
    There were no glass bottles thrown, only plastic. And Justin ****ing Bieber can laugh off a plastic bottle but Axl Rose can't? Don't try and justify his dickery.

Quote of the night right there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Yukina wrote: »
    Quote of the night right there!!

Robbed from Metalireland.com forum :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

rivalius13 wrote: »

And from a singer who played in some of the biggest Dives in their early career when projectiles being thrown at the stage were part and parcel of a live gig.

I'm not condoning people lobbing stuff onstage but most rock & metal bands still get it now and again and just deal with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

All I have to say is..

270913946_efa38ec3d8.jpg

This thread is great reading. Sounds like an absolute nightmare...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,047 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Sounds like the 02 emptied quicker than when poor auld Bernard Dunne got Ko'd last year.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Wow Danko Jones played for 90 mins

Did they really?

Have never listened to their recorded stuff but they were a fun band live when I saw them. Wouldn't snub them as a supporting act.
    Fandango wrote: »
    At the end of the day, hate people with the "I play music, im above the rest of you" attitude, but most of them do it for show. Take Liam Gallagher, he acts the part but (being someone who doesnt like Oasis at all) he still respects the fans and knows they put him where he is today. Axl doesnt see that and seems to treat fans, bandmates alike, like absolute dirt. As someone who isnt a major Guns and Roses fan but loves their music all the same, if i saw Axl begging for change on the street, i wouldnt give that tool a cent! If he doesnt respect any other human being, im certainly not gonna respect him!

They will get publicity from this, that's the one upside. It was the focal point of Reading and Leeds this year and I expect the Dublin gig to get a decent amount of media coverage from tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dannyboymed

Hearing about this makes me all the more happy that I went to see Iron Maiden a month ago. Now there's a band (frontman) who knows how to age gracefully.

Then again, this is good craic for anyone who didn't go, to listen to what a shambles the show is. My condolences to anyone who had the misfortune to waste money on Axl though.

well whoever said it, well done lad!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

What good are all those annoying people with camera phones at gigs if they don't upload the good stuff after a gig like this?

Come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Yukina wrote: »
    well whoever said it, well done lad!
    :)

And at this rate, there's no doubt in my mind that i would much rather buy a Justin Bieber ticket that put my money in that plastic faced has-been's pocket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Spoogle3000

after reading through and listening to FM104, i really do doubt that any more promoters will get them if Axl is gona act like that on stage, they'll probably do the gigs the contracted to do and fe*k off..........hopefully ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

What good are all those annoying people with camera phones at gigs if they don't upload the good stuff after a gig like this?

Come on!

I know, nothing on youtube yet. Are they still playing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I know, nothing on youtube yet. Are they still playing?

Still playing according to the tweeters!

Advertisement