Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 red_eskimo

What good are all those annoying people with camera phones at gigs if they don't upload the good stuff after a gig like this?

Come on!

ysik.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

They will get publicity from this, that's the one upside. It was the focal point of Reading and Leeds this year and I expect the Dublin gig to get a decent amount of media coverage from tomorrow.

I don't see what all this publicity will do for Axl anc co. Can't see an upside to it, no one is going to rush out and buy Chinese Democary on the back of this and he is never going to be able to play a show here again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Did they really?

Have never listened to their recorded stuff but they were a fun band live when I saw them. Wouldn't snub them as a supporting act.

They will get publicity from this, that's the one upside. It was the focal point of Reading and Leeds this year and I expect the Dublin gig to get a decent amount of media coverage from tomorrow.
    Yea someone on FM104 said they came on 8pm and left at 9.30 and tried really hard to get the crowd pumped up for GNR

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

after reading through and listening to FM104, i really do doubt that any more promoters will get them if Axl is gona act like that on stage, they'll probably do the gigs the contracted to do and fe*k off..........hopefully ;)

in fairness, people will still go because it's Axl Rose.

not everyone is as clued in as people here or with any knowledge of the music scene, Axls behavior tonight is not without precedent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Just got a text saying still going but being a p*rick

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DiceManFan

To be fair, the god-awful support act warned us we'd feel like we had been absolutely fisted after hearing GnR.

Yep, feelin' it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

DominoDub wrote: »

I'm pretty sure that wasn't recorded tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

DiceManFan wrote: »
    To be fair, the god-awful support act warned us we'd feel like we had been absolutely fisted after hearing GnR.

Yep, feelin' it.

Said that on stage, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yea someone on FM104 said they came on 8pm and left at 9.30 and tried really hard to get the crowd pumped up for GNR

Mad, they played longer than a headline set! I'd say that was awkward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Glad i didn't go,all the extra €6 pints i'd have to buy whilst waiting and a joer home would've been an expensive night out!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

The way that Axl jerk behaved, it'll be "Puppet Show & Guns 'N' Roses" this time next year.....

I'm pretty sure that wasn't recorded tonight!

its from a gig in st louis on the use your illusion tour, the arena was completely trashed and im not sure but i think there was a warrant out for the band and they just hid in their tour bus and the driver got them over the state line as fast as posssible, axl later went back to answer charges

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Ally Dick wrote: »
    The way that Axl jerk behaved, it'll be "Puppet Show & Guns 'N' Roses" this time next year.....

Next year?

axl_rose_after_plastic_surgery.jpg-764330.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Mad, they played longer than a headline set! I'd say that was awkward.

Maybe the support act should get payed the headline money and gnr should get the support act money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭fikay

On the 1st of september 2010 he caused absolute mayhem in Dublins o2 arena after walking off stage after 20 minutes. Many fans were outraged and riots began to take place in the arena itself. He was later seen in the venue carpark, holding his mickey and crying into a bowl of Hazelbrook Farm ice cream.
    My housemate is doing security at the o2 tonight and I'm wating up, giddy as a child, to show him that.
    Doubt he'll find it funny mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DiceManFan

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Said that on stage, yeah?

Yeah, a closing remark, but I imagine they meant it as a positive thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

fikay wrote: »
    My housemate is doing security at the o2 tonight and I'm wating up, giddy as a child, to show him that.
    Doubt he'll find it funny mind.

Tough job doing security there tonight,don't envy him at all!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Maybe the support act should get payed the headline money and gnr should get the support act money

This time last year, most of that "Guns & Roses" line up WERE getting paid Support Act money!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Yukina

Slash, duff, steve and izzy should join forces and prove that it's not gnr that's gone to sh*t, just axl being a tyrannical ________ (generic insult no. 42),

i'm sure they'd treat the fans with much more respect, and do a better live show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yukina wrote: »
    Slash, duff, steve and izzy should join forces and prove that it's not gnr that's gone to sh*t, just axl being a tyrannical ________ (generic insult no. 42),

i'm sure they'd treat the fans with much more respect, and do a better live show

Well Slashs show in Vicar St was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Nutgrover

DiceManFan wrote: »

Yep, feelin' it.

Lol. Me too. Not my favourite feeling tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭fikay

lord lucan wrote: »
    Tough job doing security there tonight,don't envy him at all!:eek:
    Nope, not easy at all. Still, if you can't laugh at other people, who can you laugh at?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Thaedydal wrote: »

I want to thank this twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'll be perfectly honest..

.. I saw them playing on the Liffey today for that Nova FM thing.

I hear them playing, walked straight past as I was sure they were a tribute act. Christ, it was f*cking shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Shelli2 wrote: »

In fairness they desive to be bottled they are crap lol

But at least they did not walk of stage so we have to give that to them

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Robbed from Metalireland.com forum :rolleyes:

I have over 900 John Mayer songs on my laptop, you REALLY think I visit Metalireland?

it was a tribute act

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

basquille wrote: »
    I'll be perfectly honest..

.. I saw them playing on the Liffey today for that Nova FM thing.

I hear them playing, walked straight past as I was sure they were a tribute act. Christ, it was f*cking shocking!

That was a tribute band.

Advertisement