Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

basquille wrote: »
    I'll be perfectly honest..

.. I saw them playing on the Liffey today for that Nova FM thing.

I hear them playing, walked straight past as I was sure they were a tribute act. Christ, it was f*cking shocking!

i'm pretty sure that was a tribute act...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Anyone who told me gnr played on the liffey I asked them when did Slash join the band again,

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

rivalius13 wrote: »
    I have over 1000 John Mayer songs on my laptop, you REALLY think I visit Metalireland?

I have 13 John Mayer songs I like very much on my hard drive, and I visit Metalireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Alright.. thank feck for that!

I did say I just walked past.. I didn't really stop to look. Saw "Axl's" dreads and kept on going.

I thought it was odd he didn't jump ship after 7 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

I'll be perfectly honest..

.. I saw them playing on the Liffey today for that Nova FM thing.

I hear them playing, walked straight past as I was sure they were a tribute act. Christ, it was f*cking shocking!

It was a tribute, they had a Slash, he actually looked like someone had blacked him up.

A Minstrel Slash if you will.

• Advertisement

gig is over.

gig is over.

About time!

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mockler007

In fairness they desive to be bottled they are crap lol

But at least they did not walk of stage so we have to give that to them

they did walk off stage, for 40 mins, after 20 mins of being boooo'd
    and was an hour and a half late,

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

gig is over.

Again?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Wonder what will Axl's response on twitter be since he said he had a deal with Reading/Leeds about there time or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

I gotta say, this is the most fun I've had at a concert that I wasn't actually at.
    Joe_Dull wrote: »
    I have 13 John Mayer songs I like very much on my hard drive, and I visit Metalireland :)

WELL below the threshold. And if they're Trio songs (Of which 83 of mine are) then it's KINDA cheating, even though I counted mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Can people please stop posting youtube videos that aren't of tonights show?
    Giving us all false hope :(

Ok this is what Ive gotten from the drunken over excited hubbie

It was such a disappointedment mainly because his vocal was aweseom and had he gone on stage on time then the crowd would have loved it.

When he came back on stage he sang the songs, well, but never spoke once, there was no crowd interaction he went from one song to another and didnt even say goodnight.

When the bus was pulling out of the venue gards were running alongside it as fans were banging it, with what or how I dont know.

Thousands of people spilling out of the venue walking down towards oconnell street, some slating some defending. My hubbie sings in a gnr tribute band, he is a huge huge fan, Im a huge fan too, but he says he is disgusted, he would slate him with the best of them after tonight.

I really don't see how people are so offended by the nights events. Axl is notorious for showing up late, it's been that way since as far back as I can remember. I was nearly tempted to go this afternoon by the prospect of a cheap ticket but I knew well that it was going top be nothing more than a tribute act and that they would be at least an hour late.

As for what happened after they went on stage, well Axl he did warn the audience what would happen and a small group of people ruined rest of the the night for everyone. There is absolutely no excuse for bottling a band, none at all. Axl is a notorious tyrannical asshole, who treats his fans and band mates like crap but tbh that's always been part of the appeal. He'll never sit alongside the Gods of Rock (Lemmy, Iggy, Alice, Ozzy, etc) as he's just too much of a twat but when he's on form he can be a truly amazing performer, shame that he hasn't been on form for over a decade.

As for those people saying that there are only plastic bottles in the O2, I saw plenty of glass bottles at Blink last night.

As for those people saying that there are only plastic bottles in the O2, I saw plenty of glass bottles at Blink last night.
    Very true. Last night, I saw enough glass bottles of Beck's (the beer, not the singer) to pummel every member of The Polyphonic Spree.. twice! :pac:

rivalius13 wrote: »
    I gotta say, this is the most fun I've had at a concert that I wasn't actually at.

WELL below the threshold. And if they're Trio songs (Of which 83 of mine are) then it's KINDA cheating, even though I counted mine.

Have to agree with you there, it's made my evening! Sorry I don't meet your stringent criteria - I only have Continuum and a cover of Message in a Bottle. That said, I would buy another album.

When he came back on stage he sang the songs, well, but never spoke once, there was no crowd interaction he went from one song to another and didnt even say goodnight..

tbh that's exactly what I would want from a gig, while banter between songs can be great I would have no problem with a band going out and simply playing their hearts out for 90 minutes before running back off. I would imagine that had Axle not been repeatedly bottled he would have eventually warmed up to the crowd once they got into it and the banter would have flowed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Very true. Last night, I saw enough glass bottles of Beck's (the beer, not the singer) to pummel every member of The Polyphonic Spree.. twice! :pac:

Awww, I like them. Even won a robe from a competition on their site.

tbh that's exactly what I would want from a gig, while banter between songs can be great I would have no problem with a band going out and simply playing their hearts out for 90 minutes before running back off. I would imagine that had Axle not been repeatedly bottled he would have eventually warmed up to the crowd once they got into it and the banter would have flowed.

Ah to an extent but if theres no crowd interaction its not a show, you may as well just put on a cd and listen to it in your sitting room. Axls fans enjoy his odd rants, how he gets really into some topic he just decides to discuss on stage, its been a part of his show for so long so to stand on stage and say nothing would be a huge let down.

• Advertisement

Awww, I like them. Even won a robe from a competition on their site.
    Don't get me wrong.. I like them too actually!

They've an amazing energy on stage, which I've only seen matched by Arcade Fire IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Axl Rose is gonna sleep soundly tonight in one of the best hotels in Dublin, being paid for by the Dublin chumps who thought that somehow, tonight would be some sort of glimmer of once was!

I've no idea why anyone bought tickets to this sham in the first place!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I really don't see how people are so offended by the nights events. Axl is notorious for showing up late, it's been that way since as far back as I can remember. I was nearly tempted to go this afternoon by the prospect of a cheap ticket but I knew well that it was going top be nothing more than a tribute act and that they would be at least an hour late.

As for what happened after they went on stage, well Axl he did warn the audience what would happen and a small group of people ruined rest of the the night for everyone. There is absolutely no excuse for bottling a band, none at all. Axl is a notorious tyrannical asshole, who treats his fans and band mates like crap but tbh that's always been part of the appeal. He'll never sit alongside the Gods of Rock (Lemmy, Iggy, Alice, Ozzy, etc) as he's just too much of a twat but when he's on form he can be a truly amazing performer, shame that he hasn't been on form for over a decade.

You're defending him?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145398
    Report: GUNS N' ROSES Walks Off Stage In Dublin - Sep. 1, 2010

According to Entertainment.ie, tonight's (Wednesday, September 1) GUNS N' ROSES concert at the O2 in Dublin, Ireland started at 10:25 p.m. — well over an hour after the support act, DANKO JONES, had finished playing. Some angry fans booed and threw a few beer/water bottles on stage in protest at the delay.

GUNS N' ROSES kicked off the show with "Welcome To The Jungle" at which point another bottle was thrown up on stage, causing singer Axl Rose to declare, "One more bottle and we're going home. We're here to have fun and we hope you are too, but one more and we are gone." According to the report, "The gig continued for another three songs and as Rose was introducing the band, another missile was thrown at the band. At this, Rose took the band, bid his goodnight and stormed off the stage at about 10:50 p.m."

The report adds, "Just after 11 p.m., a member of the O2 staff arrived on stage telling the crowd that there were some 'technical difficulties' and they were trying to get GUNS N' ROSES back on stage. A short while after, another staff member arrived on stage to plead with the now depleting crowd to stop throwing bottles as they were still trying to get Axl Rose to return to the stage. [At] 11:10 p.m., the main lights came on and the majority of the crowd left The O2."

According to Entertainment.ie, GUNS N' ROSES returned to the stage at about 11:25 p.m. and "continued playing a set to a small but pretty irate crowd."

It is not presently clear if refunds will be offered to fans who ended up leaving the venue before the concert resumed.

Technical difficulties lol.

Ah to an extent but if theres no crowd interaction its not a show, you may as well just put on a cd and listen to it in your sitting room. Axls fans enjoy his odd rants, how he gets really into some topic he just decides to discuss on stage, its been a part of his show for so long so to stand on stage and say nothing would be a huge let down.

His rants are good fun but at the same time expecting him to go out and interact with an audience who are booing and bottling him is a little much. It's not like Axl's penchant for being late hasn't been heavily written about and getting so angry over it that you feel the need to bottle the band it is a little childish. Granted he should have been there on time but come on it's Axl, if he was on time you'd be worried.

Spent the past half hour listening to some classic Guns N Roses reminding myself of jsut how great they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

They came back at 11.30 and rocked the place til 1.05.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Yukina

All things considered, that's a decent enough set list... still wouldn't pay to see axl and his tribute act though....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Very, very strange night. The best part for me was the banter on the walk back toward O'Connell St. Oh and the hotdog I had while that other band were supporting headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

RoRoCullen wrote: »
    They came back at 11.30 and rocked the place til 1.05.
    For about 50 people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

His rants are good fun but at the same time expecting him to go out and interact with an audience who are booing and bottling him is a little much. It's not like Axl's penchant for being late hasn't been heavily written about and getting so angry over it that you feel the need to bottle the band it is a little childish. Granted he should have been there on time but come on it's Axl, if he was on time you'd be worried.

Spent the past half hour listening to some classic Guns N Roses reminding myself of jsut how great they were.

Every person in that place paid €70, €90, whatever it was!

He'd better turn up on time and put on a show!

For that kinda money and considering he's so cheeky to use the GnR name, he'd better turn up on stage on a f*cking Unicorn!

Advertisement