Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Just in.. played till 12.55am,Great gig.. Axl is a Legend!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

larry1 wrote: »
    Just in.. played till 12.55am,Great gig.. Axl is a Legend!! :D

Is that you Axl?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

MrStuffins wrote: »
    he'd better turn up on stage on a f*cking Unicorn!
    He tried.. but apparently despite Axl and MCD's best efforts, the unicorn wouldn't go on!

That fecking unicorn and his "diva-ish" ways..!

You're defending him?!!!

I'm not so much defending him as pointing out how ludicrous it is that people are getting so upset over his actions. ffs, its Axl he's rarely on time and when he is he usually gives a dreadful performance. As for the walking offstage, well I will defend him for that. If a performer repeatedly warns the audience not to throw bottles at him and they continue to throw glass bottles at his head then he has every entitlement to walk off stage.Being a prick does not mean that it's okay for people to throw glass bottles at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

The amount of plain wrong info in this thread is lol. There were still at least 3/4 of the crowd there when they came back on.

• Advertisement

I'd say the concern Darko was The O2's "apparent" curfew of 11pm..

.. plenty of people paid €75 to see them, and he arrived with the possibility of a 30 minute set.

I can see why people were pissed off.. I wouldn't have bottled them (I'm not that type of person) but I can see why people were hugely angry and frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Every person in that place paid €70, €90, whatever it was!

He'd better turn up on time and put on a show!

For that kinda money and considering he's so cheeky to use the GnR name, he'd better turn up on stage on a f*cking Unicorn!

tbh anyone who paid 70-90 euro to see what is in essence a tribute act is out of their mind. I was offered a ticket for 40 euro today and even then I wouldn't even consider going, thought for a second I was tempted imaging how good they were back in the day when it really was Guns N' Roses

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

My version of the night,as posted on another site

Ok so me and the missus arvive at half 6 at the O2.. standing in line and waiting to get in to get our seats.. the young security lads start shouting "no bottles chains etc etc" and there is metal detector searches etc fairly strict stuff.

We get in and take our seats, then 2 little townie scumbags sit down beside us and start making sounds like they are dying.. tapping girls on the shoulder shouting at them, flicking beer at them etc etc.. bit obvious it was only a matter of time before they were fcuked out.

So then the Support band comes on and nobody really takes to them, more sympothy applause than anything. They play until about 9:20 and everyones really glad to see the back of them. Time starts moving by and everyones talking about how they have work etc and cant stay around too long. People start getting fustrated and start boo'in. Then some genius comes up with the idea to start a mexican wave lol el_tren_3_small.png, that was all well and good for 5 mins.

Eventually Guns come on stage over a hour later and are met with boo's. From the off there are bottles being hurled up on stage. Axl stops in the middle of the 2nd song and says "If this **** happens again we're off". I think they made it to the 4th song and hes storms off. Everyone knew it was going to happen, so que the weird riot buzz and course's of boos and general madness.

I go for a smoke with the missus and as we are making our way back to our seats, there was 2 fights and it Seemed fairly serious. Seemed the 2 scumbags were involved, they eventually get dragged out kicking and screaming. Theres a lad there with his daughter, she is 6 years old max, the look on her face said it all.

Everything calms down a little where we are, we are just waiting now on an announcement to be made as to wtf is going to happen. There is a big lad sitting directly in front of me, when i mean big i mean HUGE! The 2 lads have their t-shirts changed and make a b line for the guy in front of us. The little scumbags get 1 punch in max and he literally wipes the floor with them. GF is holding me back as if they got the better of him i was def jumping in. Then the dust settles again after people are really getting distressed up the front and attempting to riot. Security barely managing to defuse the situation at the front.

Guns come back on stage, empty seats everywhere! Met with boos obviously. Axl just stands there singing while the other lads in fairness are giving it socks and sound pretty fcuking good. I had a pain in my hole with it all and just left.

My question is.. Why the fcuk are organisers selling glass bottles of beer at rock concerts? Surely there has to be a huge chance that something could happen. They are so strict outside but dont give a fcuk inside? once they get 6.50 a bottle lol??!?!??! nuts if you ask me!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

For about 50 people

Nope, only around 25% at most left. It was still packed.

• Advertisement

tbh anyone who paid 70-90 euro to see what is in essence a tribute act is out of their mind. I was offered a ticket for 40 euro today and even then I wouldn't even consider going, thought for a second I was tempted imaging how good they were back in the day when it really was Guns N' Roses

tbh seeing the 3 guitarists alone was worth the money. They were amazing.

basquille wrote: »
    I'd say the concern Darko was The O2's "apparent" curfew of 11pm..

.. plenty of people paid €75 to see them, and he arrived with the possibility of a 30 minute set.

I can see why people were pissed off.. I wouldn't have bottled them (I'm not that type of person) but I can see why people were hugely angry and frustrated.

I agree, had I gone and paid the ticket price I would have been very angry and disappointed but at the same time Axl is known for repeatedly playing well past the curfew. No matter how big a prick Axl is there is absolutely no excuse for bottling a band. Why would he stage on stage if he has to spend the night dodging glass bottles?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Thousands of people paid 70 to see him and thousands of people probably knew to expect a late performance, a small group of people threw things, is it right to assume that the other few thousand lose their night out as a consequence, no its not. Security are in place for a reason, a rpofessional would ensure the people throwing items are lifted, those being aggressive are lifted and explain this to the crowd. This is not what happened, Axl walked off stage in protest of a limited number of peoples behaviour and when he did finally return after disppointed a large number of fans who left, he played what I hear to be a bitter performance to those who stayed to see him. To be honest booing is out of order really, ok hes made late boo for a minute and get on with it but the entire crowd should not pay for the minority.

No curfew in the O2, confirmed to me by a steward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

j10spades wrote: »
    My question is.. Why the fcuk are organisers selling glass bottles of beer at rock concerts? Surely there has to be a huge chance that something could happen. They are so strict outside but dont give a fcuk inside? once they get 6.50 a bottle lol??!?!??! nuts if you ask me!

FYI they weren't glass bottles, just plastic bottles that look like the glass ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I'm not so much defending him as pointing out how ludicrous it is that people are getting so upset over his actions. ffs, its Axl he's rarely on time and when he is he usually gives a dreadful performance. As for the walking offstage, well I will defend him for that. If a performer repeatedly warns the audience not to throw bottles at him and they continue to throw glass bottles at his head then he has every entitlement to walk off stage.Being a prick does not mean that it's okay for people to throw glass bottles at you.

What's ludicrous is that people paid money for a gig that was an hour and a half delayed. So he came on to boos, so what, get over it be a professional, apologise for being late (or make a quip about it even, just acknowledge it) and proceed to win the nay-sayers over with some cracking tunes.

Don't throw a diva tantrum if a couple of people throw a couple of bottles of Ballygowan or River Rock at you.

The house lights came on, people were being told to leave by staff. Then when it emerged that they'd returned to the stage over an hour later, people weren't allowed back in. That's not Axl's fault, it's bad organisation from o2 and MCD, but if he hadn't behaved like an immature has-been then it wouldn't have been an issue in the first place.

The whole thing was a farce in my opinion.

FYI they weren't glass bottles, just plastic bottles that look like the glass ones.

I saw several people with glass bottles of Smirnoff Ice and Carlsberg.

Also, no one was told to leave and everyone was free to walk back in when they re-took the stage, thats what I did.

I agree, had I gone and paid the ticket price I would have been very angry and disappointed but at the same time Axl is known for repeatedly playing well past the curfew. No matter how big a prick Axl is there is absolutely no excuse for bottling a band. Why would he stage on stage if he has to spend the night dodging glass bottles?
    Yep, no excuse for bottling a band..

.. but can we make an exception for Nickelback? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

they were glass bottles, Carlsberg ones

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

zuutroy wrote: »
    No curfew in the O2, confirmed to me by a steward.

Not much good when the o2 car park closes at 23:30, next nearest at 00:00 and the Luas finishes at 23:30.

• Advertisement

Yeah.. now that I think about it. At Blink last night, there were sellers going round with the backpacks full of bottles of Carlberg and Coke. Definitely glass bottles alright!

j10spades wrote: »
    they were glass bottles, Carlsberg ones

Yup, because Carlsberg don't do Plastic Bottles.

.... but if they did!

Thousands of people paid 70 to see him and thousands of people probably knew to expect a late performance, a small group of people threw things, is it right to assume that the other few thousand lose their night out as a consequence, no its not. Security are in place for a reason, a rpofessional would ensure the people throwing items are lifted, those being aggressive are lifted and explain this to the crowd. This is not what happened, Axl walked off stage in protest of a limited number of peoples behaviour and when he did finally return after disppointed a large number of fans who left, he played what I hear to be a bitter performance to those who stayed to see him. To be honest booing is out of order really, ok hes made late boo for a minute and get on with it but the entire crowd should not pay for the minority.

It's always the same, a small group of twats ruin it for everyone else. I can't even begin to count the number of gigs ruined by a small group of people who seem to be there more to get drunk and act the prick than anything else.

I'm fairly certain that the broken glass I was stepping over last night on my way out of the aisle were from the glass bottles sold in the O2. They were everywhere, I saw one lad step on one and nearly go tumbling down the stairs.

basquille wrote: »
    Yep, no excuse for bottling a band..

.. but can we make an exception for Nickelback? :pac:

You could make a case for it though to be fair I'd rather spatter my brains over the ceiling than be anywhere near a live Nickleback performance.

If we die and we get to see just one thing over and over for enernity........... i really hope it's that rock bashing the back of Chad Kroeger's head!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

I was there tonight and was drinking Carlsberg out of Plastic Bottles. I'm sure the Smirnoff Ice was plastic bottles too... They wouldn't sell glass bottles at a concert. They wouldn't even let people in with studded belts or chains on their wallets.

It was a very strange gig. The wait at the start was absolutely ridiculous, as was storming off stage. I get the impression he didn't want to be there at all. He was like a sulking child when he came back out.

They still rocked though. November Rain in particular

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

47279_438537127704_582697704_5126882_2888861_n.jpg

That could easily be a video of him tonight!

47279_438537127704_582697704_5126882_2888861_n.jpg

Why was Tom Petty at a GnR show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

that was him tonight

Advertisement