Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

zuutroy wrote: »
    I have to say the level of drunkenness was quite something.

I have to agree, I normally never notice things like that but there was an air of menace around the arena, definitely alcohol related, but the band's carry on poured fuel on an already angry crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

bohsboy wrote: »
    I have to agree, I normally never notice things like that but there was an air of menace around the arena, definitely alcohol related, but the band's carry on poured fuel on an already angry crowd.

id say there was as many drunk people at Pearl Jam, they didnt start chucking pints at EV tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 axl6666

I'd agree with that actually. I thought the atmosphere was quite good up until about ten past ten (after the mexican waves). After that the booing started.

That's why I think:
    He shouldn't have shown up late
    Alcohol should have not been allowed to be carried onto the floor.
    There should have been much better communication about what was happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

Reading the first few posts is really fun..

Axl Being a bitch and having a tantrum is the LAST thing anybody expected.

Think Slash was very smart leaving that band.
    Hope Velvet play here again. and SOON!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Mrwolf wrote: »
    I was at the gig last night and thought it was a magic show Axel kept disapearing and reapearing ,yeah the music was great during the rare occasions they where actualy playing but axel was a complete a##+•|* no respect for fans no sorry for being so late and no thanks at the end of the show, the audiance where just left standing there he just finished the last song and then ran off to cry himself to sleep

Why do you require an artist to respect, apologise, thank you and say goodbye. He is there to play music that is all. Do you expect a striker to come over and apologise for not scoring after a game? If you don't like the performance, don't watch them again or buy their records.

• Advertisement

id say there was as many drunk people at Pearl Jam, they didnt start chucking pints at EV tho

He isnt a megalomaniac primmadonna either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

It's because axl has a reputation that last night happened. People acted like "he's not going to do this to us- we're Irish. Ole ole ole ole....f**k you axl...boooooo" **throws bottle**

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Brendog wrote: »
    Reading the first few posts is really fun..

Axl Being a bitch and having a tantrum is the LAST thing anybody expected.

Think Slash was very smart leaving that band.
    Hope Velvet play here again. and SOON!!

Oh god :o

I stayed, anybody who had any common sense and are a real fan and follow the band, knew they would be back out.
    Its the Axl Rose show, and I found it very entertaining, not musically but for the drama and hysteria of it all! haha

Also, to the muppet who called the rest of the band chimps, go **** yourself, they are all far from chimps, DJ ashba("slash clone" as some head the ball "fans" said) is a excellent guitarist and IMO far better than the overhyped slash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

kona wrote: »
    Oh god :o

I stayed, anybody who had any common sense and are a real fan and follow the band, knew they would be back out.
    Its the Axl Rose show, and I found it very entertaining, not musically but for the drama and hysteria of it all! haha

I dont agree, when the lights came on and employees and even a couple of Gardai told me it was over I presumed I should make my way to the exit.
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mrwolf

FrostyJack wrote: »
    Why do you require an artist to respect, apologise, thank you and say goodbye. He is there to play music that is all. Do you expect a striker to come over and apologise for not scoring after a game? If you don't like the performance, don't watch them again or buy their records.

I don't require it at all but I think it highlights what an a##=*|^ Axel is that can't even give that tiny bit of respect to the thousands of people who showed up to see him they didn't all throw bottles some would have went to alot of effort to go see him ,there where kids there standing around from 1830 till 00:45 a sorry might have been nice hear : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

axl is so rock n roll

DJ ashba("slash clone" as some head the ball "fans" said) is a excellent guitarist and IMO far better than the overhyped slash.

LOL you're funny

bohsboy wrote: »
    I dont agree, when the lights came on and employees and even a couple of Gardai told me it was over I presumed I should make my way to the exit.
    :confused:

Thats when I took my chance and got up to the barrier. What would the garda know? What would security know? The only people who knew was axl, and the promoter, and axls not gunna cum alll the way here to **** away a payday. Especially considering since CD was **** and didnt sell too good.

To me it was like "fans" leaving a football match when their team are 30 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ste7en

NickDrake wrote: »
    I am expecting you to get a ban for calling me that.

I would easily throw stuff at the Coronas, Rhianna, XFactor or other rubbish like that. I wouldnt throw stuff at their person but on stage and at the equipment.

Wow. Just wow.

LOL you're funny

Oh yea slashs snakepit was real big:rolleyes:

IMO :
    DJ Ashba > Slash

sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

conanm wrote: »
    axl is so rock n roll

"And rock n roll is soo passe"

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ste7en

IMO :
    DJ Ashba > Slash

sorry.

Awww dude I kinda liked Slash's Snakepit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Anyone attempted to get a refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

FrostyJack wrote: »

To carry on your football analogy, if a striker doesn't turn up for the starting whistle he doesn't play, simple as. The match doesn't wait for him because, you know, there are a whole selw of other things to consider.
    Yet a prima donna as*hole gets to hold the entire show up and then not have the decency to apologize to people who keep him in the lifestyle he's accustomed to.
    If the organisers and/or his management had any balls they'd put this simple detail down in balck and white, something along the lines of "The artist(s) will begin their set between such and such a time and end at such at time as has been agreed upon previously,. <Insert typical legal jargon here that might cover whatever other BS needs to be discussed> but at least it avoids sh*t like what happened last night.

Mr. Rose has got his last penny out of me too as a result. A few more people start doing this he might wake up to what he pissed away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

axls not gunna cum alll the way here

:D Nah, he just vocally ejaculated.

• Advertisement

Axl's reputation preceedes him, that's why he gets all this abuse.

IMO :
    DJ Ashba > Slash

sorry.

What has big got to do with anything?

It's 1 thing to be a technically marvellous guitarist, it's another thing to be technically marvellous and WRITE amazing music.

Now, what has DJ Asha Boutique written?

phil1nj wrote: »
    To carry on your football analogy, if a striker doesn't turn up for the starting whistle he doesn't play, simple as. The match doesn't wait for him because, you know, there are a whole selw of other things to consider.
    Yet a prima donna as*hole gets to hold the entire show up and then not have the decency to apologize to people who keep him in the lifestyle he's accustomed to.
    If the organisers and/or his management had any balls they'd put this simple detail down in balck and white, something along the lines of "The artist(s) will begin their set between such and such a time and end at such at time as has been agreed upon previously,. <Insert typical legal jargon here that might cover whatever other BS needs to be discussed> but at least it avoids sh*t like what happened last night.

Mr. Rose has got his last penny out of me too as a result. A few more people start doing this he might wake up to what he pissed away.

I doubt it. He's disappeared too far up his own a**e to care anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Despite all the issues, I still think it was an awesome show.

What has big got to do with anything?

It's 1 thing to be a technically marvellous guitarist, it's another thing to be technically marvellous and WRITE amazing music.

Now, what has DJ Asha Boutique written?

Sixx A.M

Motley Crue Saints Of Los angeles

Bulletboys.

What has slash written thats decent?

Oh big has nothing to do with it, maybe i should have said i found it abit ****. AFD is the only slash stuff i think is quality. The rest is mediocre rock n roll, it good but not amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Manic Preacher

Axl was just being his usual self. I'd like to see anyone continue to stand there having bottles thrown at them. Axl gave everyone a fair warning and some idiots just kept throwing stuff onto the stage. 100% the fault of the scumbags in the audience throwing bottles

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Axl was just being his usual self. I'd like to see anyone continue to stand there having bottles thrown at them. Axl gave everyone a fair warning and some idiots just kept throwing stuff onto the stage. 100% the fault of the scumbags in the audience throwing bottles

i suppose it was the scumbags fault that he was an hour and a half late as well!
    The man is supposed to be a rock n roll star and he is afraid of a plastic bottle, what a wuss:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

U105.8 fm interview with Irish Times' Ronan McGreevy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Sixx A.M

Motley Crue Saints Of Los angeles

Bulletboys.

What has slash written thats decent?

Oh big has nothing to do with it, maybe i should have said i found it abit ****. AFD is the only slash stuff i think is quality. The rest is mediocre rock n roll, it good but not amazing.

Coma, Locomotive, Civil War, Don't Damn Me, Slither are just a few examples of songs written since AFD thats better than anything DJ Ashba has ever done. That not even including his lead guitar parts, which would be an absurd comparison because its not even close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

dms! wrote: »
    Seriously! I expect to see stuff like that on myspace not boards!

MYSPACE, What is this 2004, Come on that's bebo talk :pac:

Advertisement