Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Would love to, but they organise bands that might never come back like KISS and RATM... Might just start going to Download or Sonisphere in future.

I wouldn't give a ****. Boycott shows by bands you like just to stick two fingers up to their shoddy organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

The guy has been doing this type of thing from the start, nobody deserves a refund, you knowingly invested in the Guns N Roses "experience" and you got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

Review of Belfast and Dublin shows now posted for anyone who wants to know a factual account of what happened. Forget the hype being created by the media.

http://ticketsthere.com/2010/09/02/guns-n%E2%80%99-roses-belfast-dublin-2010-%E2%80%93-the-good-the-bad-the-blitz-live-review/

I know alot of people are annoyed about the show but **** happens. Some pricks ruined it for everyone and they were not on stage, they were in the crowd with us.

I hope the people responsible for throwing bottles got their heads nicely kicked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The MCD press release was embellished. I mean, if Axl really began on-time at 21:45, the gig would have finished at 23:45 at least. Which is still pretty late for a concert to finish up.

So he shows up 40 minutes late. :rolleyes: I'd say they due on-stage at 21:00, but when MCD knew that wasn't going to happen, they extended Danko Jones's set by an hour. Probably the beginning of a mad dash to get Axl from the Four Seasons to the f***ing stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Review of Belfast and Dublin shows now posted for anyone who wants to know a factual account of what happened. Forget the hype being created by the media.

http://ticketsthere.com/2010/09/02/guns-n%E2%80%99-roses-belfast-dublin-2010-%E2%80%93-the-good-the-bad-the-blitz-live-review/

I know alot of people are annoyed about the show but **** happens. Some pricks ruined it for everyone and they were not on stage, they were in the crowd with us.

I hope the people responsible for throwing bottles got their heads nicely kicked in.

Factual?!
    Dublin fans become irritated when the band turned up almost 40 minutes late for their set, not bad in normal Guns N’ Roses time but more than the gathering of greatest hits fans in attendance were use

Wrong. Double that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Just been a report on RTE 9 o clock news.

MCD will not be issuing refunds, as GnR played a full set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

It has also gone totally unnoticed that Richard Fortus broke the law on three occasions, and incited others to break the law as they started smoking indoors !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

I wouldn't give a ****. Boycott shows by bands you like just to stick two fingers up to their shoddy organisation.

Thats more like it. Let them play in front of a quarter full O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,996 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Het-Field wrote: »
    It has also gone totally unnoticed that Richard Fortus broke the law on three occasions, and incited others to break the law as they started smoking indoors !

Please tell this is a piss take. Incited others to break the law ? Did he ****ing throw packs into the crowd with lighters did he ? No he didn't as I was there. People started smoking of their own accord .Bar the walk off,and regardless of the artist for people to be throwing things at the stage isn't on. when they came back the fans near the front were really into it.

Factual?!

Wrong. Double that time.

From MCD.ie

'they went on at 22.26hrs having been due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs'

From our review,

'Guns N’ Roses let some fans down last night. Some fans let Guns N’ Roses down last night. Axl and co made people wait over 40 minutes (more than an hour including set-up time) for'

Factual, read the review before you jump on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Guns and Roses are a great band but that was a disgrace last night. "Thats the way Axl is" my buttocks.

Surely they can tell the time , even how stupid they are ?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

40 minutes late? Where did that figure come from? I love the way this magic time of 21.45 that has been suddenly dreamt up AFTER the fact. If G'N'R were due to go onstage at 21.45 then I reckon most people would have made arrangements and altered plans for this start time. I for one would have, but no, alas no such information was imparted to the punters, all we had to go on was the doors opening time (6.30pm)and an (assumed) support act time of 35 to 45 minutes (which I would say is typical). That would put the start time at about 9 to say 9.15. Couple that with a previous Curfew time of 11.30 pm as witnessed at the Pearl Jame gig and all of a sudden its a totally different picture being painted.

This is starting to sound like there is some major back peddaling going on.

phil1nj wrote: »
    40 minutes late? Where did that figure come from? I love the way this magic time of 21.45 that has been suddenly dreamt up AFTER the fact. If G'N'R were due to go onstage at 21.45 then I reckon most people would have made arrangements and altered plans for this start time. I for one would have, but no, alas no such information was imparted to the punters, all we had to go on was the doors opening time (6.30pm)and an (assumed) support act time of 35 to 45 minutes (which I would say is typical). That would put the start time at about 9 to say 9.15. Couple that with a previous Curfew time of 11.30 pm as witnessed at the Pearl Jame gig and all of a sudden its a totally different picture being painted.

This is starting to sound like there is some major back peddaling going on.

From MCD.ie

'they went on at 22.26hrs having been due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Incitement to have a smoke indoors? it's illegal sure, but it's hardly murder, I thought you people were supposed to be Rock N' Roll.

Are Axl and co. getting attacked for any reason now? Attacked, by a bunch of bitter ticket-holders who didn't get sucked-up-to by the big rock stars.

You got a good story out of the experience, be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

From MCD.ie

I'd estimate they were due on nearer 21.00/21.15. This 21.45 time from MCD seems to have been dreamed up to lessen the supposed time gap between the support band and axl. If they were to have come on at 21.45 with a 23.00 curfew you're looking at an hour and 15 minute set which was never gonna happen.

Just MCD spin.

From MCD.ie

Lkie I said, its a magic time that has just suddenly appeared. No where on my ticket does it make any reference to a main act time of 21.45. Also, it was pretty obvious last night that the support band were struggling to fill their allotted time. The cynicall out there might say this was down to the fact that they were told to keep playing as they main act were no where to be found (read: Axl Rose was nowhere to be found). Its the supportact I felt sorry for as they gave it there all and now they being pegged with a set time of 1 hour (??) WTF!

From MCD.ie

From our review,

'Guns N’ Roses let some fans down last night. Some fans let Guns N’ Roses down last night. Axl and co made people wait over 40 minutes (more than an hour including set-up time) for'

Yea believeing a press release from the people trying to cover their own arses to be truthful.... How naive can you get? They were in their arse due on at 9:45!! To be finished at 11pm? a 75min set? Feck off.

Support act dragged their set on until 9.00 because Axl was already late. I could see the crew on the side of the stage. Personnel said he was still in hotel and was due at 10:30. He came at 10:30. So I guess there's some truth in that. But he was a lot later than 45 min no mater what their little press release says.

Why the heck have gates at 6:30 for a 9:45 show?! And them saying "Expect the band to be late" on their site or whatever doesn't make up for them not telling Axl to be there at 7 instead. They couldn't have had the set times posted up anywhere no? Convenient.

It's this kinda cloak and dagger ****e that makes people so irate and demand refunds.

I read the review btw, and again like most of the media and MCD it's scape goating the crowd and the people chucking stuff on stage.

lord lucan wrote: »
    I'd estimate they were due on nearer 21.00/21.15. This 21.45 time from MCD seems to have been dreamed up to lessen the supposed time gap between the support band and axl. If they were to have come on at 21.45 with a 23.00 curfew you're looking at an hour and 15 minute set which was never gonna happen.

Just MCD spin.

But sher, support only finished at 9 last night, same in Belfast. Times are correct - curfew was 12:00 last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

From MCD.ie

due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs'
    Thats not what I was told or the people in front and behind that were all asking MCD staff in the place what time GnR were to come on, we were all told 9 - 9:15pm.

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Thats not what I was told or the people in front and behind that were all asking MCD staff in the place what time GnR were to come on, we were all told 9 - 9:15pm.

Ye were told wrong, support only finished at 9, same as Belfast.

• Advertisement

But sher, support only finished at 9 last night, same in Belfast. Times are correct - curfew was 12:00 last night.

Wasn't Axl late that night as well?

Does anyone know when Danko Jones began and finished their set last night?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

In all my 10+ years of going to concert i've never seen a headline gig start later than 9:30 (and that was Cat power and she was a wreck). It's total bollocks but if people want to hide behind it let them bury their fanboi heads.

From MCD.ie

From our review,

The review I read was :

"Dublin fans become irritated when the band turned up almost 40 minutes late for their set, not bad in normal Guns N’ Roses time but more than the gathering of greatest hits fans in attendance were used to. The final 20 minutes of waiting had been filled with a mixture of booing, complaints and chants from the restless, now tired, bored and drink filled crowd. When the band finally took the stage, their opening song Chinese Democracy did little to calm the audience down. Even the opening chords to their second song, Welcome To The Jungle were meet with an even mixture of boos and cheers. After two objects were directly thrown at Axl, the show was stopped for Axl’s warning before the band kicked into WTTJ again"

Again this magical figure of 40 minutes! It was a lot longer than 40 minutes and I love the way the it's implied that the crowd got bored, pissed up and restless in just 40 minutes. Give us some credit. Some of us managed to stay sober during the concert, some of us are used to bands being late, some of us , even if tired can handle stuff like this. But when someone is obviously taking the piss and teh crowd DO GET filled up on drink in the meantime, **** happens. No amount of spin can change that fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Hold on a sec, if MCD staff are telling me and everyone else that asked what time, I take the answer I get from them to be true, afterall they are the people organising and running the show so they should know.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

support finished at 9.15pm

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Total bollocks and i know for a fact you are making up that figure.

lordgoat wrote: »
    In all my 10+ years of going to concert i've never seen a headline gig start later than 9:30 (and that was Cat power and she was a wreck). It's total bollocks but if people want to hide behind it let them bury their fanboi heads.

One exception was Def Leppard in The O2 last year, they started at 21:45. But that gig had two support acts and a co-headliner. Plus Def Leppard played for 75 minutes; GN'R usually play 2-3 hour sets.

MCD and The O2 definitely would have wanted them on earlier than 21:45.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

lordgoat wrote: »
    Total bollocks and i know for a fact you are making up that figure.

Given that the first post by Tickets There basically told most of the people who were there last night to "go f*ck themselves" i'm inclined not to listen to anything from them.

http://ticketsthere.com/2010/09/02/guns-n%E2%80%99-roses-%E2%80%93-dublin-september-1st-2010-message-from-tickets-there/

Ticketsthere, you have all this info (that seems to have bypassed us all) how? And we're to take your word because ....?

• Advertisement

Wasn't Axl late that night as well?

Does anyone know when Danko Jones began and finished their set last night?

He was about 20 mins late in Belfast but no-one up there cared, everyone had a great time at that show. Guns were incredible. Pity the same couldn't happen in Dublin, ye would have been blown away.

Advertisement