Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ticketsthere, you have all this info (that seems to have bypassed us all) how? And we're to take your word because ....?

fanbois never lie. don't you know! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

Can someone please square the circle for me:

If MCD are saying that G'N'R deliverd a full set list as per their contract, then I'm assuming that somewhere along the line MCD stipulated a minimum amount of time they must play for to fulfill that obligation. Since the O2 is not an all night venue, then surely a start time and end time must have been mentioned somewhere along the line. What's to stop other artists pulling a strop and playing for a few minutes whenever the hell they feel like it in future? Things get even more confusing when a curfew is thrown in to the equation, surely.
    Just does not add up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

phil1nj wrote: »
    Can someone please square the circle for me:

If MCD are saying that G'N'R deliverd a full set list as per their contract, then I'm assuming that somewhere along the line MCD stipulated a minimum amount of time they must play for to fulfill that obligation. Since the O2 is not an all night venue, then surely a start time and end time must have been mentioned somewhere along the line. What's to stop other artists pulling a strop and playing for a few minutes whenever the hell they feel like it in future? Things get even more confusing when a curfew is thrown in to the equation, surely.
    Just does not add up.

I spoke to the head security guys beside the stage and they said the curfew was 12 last night so that's when Guns should have been finished. Start time was 21:45 according to MCD.ie which would tie in with the usual length of a Guns set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

He was about 20 mins late in Belfast but no-one up there cared, everyone had a great time at that show. Guns were incredible. Pity the same couldn't happen in Dublin, ye would have been blown away.
    There's a big difference between 20 minutes late and near 90 minutes late, people were well annoyed and it was understandable as to why they were. The fans are not to blame for the nights outcome.

Ticketsthere, you have all this info (that seems to have bypassed us all) how? And we're to take your word because ....?

I cant say for sure anything about stage times other than what MCD says. They say 21:45, I believe them. Ties up with the time Guns have been playing for recently.

I stand by the earlier post, but I've kept the majority of the review pretty neutral.

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »
    fanbois never lie. don't you know! ;)

Happily admit to being a huge fan of the group, always have been. Pity there weren't a few more there last night, might have had a good show without the trouble makers.

I get my info from official sources and what I saw myself. Best I can do I'm afraid.

I spoke to the head security guys beside the stage and they said the curfew was 12 last night so that's when Guns should have been finished. Start time was 21:45 according to MCD.ie which would tie in with the usual length of a Guns set.

Curfew was 12 o'clock? It was mentioend on the last word today that the O2's car park shuts at 23.45 which kind of takes the piss out of teh punters again. This Midnight curfew figure is starting to sound like utter bollox. Someone asked the question earlier if he didn't walk off , what exactly would have happened at 11pm if they were still playing. Guess we'll never know.

hellboy99 wrote: »
    There's a big difference between 20 minutes late and near 90 minutes late, people were well annoyed and it was understandable as to why they were. The fans are not to blame for the nights outcome.

he wasn't 90 mins late, he was 40 minutes late. Any changeover from support to main act takes 30/40 minutes. Axl too another 40 mins on top of that.

That's 80, but half the time was changing the stage set-up. Fair enough people are pissed but at least use the facts to bad mouth them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I get my info from official sources and what I saw myself. Best I can do I'm afraid.
    what sources do you use, out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

12am was likely the "adjusted" curfew after Axl was nowhere to be found.

• Advertisement

Curfew was 12 o'clock? It was mentioend on the last word today that the O2's car park shuts at 23.45 which kind of takes the piss out of teh punters again. This Midnight curfew figure is starting to sound like utter bollox. Someone asked the question earlier if he didn't walk off , what exactly would have happened at 11pm if they were still playing. Guess we'll never know.

Well, I told ye my sources, can't swear by it ad that's why it's not mentioned in the review. But the O2 Carpark just had to stay open I suppose. Was it still open at 01:00am?

12am was likely the "adjusted" curfew after Axl was nowhere to be found.

Very possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭fluke

lord lucan wrote: »
    Given that the first post by Tickets There basically told most of the people who were there last night to "go f*ck themselves" i'm inclined not to listen to anything from them.

http://ticketsthere.com/2010/09/02/guns-n%E2%80%99-roses-%E2%80%93-dublin-september-1st-2010-message-from-tickets-there/

Actually I think you'll find (in the first 4 lines) that Tickets There told all the fans in Dublin to go f*ck themselves!

Real nice

Nerin wrote: »

Depends what you're taking about? You check what I wrote and tell me which ones you want confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Happily admit to being a huge fan of the group, always have been. Pity there weren't a few more there last night, might have had a good show without the trouble makers.

Right... The troublemakers were CAUSED BY THE SITUATION! A situation caused by Axl and how MCD/ O2 handled it! Can you not see this??! It's not like a bunch of non G n R fans said "let's spend 70e each to throw a plastic bottle and boo!" for the craic. Feck, I was so excited about it and so let down and pissed off then that I was booing like a scumbag but he deserved it. The bigger the fan, the more insulted and the more anger I reckon.

fluke wrote: »
    Actually I think you'll find (in the first 4 lines) that he told all the fans in Dublin to go f*ck themselves!

Real nice

As I just said, I stand by that statement. I was pretty pissed off last night and I said nothing worse about the people that I'm angry at than people have been saying all day about Guns.

The review is more neutral but still written from my point of view.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No you don't get your info form official sources or else they are lieing to you. The curfew for last nights gig was not 12. And i have this from someone that actually works pretty high up in the o2. Curfew was the same as normal 11, but it was expected to be broken. You're full of sh-it.

Most bands actually respect their fans show up on time and do a good job. Pearl Jam went to 11:10/11:15 recently and then had to stop and they wanted to play longer.

Last night Axl Rose after his little temper tantrum came back out and sang his songs simply to get out of being sued. How that is rock n roll. You know i'd have a bit more respect for him if he actually said you know what "**** that i don't have to take people throwing shi-t at me" and fu-ckign off but no he went oh sh-it i'll have to pay all the money back so i'll just come on a sulk like a little girl with a skinned knee.

Rock N Roll my hole.

A random Garda at the o2, Xpose, FM 104 & the MCD website :D

Right... The troublemakers were CAUSED BY THE SITUATION! A situation caused by Axl and how MCD/ O2 handled it! Can you not see this??! It's not like a bunch of non G n R fans said "let's spend 70e each to throw a plastic bottle and boo!" for the craic. Feck, I was so excited about it and so let down and pissed off then that I was booing like a scumbag but he deserved it. The bigger the fan, the more insulted and the more anger I reckon.

I don't blame you for booing, that didn't drive the band off stage. I didnt boo because I know when guns are allowed arrive in their own time they'll rock the place but I can...no, I refuse to understand it. If people were there, they should have been patient. But I'm more pissed at the pricks throwing things - ruined my night.

Well, I told ye my sources, can't swear by it ad that's why it's not mentioned in the review. But the O2 Carpark just had to stay open I suppose. Was it still open at 01:00am?

Don't know. I left at 11.15pm on the LUAS (which would not have been running at 0.50, so no chance of me collecting my car from the Red Cow car park had I stayed either) after the house lights came on and there was no band on the stage. The security guy I was talking to advised that we (me and my family) leave as the concert was now over. Probably the same guy that fed you the curfew bollix and it all now looks like no one there last night was clued in to what the plan was at that stage. A shambles of an event.

• Advertisement

A random Garda at the o2, Xpose, FM 104 & the MCD website :D

Not a guard, security heads. Guys in suit jackets and white shorts all gathered around after Guns left the stage watching the crowd.

Xpose, FM 104 - never heard of Xpose and didn't check FM104

• Registered Users Posts: 27,332 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

As I just said, I stand by that statement. I was pretty pissed off last night and I said nothing worse about the people that I'm angry at than people have been saying all day about Guns

No-one is going to pay €72 to €85 for a gig if they're not a fan of the band. But being a fan doesn't mean you're blind to their glaring flaws and dick-baggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

he wasn't 90 mins late, he was 40 minutes late. Any changeover from support to main act takes 30/40 minutes. Axl too another 40 mins on top of that.

But you miss the fact that Danko Jones's set was extended by an hour.

Why? Because Axl was more than 40 minutes late!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Depends what you're taking about? You check what I wrote and tell me which ones you want confirmed.

well you just said there in your post that you use official sources, i was wondering who? pretty straight forward.

I won't be checking back on your site, read it earlier when someone posted it on twitter and found your review a little rough tbh. Especially telling each and every fan to **** themselves, even though it wasn't every fan throwing **** and acting like fools.

Don't know. I left at 11.15pm on the LUAS (which would not have been running at 0.50, so no chance of me collecting my car from the Red Cow car park had I stayed either) after the house lights came on and there was no band on the stage. The security guy I was talking to advised that we (me and my family) leave as the concert was now over. Probably the same guy that fed you the curfew bollix and it all now looks like no one there last night was clued in to what the plan was at that stage. A shambles of an event.

Honestly, they announced as people were leaving around 01:00 that all Luas services were finished so you made the right move if you were parked out there. Band wasn't the same when they returned anyway.

As I just said, I stand by that statement. I was pretty pissed off last night and I said nothing worse about the people that I'm angry at than people have been saying all day about Guns.

The review is more neutral but still written from my point of view.

That's pretty funny you should say that because I, and I know I'm not alone was shouting that very same line at him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

That's 80, but half the time was changing the stage set-up. Fair enough people are pissed but at least use the facts to bad mouth them.
    For the record I am stating a fact, as I said before here in a previous post:
    Thats not what I was told or the people in front and behind that were all asking MCD staff in the place what time GnR were to come on, we were all told 9 - 9:15pm.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=67809887&postcount=1003

If MCD staff are telling me and everyone else that asked what time they were to come on, I take the answer I get from them to be true, afterall they are the people organising and running the show so they should know.

well you just said there in your post that you use official sources, i was wondering who? pretty straight forward.

I won't be checking back on your site, read it earlier when someone posted it on twitter and found your review a little rough tbh. Especially telling each and every fan to **** themselves, even though it wasn't every fan throwing **** and acting like fools.

That wasn't a review, that was a message from Tickets There - said it all in the title and I even pointed out that I was making the comment before 'rushing into a review'

Don't blame you for not going back though, that message wasn't posted to make friends.

Official sources included the Security guys and MCD. Nothing else of a factual background has been released yet and that's as close as you're going to get. Also comparing times to Belfast gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I really doubt that. That sounds like a re-written version of North Korean history.

Or maybe it is a case of Chinese Democracy....

• Advertisement

That's pretty funny you should say that because I, and I know I'm not alone was shouting that very same line at him.

Which one?

Advertisement