Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

curadh wrote: »
    Well to all the Axl haters FUUUUCK YOU.

Charming.
    I was still proudly blasting my GnR all day today.

As was I, had to listen to Appetite For Destruction today, seen as Mr Appetite For Disaster ruined it for me.
    .. at one stage he was singing away, to the right there was a guy trying to get the bouncers to throw a guy out for fighting.

Axl starting out playing gigs The Ritz, so I'm sure he can play on while there is the odd guy in the crowd starting fights.
    .. I say fair balls to Axl to still have the heart to get up there.....

:p

Yeah, he's so brave.
    .. but horrible to see how he's had to succumb to the corporate monster of money and legalities by being forced to come back on stage and go through the motions. 20 years ago he'd be gone baby gone.

Ahhh, poor multi-millionaire been forced to play a gig he is contracted to.

They wouldn't even let him go home without doing his set.

Your right, maybe you should contact Amnesty International on his behalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭curadh

Outlaw pete I think you know what my post says, no need to pick one sentence here and there to poke fun at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Sorry, I'm a bit late with the news, but you are aware Guns N Roses ceased to exist around 1997 or so? Some would say even earlier. Don't go telling me to get over it. This is a fact. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

The look on his face and the body language here says it all:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

at one stage he was singing away, to the right there was a guy trying to get the bouncers to throw a guy out for fighting, to the left there were knackers from drogheda or navan direction feeling a foreign guys girlfriend then starting on him telling him to **** off out of the country
    You must share this amazing sense that you have where you immediately know where the location of the "knackers" originated..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Raoul and the Kings of Spain

OutlawPete wrote: »

I don't understand why he must treat the remaining fans with such contempt after they paid good money for seeing this show. As you can see, the "new" (not so new anymore really) band was playing a scorcher here, while Axl pouted like a little baby. I love this band, always have, but this tour has been a disaster. The problem now though, is that his crew seem advocate his behavior where the old band would not.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

"Consumers can make a case to MCD in writing, in relation to a refund.

"They will also be able to take a case to the small claims court under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act if they believe the terms of the contract with MCD was not fulfilled."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/guns-n-roses-came-back-to-play-full-set-mcd-2322930.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

OutlawPete wrote: »

interesting, thats my video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyZLIQ-WO1A

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I don't understand why he must treat the remaining fans with such contempt after they paid good money for seeing this show. As you can see, the "new" (not so new anymore really) band was playing a scorcher here, while Axl pouted like a little baby. I love this band, always have, but this tour has been a disaster. The problem now though, is that his crew seem advocate his behavior where the old band would not.

The original band put up with his sh*t for years before they left. They were usually too stoned to know I'd imagine. Also notice a lot of people earlier in this thread going on about Axl leaving the stage a lot - He takes oxygen regularly to keep his voice working - has done since the early days.
    Much as I love the music, I'm glad I didn't go to that fiasco. He just has too much history of being late/no-shows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

MemEmee wrote: »
    "Consumers can make a case to MCD in writing, in relation to a refund.

"They will also be able to take a case to the small claims court under the Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act if they believe the terms of the contract with MCD was not fulfilled."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/guns-n-roses-came-back-to-play-full-set-mcd-2322930.html

'consumers can decide if they want to buy any other tickets from this source, it is a free country after all...'

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

moonpurple wrote: »
    'consumers can decide if they want to buy any other tickets from this source, it is a free country after all...'
    It's kind of a monopoly to be fair..

.. who else do we buy off if a band we want to see live comes here?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

Do you know what's annoying me about this: so many reports, including international (see Rolling Stone) are talking about Axl being bottled off the stage. Very few reports mention the fact that said bottles were plastic. There's a big difference between a barrage of glass bottles and a couple of plastic containers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Lemmy Scott

there was no one talking abt the gig beforehand they sure are now:D
    theres no such think as bad PR for artists -interest in gnr in irelands gone way up -was it a masterstroke from axl :p
    theyll never play ireland again thats for sure.
    i was there and enjoyed it see ya in manchester axl :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

basquille wrote: »

*Awaits "BoardsTickets" to become a reality*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Axl has nothing on Daphne and Celeste...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'd forgotten how cringe that video is.... ugghh. Got to love the BOLLOCKS sign in the crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

lordgoat wrote: »
    I'd forgotten how cringe that video is.... ugghh. Got to love the BOLLOCKS sign in the crowd.

In fairness to them they stuck to the job. Trap would love a pair in midfield like that!

The booking agent should have been shot with balls of his own ****e for putting those on at a festival like that. They were aimed at the tweenie market for christsakes!!

It would be like having Aqua open for Metallica.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

moonpurple wrote: »
    basquille wrote: »

humanji wrote: »
    *Awaits "BoardsTickets" to become a reality*

The issue here isn't who we buy off... you are buying these tickets off ticketmaster... weither is an Aikens gig or an MCD gig... or whoever else... basically both promotion companies are affectively working as "booking agents" when it comes to gigs.

You can see this a bit more effectively when you view their websites. They have "Rosters" of acts that are contracted to use them to book gigs within ROI.

So if you want to see any of these acts it's only going to be through an event booked by MCD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Has anybody received a reply from MCD yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

RonMexico wrote: »

Not a dickie bird yet. I sent two emails yesterday, the second one was a bit more structured after reading some of the posts on boards.

I also called them and asked to speak to someone in their complaints department. I was told that MCD do not have a complaints department and that the webform email was the only way to contact them directly if I wanted to make a complaint. The woman I spoke with told me that every email received would be answered but it might take some time "as they were a little busy at the moment". Understatement of the month.

The strange thing is I managed to locate a telephone number for them fairly easily, something Ticketmaster said that they didn't have despite selling tickets in the hundreds of thousands for the concerts that MCD promote. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

Waste of time. Not a hope of a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

You need to go down to the small claims court.

MCD will respond to all emails with a stock, you fcuk yourself response.

That is unbelievable. Some people have suggested getting on to your credit card company about it. Does anyone know if that is actually a feasable route?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

That is unbelievable. Some people have suggested getting on to your credit card company about it. Does anyone know if that is actually a feasable route?

Probably not, the small claims court route seems like the best/only option. In this article a guy from the Consumers Association of Ireland said:

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/no-refunds-for-angry-rock-fans-2322930.html

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

JJ wrote: »
    Probably not, the small claims court route seems like the best/only option. In this article a guy from the Consumers Association of Ireland said:

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/no-refunds-for-angry-rock-fans-2322930.html

Just out of interest, is anyone planning to go down this route? I know it costs 15Euro to file a small claim with the courts. The only thing that might get traction on this is if significant amounts of hard-done by concert goers ,who feel they have a genuine grievance, put in claims. I purchased 4 tickets for the concert which I didn't seeing due to piss-poor organistaion etc, so we're talking about over 300Euro here which is no small amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

mehfesto wrote: »

Axl has nothing on Daphne and Celeste...

Much prefer the 50 Cent one myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

I'm curious how many concert goers generally depend on public transportation and what time does that end?
    G
    Last dart and bus is 11.30 so i had to leave at 11.. Got straight on luas and was waiting and waiting for it to leave, had to say it to the stewards who were trying to fill the luas up that i had to catch the dart and they let it move off then.... Its a joke of a situation, if i hadnt of caught the dart i was stuck in town without the money for a taxi home.... Why gigs are alowwed go on past the end of public transport is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 38,440 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I blame the o2 for people leaving the show after 11.05pm because they turned the house lights on thus making it seem obivous the show was over and me and my mates left. (why wasant there an annocement made saying the show is not over).

I could of cryed when i heard they came back on a few mins later becasue i was in smithfield at that point.

I paid E314 for tickets, E14 bus up and down from Waterford.

It was a dream of mine to see GNR but it was wrecked by some ****ing bottle throwing scumbags who probly dont even know a GNR song.

I dont even know to be angry at myself for leaving or the o2/Mcd for turning on the house lights.

• Advertisement

For any of you that don't know, there is a discussion on the gig over at Mygnrforum where Axl and other members of the band post. There is a good chance that they will read comments left over there.

Here is a link to the thread.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=165056

Advertisement