Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

I just left mcd feedback on their website, i said if its unaceptable for an act to get unkown substances thrown at them then a paying customer shouldnt have to either as i was soacked from people throwing drinks at them( none actually reached the stage as they were to far back ).. has anyone got their actual email address???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

RonMexico wrote: »
    For any of you that don't know, there is a discussion on the gig over at Mygnrforum where Axl and other members of the band post. There is a good chance that they will read comments left over there.

Here is a link to the thread.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=165056

I was just over there, some muppet calling Irish people drunks :mad:

I think it was yourself that reported his post.

I'll post something as soon as my reg is approved ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Just a word of advice, mygnrforum operates much the same as Boards, so don't do anything there that you wouldn't do here. The mods will treat you the same. Your opiinion of the show would be appreciated though.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I was just over there, some muppet calling Irish people drunks :mad:

Lots of people posting anti-Irish comments on YouTube also, mainly English people calling us inbred alcoholics because a few bottles were thrown at Axl Rose..........but after being to the Reading Festival before and seeing the clips above it just goes to show who hypocritical and small minded these people are so don't waste your time in responding to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

For any of you that don't know, there is a discussion on the gig over at Mygnrforum where Axl and other members of the band post. There is a good chance that they will read comments left over there.

Here is a link to the thread.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=165056

Best to avoid the htgth.com thread....the moderators don't tolerate anything remotely anti-Axl or even links to articles which show him in a bad light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

too many axl lovers on here..

listen part 1 of this is...he was WRONG for going on so late. he was contracted to go on at a certain time and he didnt bother,....

now that doesnt give anyone the right to throw something at him, but all he has to say is 'sorry lads lets get rockin' and there is no bottle throwing..

he gave every single person in there the finger and counted his millions...

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭mrbungle

Axl lost all credibility when he started wearing hot pants/making videos with dolphins/getting hair implant back in the early 90s.

Can you picture James Hetfield/Zach de la Rocha/Angus Young in a pair of red hot pants ?

Seriously...

Best things about Slane '92
    Faith No More
    My Little Funhouse
    Flattened pirouetting coke cups, (how pretty 10,000 of them in the air at once)
    The sunset
    GNR after waiting for 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Best to avoid the htgth.com thread....the moderators don't tolerate anything remotely anti-Axl or even links to articles which show him in a bad light.

Jarmo will have you killed!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Just one thing about the stage times. The email I got from Tktmaster a few days before the event listed the door opening times with no stage times for support or GNR. I think this is the first mail I have gotten from them which does not state the times of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

rednik wrote: »
    Just one thing about the stage times. The email I got from Tktmaster a few days before the event listed the door opening times with no stage times for support or GNR. I think this is the first mail I have gotten from them which does not state the times of the show.

MCD were not going to post stage times in advance for Guns N' Roses!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Oh it gets better.

Here is what Dizzy Reed had to say about the gig
    Everybody who is unhappy should **** off.

The ****ing nerve of him.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Oh it gets better.

What a ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wow, I just checked that site out. It's like a cult. Axl could be behind the holocaust and they'd defend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

source?

zuutroy wrote: »
    source?

You'd be better off avoiding it, believe me. Jarmo is a Nazi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

Oh it gets better.

Well I will f**k off and buy nothing belonging or go to anything involving axl again, hope that makes him happy

So they've resorted to slinging insults on TW@TTER!!! How ****ing big of them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Just got an email from ticketb****** asking me to "share your thoughts and post a review " .........the cheeky swines!!!!!

Gridlock wrote: »
    Just got an email from ticketb****** asking me to "share your thoughts and post a review " .........the cheeky swines!!!!!

Tell them the f**king truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

Shortly: I enjoyed the gig: Axl still has the Voice. This will be one of those gigs which will be remembered decades!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 corky2004

Guns n Roses
    More like g*mps n rats

Bunch of grown men acting like spoilt teenage girls

finhex wrote: »
    Shortly: I enjoyed the gig: Axl still has the Voice. This will be one of those gigs which will be remembered decades!

Only when he stands still.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Gridlock wrote: »
    Haha thats hilarious..this is one automated message they'll wish they never sent out...

On the Dizzy Twitter thing he is the only one yet to escape the grip of the axhole so kinda have to feel sorry for the guy...Must be like a life sentence at this stage..:p

Sorry if its been posted already but remember a load of people writing to MCD before complaining about a gig..(think it was Oasis at Slane) ..and they sent out free tickets for FatBoySlim at Marlay Park (a gig they couldnt sell)on the quiet.. and everyone just accepted it..Ye deserve your €€€s back so go for It..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Tell them the f**king truth.

....Oh they'll get it alright!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

My two year old niece mistakingly calls him "Ars€hole Rose". Freudian slip if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

Ally Dick wrote: »
    My two year old niece mistakingly calls him "Ars€hole Rose". Freudian slip if you ask me

You should teach your daughter not to swear, not good for a two year old :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Haha thats hilarious..this is one automated message they'll wish they never sent out...

On the Dizzy Twitter thing he is the only one yet to escape the grip of the axhole so kinda have to feel sorry for the guy...Must be like a life sentence at this stage..:p

Sorry if its been posted already but remember a load of people writing to MCD before complaining about a gig..(think it was Oasis at Slane) ..and they sent out free tickets for FatBoySlim at Marlay Park (a gig they couldnt sell)on the quiet.. and everyone just accepted it..Ye deserve your €€€s back so go for It..

What was the issue with Oasis at Slane?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

curadh wrote: »
    Well to all the Axl haters FUUUUCK YOU. I was still proudly blasting my GnR all day today. Fact is the majority of the crowd did not want to see the new band, only showed up to watch Axl as if he was a new circus attraction. Add to that the scum drunk off their face starting fights and generally causing crap...was disappointed to still hear the wheres slash shouts thought we had got over that by now, an example of the crowd poor Axl had to stoop to to perform last night - at one stage he was singing away, to the right there was a guy trying to get the bouncers to throw a guy out for fighting, to the left there were knackers from drogheda or navan direction feeling a foreign guys girlfriend then starting on him telling him to **** off out of the country, all in between chants of **** you axl and booing, and to top it off was some dickhead behind me shouting over and over 'we want axl', all while axl was actually performing.
    Problem being its Guns n Roses - "the most dangerous band in the world", what made Axl so famous, is now kicking him up the hole.
    Oh well, will have to travel abroad now whenever I want to see the new lineup play again.
    I say fair balls to Axl to still have the heart to get up there.....but horrible to see how he's had to succumb to the corporate monster of money and legalities by being forced to come back on stage and go through the motions. 20 years ago he'd be gone baby gone.

You shouldve went to Reading/Leeds to see them...Oh, wait...Axl was a complete dick there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,438 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder will the orignal line up come back to Ireland when they reunite in 2013 (the year when they are eligble for the rock n roll hall of fame).

They will reunite one day i believe that but still i would go back and see guns n roses again if they play Dublin again but Axl never forgets stuff and will not play Dublin again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

You shouldve went to Reading/Leeds to see them...Oh, wait...Axl was a complete dick there as well.

Thought Leeds went quite well? That's what pretty much every person there said anyways. Reading was the one with problems, at least give the band credit when things do go right.

Advertisement