Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I wonder will the orignal line up come back to Ireland when they reunite in 2013 (the year when they are eligble for the rock n roll hall of fame).

They will reunite one day i believe that but still i would go back and see guns n roses again if they play Dublin again but Axl never forgets stuff and will not play Dublin again.

He might, depends on how he views things once he's calmed down. They've gone back to other cities where there was problems before....may take 18 years but it might happen :)

johnn wrote: »
    What was the issue with Oasis at Slane?

Think it was mostly traffic issues, same as AC/DC the following week. Took hours to get out/home..etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Thought Leeds went quite well? That's what pretty much every person there said anyways. Reading was the one with problems, at least give the band credit when things do go right.

They were late for Leeds. Only played 30 minutes of a booked 60 minute set. I wouldnt be pleased with that if I paid good money to see them, or any other band.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

johnn wrote: »
    What was the issue with Oasis at Slane?
    1 to 4+ hour wait for the buses.

They were late for Leeds. Only played 30 minutes of a booked 60 minute set. I wouldnt be pleased with that if I paid good money to see them, or any other band.

How did they manage to play 21 songs in 30 minutes?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2010/leeds-festival-leeds-england-13d5f925.html

Super Guns N' Roses :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

How did they manage to play 21 songs in 30 minutes?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/2010/leeds-festival-leeds-england-13d5f925.html

Super Guns N' Roses :D

(After some frantic Googling), I admit I stand corrected.

They were 30 minutes late though :P

Yep, bout the same as Belfast. An hour seems to push things because Leeds and Belfast didn't mind the 20 mins. Hell, Dublin didn't get rowdy until the 40/50 mark :(

It's a real shame all this has happened. I know I defend the band but it could have been resolved quickly. All they've done is blacken their name in Ireland for the foreseeable future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Yep, bout the same as Belfast. An hour seems to push things because Leeds and Belfast didn't mind the 20 mins. Hell, Dublin didn't get rowdy until the 40/50 mark :(

People were waiting longer than 40 minutes TT.

People were waiting longer than 40 minutes TT.

Yeah, I was saying people only started to get rowdy around the 40/50 minute mark. Wait went on longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

1.9.10 - I found out for myself.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

Yeah, I was saying people only started to get rowdy around the 40/50 minute mark. Wait went on longer.
    Showtime was 21:45 and GNR started 22:25...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

He also went berserk on-stage exclaiming that they wanted to play more but "some asshole backstage says we cant", yadda yadda yadda, then his final words of the night were "f*ck the promoter", before throwing the mike away and storming off.

Personally i thought it was great, the axl rose experience basically.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

finhex wrote: »

This is incorrect but keep the head firmly buried if you want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Tiny Explosions

They were meant to start at 21:00 like every other headlining band that ever played The Point....but axl didn't leave his hotel room till 22:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,438 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I bet you anything he will come out on time and play a brillent show tonight in Rome and probly say something like. 'Youre not like those Irish Assholes'.

Personally i hope this tour fails and he sees the light and goes back to the old axl who was about the music not the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I bet you anything he will come out on time and play a brillent show tonight in Rome and probly say something like. 'Youre not like those Irish Assholes'.

If he doesn't turn up on time, I can see them doing the same as it will be on everyone's mind.

I would love to hear his reason for arriving on stage at 10.30pm.

What reason could there be but just spoiled brat syndrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭stooodent

OutlawPete wrote: »
    If he doesn't turn up on time, I can see them doing the same as it will be on everyone's mind.

I would love to hear his reason for arriving on stage at 10.30pm.

What reason could there be but just spoiled brat syndrome.

Axel been doing this **** for years he shows no respect to his fan and then he expects god-like respect washed up old bollocks you think he would grow some sense at his age :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

you say this like it's some kind of defence. Fact is even if showtime was 21.45, the band didn't show up anything like on time.

As for those talking about "this is Axl, got a great rocknroll show", sorry, didn't. I spent three hours in the O2 waiting for them to show up. That's 3 hours I could have been doing something more productive than sitting in the O2 wondering how it was you could pay 70E to be treated like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i saw people with gnr t-shirts boarding the point luas at 5pm :eek:

i can't believe people went that early to the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Something very interesting I just came across on mygnr.com's forums...In an an interview with CD.com back in 2008, Axl had the following to say:

"Appetite: Axl if under assumption you tour the UK again will you be going back to Newcastle? despite the last time one prick there throwing pound coins about. I was there that night in 2006 and it would be a shame for the next tour not to stop there because of one idiot out of thousands (althouh I'm sure it's a lot more complicated then that and down to promotors).

Axl: That wouldn't stop us from playing there again. And the whole throwing **** sucks and is pretty cowardly but the leaving I got at Donnington from Lemmy. When we 1st played Donnington I was so happy I had knocked a bottle of piss out of the air when Lemmy gave me a lecture how if another band got hurt because I allowed people to throw things at our shows I'd be responsible for other bands getting hurt. Whether real or there's an argument against that, I've never been able to have anything override that in my head, not even a riot and I don't know why.
    If you're working hard and some **** throws something so he can tell his buddies I don't see where it's worth it."

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭stooodent

Something very interesting I just came across on mygnr.com's forums...In an an interview with CD.com back in 2008, Axl had the following to say:

"Appetite: Axl if under assumption you tour the UK again will you be going back to Newcastle? despite the last time one prick there throwing pound coins about. I was there that night in 2006 and it would be a shame for the next tour not to stop there because of one idiot out of thousands (althouh I'm sure it's a lot more complicated then that and down to promotors).

Axl: That wouldn't stop us from playing there again. And the whole throwing **** sucks and is pretty cowardly but the leaving I got at Donnington from Lemmy. When we 1st played Donnington I was so happy I had knocked a bottle of piss out of the air when Lemmy gave me a lecture how if another band got hurt because I allowed people to throw things at our shows I'd be responsible for other bands getting hurt. Whether real or there's an argument against that, I've never been able to have anything override that in my head, not even a riot and I don't know why.
    If you're working hard and some **** throws something so he can tell his buddies I don't see where it's worth it."

Are you defending him? If so why? the man is an egotistical pillock he kept hes fans waiting he deserve a slap from a piss bottle hes fans allow him to lead a lavish lifestyle the least axel can do is to show respect towards them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

stooodent wrote: »
    Are you defending him? If so why? the man is an egotistical pillock he kept hes fans waiting he deserve a slap from a piss bottle hes fans allow him to lead a lavish lifestyle the least axel can do is to show respect towards them.

Eh, I just posted a quote from an interview without giving any opinion on it...

In terms of defending him though, yeah, I don't think anyone should be throwing stuff at a performer on stage, ever!. He's a complete arsehole for constantly turning up late but the people who throw stuff at the stage don't deserve respect. My only issue with Axl for the whole night was how f*cking sulky he was when they came back on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I understand Axl Rose showed up at Easons this evening about 5 o clock and threw a shoe at nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

They were meant to start at 21:00 like every other headlining band that ever played The Point....
    i don't believe this... Danko was still playing at 21. No reason for MCD to lie this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

i don't believe this... Danko was still playing at 21. No reason for MCD to lie this.

Oh yes Danko got 90mins for a support act nothing strange about that.

And MCD have a very good reason to lie about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

If you want to believe the MCD press release with the start time of 21:45, that's fine.

But if you are a regular concert-goer, you get an idea about how these things work. A band that plays lengthy sets like Guns N' Roses would not be starting that late, and more importantly, the support band would not be playing for 75 minutes (or more).

Personally I don't think MCD "lied" per say, but they did embellish their response. They adjusted the start time there on the night and used the "new time" in the press release. It gave the impression that people were not waiting as long as they were.

If I was there, an announcement after Danko Jones's set (that there had been a delay and, crucially, that there was no curfew in the venue) would have made myself and a lot of other people that night a whole let less rowdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I wonder will the orignal line up come back to Ireland when they reunite in 2013 (the year when they are eligble for the rock n roll hall of fame).

They will reunite one day i believe that but still i would go back and see guns n roses again if they play Dublin again but Axl never forgets stuff and will not play Dublin again.

I don't think you'll ever see the original GnR line-up together again?? There's too much water under the bridge between Axl n Slash for that to happen. Not even a huge amount of money would get them together on stage, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 wiskyjack

im not sure about everyone else at the gig but i did happen to look at my watch. they came on at 22:15, they played 5 songs (30 min ) and walked off stage for around 35 min. came back on and played untill 00:55.

personaly i would have had more respect for Axl if he just stayed off and didn't come back on and play a half arsed gig.

but the fact is he allways does this and everyone knows it, coming on late and having a freek out is what he does. so why the outrage.
    if you forget about the money and time wasting he sounded great even though he didn't want to be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Not willing to forget about the money and especially not the time wasting. That is three hours of my life I ain't ever going to get back. They came on stage at 22.25 or so as far as I remember so I don't agree with your watch.

Personally as soon as darling Axl couldn't get himself on stage on time despite wanting to "have lots of fun tonight", he lost any respect I had for him. Not all of us are rabid fans, I like some of the songs, went with a friend who likes more of their songs, but neither of us knew he constantly turns up late for these things.

Advertisement