Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

wiskyjack wrote: »
    im not sure about everyone else at the gig but i did happen to look at my watch. they came on at 20:15, they played 5 songs (30 min ) and walked off stage for around 35 min. came back on and played untill 00:55.

personaly i would have had more respect for Axl if he just stayed off and didn't come back on and play a half arsed gig.

but the fact is he allways does this and everyone knows it, coming on late and having a freek out is what he does. so why the outrage.
    if you forget about the money and time wasting he sounded great even though he didn't want to be there.

If that's the case you need to get either your watch or your eyes checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

dixiefly wrote: »
    If that's the case you need to get either your watch or your eyes checked.

Eh the support band were still playing at 2015hrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

How went the italy gigs any news on them yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

lol they came on at 22:35 in Rome! Learned nothing! There was some discontent beforehand that subsided when they came on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ticketsthere

zuutroy wrote: »
    lol they came on at 22:35 in Rome! Learned nothing! There was some discontent beforehand that subsided when they came on.

That's the whole point, they'll never change. That's how Axl works- best folks just deal with it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That's the whole point, they'll never change. That's how Axl works- best folks just deal with it :D

Well if that's the case, then Axl will just have to deal with how angry crowds act.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Next time you're being dicked around in a cue and your time is being wasted for no reason i hope you remember this thread and the **** attitude rose has towards his fans and apply it to yourself. (also i thought you'd posted your last post in here, anything in particular bring you back apart from fanboi defending of gnr?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

anyone know what time danko jones hit the stage in dublin, for sure, not estimates??

i didn't arrive till 8.50pm and they continued playing until 9.13pm

lordgoat wrote: »
    Next time you're being dicked around in a cue and your time is being wasted for no reason i hope you remember this thread and the **** attitude rose has towards his fans and apply it to yourself. (also i thought you'd posted your last post in here, anything in particular bring you back apart from fanboi defending of gnr?)

Well, I'm afraid I was more than prepared for the wait at Guns N' Roses and I find it very hard to understand why others weren't, but that's neither here nor there. All I know is every-time I've talked about Guns N' Roses in the past 10 years, everyone seems to be an expert on their late appearances, tour history and line-up changes. All of a sudden, Ireland's acting like we've never heard of the internet, let alone 'headlines'.

Fanboi, I love that term. Generally used by assholes with a grudge against people who like something. Why would I be pissed at Axl, because he did the same thing he always does in that situation.

Last post, yeah guess I haven't got anything better to do on this ****ty day :)

Well if that's the case, then Axl will just have to deal with how angry crowds act.

He does by leaving the stage :) But only if they throw ****, he doesn't mind the anger or the booing, it's the possibility of being hurt that makes him leave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Well, I'm afraid I was more than prepared for the wait at Guns N' Roses and I find it very hard to understand why others weren't ..

That's a very annoying thing to post, after all the reasons that have been given by people who attended the concert and have posted in great detail on this thread.
    All I know is every-time I've talked about Guns N' Roses in the past 10 years, everyone seems to be an expert on their late appearances ..

They were not late the last time they played here.

They were late at Slane, almost twenty years ago.

Go back and read the comments on this thread a few hours BEFORE the gig and you will see that people (I being one of them) advised people not to expect Guns to show at 9pm, that it would be more likely be closer to 9.45.

So quit your bulls**ting that people are acting surprised he was late.

They are furious because he showed up at 10.30pm (90 minutes past stage show time) at a venue that has regularly enforced an 11pm curfew!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Last post,
    Yeah right.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    That's a very annoying thing to post, after all the reasons that have been given by people who attended the concert and have posted in great detail on this thread.

They were not late the last time they played here.

They were late at Slane, almost twenty years ago.

Go back and read the comments on this thread a few hours BEFORE the gig and you will see that people (I being one of them) advised people not to expect Guns to show at 9pm, that it would be more likely be closer to 9.45.

So quit your bulls**ting that people are acting surprised he was late.

They are furious because he showed up at 10.30pm (90 minutes past stage show time) at a venue that has regularly enforced an 11pm curfew!!

I've read the reasons, don't you worry and I couldn't care less. Guns were on stage playing as normal and the crowd ruined this show for me. Axl did exactly what he's always headlined for doing. Fair enough in the RDS he was on time but no-one talked about that in the press near as much as they talk about his late appearances.

This is not an Irish thing, this is a well known tradition of Guns N' Roses tours, even in the days when Slash and the lads were there. I don't mind people booing, giving out - Guns invite that trouble upon themselves but throwing stuff is well out of order and that's what caused all the trouble.

If people are pissed then they've learnt their lesson. As for me, next time Guns come near Ireland I'll be there waiting with a nice big smile on my face, just like Belfast :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Fair enough in the RDS he was on time but no-one talked about that in the press near as much as they talk about his late appearances.

You expect the press to write articles about Axl turning up on time?? :rolleyes:
    I don't mind people booing, giving out - Guns invite that trouble upon themselves but throwing stuff is well out of order and that's what caused all the trouble.

Even if nobody threw plastic bottles, they were annoyed and who was going to enjoy a gig while booing, it causes a bad atmosphere.

If he had address the fact he was SOOOO late and that he had arranged a curfew extension, then people might have been more forgiving.

"No curfew tonight, we're playing till after midnight .. so call your mommies cause we're gonna have some fun, you ready to rock Dublin"

Something like that and he would have had the greatest audience (which is what Irish audiences are) eating out of his hand.
    If people are pissed then they've learnt their lesson. As for me, next time Guns come near Ireland I'll be there waiting with a nice big smile on my face, just like Belfast :D

Go see Loaded next year when they tour the new album or Slash if he comes back, them lads actually appreciate and respect their fans.

Get this, they actually come on stage at the advertised time.

Honest.

Axl did exactly what he's always headlined for doing. Fair enough in the RDS he was on time but no-one talked about that in the press near as much as they talk about his late appearances.

Why would they? He did his job, the job that the people that pay his wages payed hundreds of thousands for his to do. It all boils down to a complete lack of respect for his audience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭KyussBishop

Covering old ground obviously, but just because it's the "done thing" from Axl, doesn't mean he's not being a disrespectful asshole by doing that; people were/are right to be angry, and nobody should be required to expect a late showing, that is stupid.

If you don't care about other peoples (very valid) reasons for being pissed off, don't post here?

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Go see Loaded next year when they tour the new album or Slash if he comes back, them lads actually appreciate and respect their fans.

Get this, they actually come on stage at the advertised time.

Honest.

Haha :D, I regret not going to Slash actually. Tickets were long gone when I finally warmed up to the idea. Ah well, next time :D

Why would they? He did his job, the job that the people that pay his wages payed hundreds of thousands for his to do. It all boils down to a complete lack of respect for his audience.

Bottle throwing shows a complete lack of respect for the artist.

Covering old ground obviously, but just because it's the "done thing" from Axl, doesn't mean he's not being a disrespectful asshole by doing that; people were/are right to be angry, and nobody should be required to expect a late showing, that is stupid.

If you don't care about other peoples (very valid) reasons for being pissed off, don't post here?

Sorry, I didn't realize this thread was exclusively for people bad mouthing Axl. I'm not the mans publicist so I don't have to give two fiddlers about peoples grievances. I bought my ticket and took off work just like everyone else. Only difference is, I blame the crowd not the band for a ruined night.

Sorry, I didn't realize this thread was exclusively for people bad mouthing Axl. I'm not the mans publicist so I don't have to give two fiddlers about peoples grievances. I bought my ticket and took off work just like everyone else. Only difference is, I blame the crowd not the band for a ruined night.

No it's not but neither is it for fanbois ( i also love the term).

For someone that doesn't give two fiddlers about peoples grievances you - signed up for boards and have 50 posts in a thread blaming the crowd and telling people they should have known better.

• Advertisement

Don't think you'll find anyone at all arguing that. However, it would never have happened if Axl didn't keep everyone waiting for so long.

Routinely turning up late and when you do decide to show up sulking like a little girl shows a complete lack of respect for the fans.

The problem most people here have with you is you can't concede to this.

While I and many others have no problem in saying that throwing anything towards the stage is not acceptable and should not be condoned.

Take off the rose tinted glasses - pun completely intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Everyone knows how much I have defended this band on here. However there is no defending this gig. I expected them to be late, I wasn't aware of the curfew so that wasn't an issue for me. However Axl handled that incident like a complete bitch. When he came back he further disrespected the fans. That frankly is a prickish attitude. **** him. I still love the band and the music and will defend Axls ability to still deliver an amazing show. But there is no denying that he is an utter bollix.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

He does by leaving the stage :) But only if they throw ****, he doesn't mind the anger or the booing, it's the possibility of being hurt that makes him leave.

He should have asked Stephanie Seymour and Erin Everley about being hurt by glass...........I'm sure they would have helped him :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

Think it was mostly traffic issues, same as AC/DC the following week. Took hours to get out/home..etc

and they gave out free tickets for that! It took me well over an hour to make my way from near the front(but still outside the pit) at the Red Hot Chilli Peppers Slane Gig & can't even remember how long to get a bus and home.

I don't understand the opinion that Axl didn't want to perform and wanted out of there sharpish so pretty much incited this as a way out of the gig early as some people have been saying. If that was the case why did he stick around on stage with the megaphone etc in the UK last week when the power was cut, seemed to be liking performing in those youtube vids of Reading or whatever it was.

No it's not but neither is it for fanbois ( i also love the term).

For someone that doesn't give two fiddlers about peoples grievances you - signed up for boards and have 50 posts in a thread blaming the crowd and telling people they should have known better.

Well I signed up a long time ago and haven't found another subject quite so engaging.

If Axl haters are coming on in their droves to denounce the man, then fans are allowed to come along and support him Mr. Moderator.

People want their grievances heard, hire a psychiatrist....maybe Axl can recommend one :).

Don't think you'll find anyone at all arguing that. However, it would never have happened if Axl didn't keep everyone waiting for so long.

Sher what can you do? At least he didn't throw stuff at us :)

Routinely turning up late and when you do decide to show up sulking like a little girl shows a complete lack of respect for the fans.

The problem most people here have with you is you can't concede to this.

While I and many others have no problem in saying that throwing anything towards the stage is not acceptable and should not be condoned.

Take off the rose tinted glasses - pun completely intended.

Well, no-ones forcing them to go back and at least Guns won't sell many more gig tickets in Ireland anytime soon :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Sher what can you do? At least he didn't throw stuff at us :)

If he was a real rock star, he would have fired the plastic bottles back.;)

• Advertisement

johnn wrote: »
    and they gave out free tickets for that! It took me well over an hour to make my way from near the front(but still outside the pit) at the Red Hot Chilli Peppers Slane Gig & can't even remember how long to get a bus and home.

I don't understand the opinion that Axl didn't want to perform and wanted out of there sharpish so pretty much incited this as a way out of the gig early as some people have been saying. If that was the case why did he stick around on stage with the megaphone etc in the UK last week when the power was cut, seemed to be liking performing in those youtube vids of Reading or whatever it was.

Ah Dublin was different, the band had left the stage and Axl tried to leave but MCD wouldn't let him. Apparently they threatened to sue GN'R if they didn't complete the full set so Axl was kind of forced to get back on stage and finish up.

Advertisement