Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

I would be more then happy to take MCD to small claims court, I have sent them an email every day...including Saturday and Sunday...through the feedback section of their website and I have heard nothing, not a word....I am disgusted:mad:

me too, how long do we have to give them before we can proceed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I'm not sure actually, I think the standard response time is 30 days, although with the issue of the press release I think that we can proceed as is

Meanwhile, check this thread out
    http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=60565.480

The Admin is Jarmo, a guy who actually travels as a guest of the band, and is on the road on the current tour - oddly enough, he shut down this thread a few moments ago when he felt that there were 'more interesting things to talk about'

The Censorship is disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

This is the procedure
    The procedure can be summarised as follows:

The claimant completes the application form and sends it to the Registrar with the relevant fee.
    The application is registered by the Registrar
    A copy of the claim and a Notice of Claim is sent by the Registrar to the respondent
    At this stage, there are various choices available to the respondent:

They can admit the claim
    They can dispute the claim
    They can counterclaim
    They might ignore the claim.
    Respondent admits the claim

The respondent has 15 calendar days to reply. Where the respondent admits the claim, he/she completes a Notice of Acceptance of Liability, and returns it to the Registrar

The respondent has 3 options:

The respondent agrees to pay the amount claimed. Here, the respondent agrees to pay you immediately. Payment is made by cheque, postal order or money order, made payable to the claimant, and sent to the Registrar. If payment is conditional, e.g., the goods must be returned, then the Registrar must seek the claimant's agreement

The respondent consents to judgement. Here, the respondent will only pay you when judgement is made in the Small Claims Court Office. You will not have to attend at court. The claimant swears an Affidavit of Debt and makes a request for Judgement and Decree. The Registrar will assist the claimant in this procedure. The Registrar will notify the respondent of the judgement. The respondent has 28 calendar days to comply with the judgement.

The respondent wishes to pay the amount claimed in instalments. The Registrar must inform the claimant of this request and must seek the consent of the claimant to the terms proposed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I'm not sure actually, I think the standard response time is 30 days, although with the issue of the press release I think that we can proceed as is

Meanwhile, check this thread out
    http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=60565.480

The Admin is Jarmo, a guy who actually travels as a guest of the band, and is on the road on the current tour - oddly enough, he shut down this thread a few moments ago when he felt that there were 'more interesting things to talk about'

The Censorship is disgusting

why does the spa sign his name at the end of every post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

JJ wrote: »
    I suggested before in this thread that people who bought tickets to this gig and felt hard done by should take MCD to small claims court. I could understand if some people think what's the use but small claims is the only way forward and even if you don't win, it'll give MCD a headache. The more people who give them a headache, the more they'll realise that they can't push Irish consumers around and charge any price they like (and not refund) for a badly organised gig.

Would you not be better to take your complaint first to MCD and then to the small claims court? MCD haven't pushed the consumer around they put on a gig that was marred by the behaviour of the artist. There was nothing wrong with the organisation of the gig other than the artist threw a spanner in the works. Ultimately the venue and the promoter had to deal with the changing situation on the fly. An artist is an artist and you pay to see them perform good, bad or indifferently. Might be more appropriate to call Axl into the Small Claims Court. It's also the artist who approves and often sets the ticket price.

Really, how many people are actually put out by this gig? The irony is that they have got to go to the most talked about gig of the year! You can proudly claim that you were at the

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

That's pretty funny.

I wonder could we use this as an example of how bad things can be when people give about boards and their 'censorship' of people.

Jaysus. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭phil1nj

BrianD wrote: »
    Would you not be better to take your complaint first to MCD and then to the small claims court?

Most have probably done this but MCD have not replied so far . Hardly a good sign that they're open to listening to punters grievances and take each case on its merits. Instead a blanket (and factually misleading) press releases is put out the day after.
    MCD haven't pushed the consumer around they put on a gig that was marred by the behaviour of the artist. There was nothing wrong with the organisation of the gig other than the artist threw a spanner in the works. Ultimately the venue and the promoter had to deal with the changing situation on the fly.

Nope they've totally ignored the consumer thus far. There was plenty wrong with the organisation of the gig, please read the posts that have been put up here before making such a statement (and try exlplaining the ridiculous suppossed start time of 9.45pm and the actual 10.30pm kick off without using the phrase "its Axl, what did you expect?")
    An artist is an artist and you pay to see them perform good, bad or indifferently.

Agreed BUT its usually done within the confines of a set timeframe not whenever the f*ck the artists (he, she or they) feels like turning up and playing. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I'm pretty sure there was a start time stipulated in someone's contract (due to the venue choosen for the gig) and it definitely wasn't 9.45pm or 10.30pm. If it were, it should have been on the ticket or at the very least made public know duirng teh over extended interval between the support act and the main act
    Might be more appropriate to call Axl into the Small Claims Court.
    My contract was with Ticketmaster who in turn were acting as agents behalf of MCD. The buck stops there AFAIC. I'm assuming your tongue was firmly in your cheek when you wrote this.
    It's also the artist who approves and often sets the ticket price.

Irrelevant IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

Are ye still going on about this !!!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

s8n wrote: »
    Are ye still going on about this !!!!!

I have to agree, ok time to move on. If people want to post after they hear back from MCD. Or if they have something new to say that's fine.

Ironically enough no one has actually posted a decent review of the gig that eventually happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

lordgoat wrote: »
    Ironically enough no one has actually posted a decent review of the gig that eventually happened.

Nope, but everyone is still talking about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I'm strongly considering going to Birmingham to see the non-farcical version of the show. NEC, Ibis and airport are all in close proximity.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

zuutroy wrote: »
    I'm strongly considering going to Birmingham to see the non-farcical version of the show. NEC, Ibis and airport are all in close proximity.

Really? What makes you think the Birmingham show will be non-farcical? Wouldn't be for me, but each to his own and all that.

As regards a decent review, it's actually quite hard to know what to say. As has been well documented, Axl didn't give a rats, just stood there, didn't talk to audience, etc. etc., so a lot of the normal things you expect from a show like this were absent. That really killed the atmosphere for me, and for many others.

That said, if you were blind, for example, and interested only in the musical aspects, it wasn't half bad. I was pretty happy with the setlist, and thought Axl's voice was better than I was expecting. Other band members were tight, played well.

If you weren't blind, but were interested in stage production above anything else, once again you probably wouldn't have been disappointed. Stage, lighting, pyro, etc. were all pretty cool, and it was a good spectacle.

It's just a shame that Axl was standing sulking in the middle of it all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

zuutroy wrote: »
    official site says its the lg arena ... is this a new name foe nec or new arena ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

auditek923 wrote: »
    official site says its the lg arena ... is this a new name foe nec or new arena ?

Yeah, it's the newer name for the NEC Arena (still within the National Exhibition Centre complex).

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Here’s what Axl Rose wants in his rider and backstage in his dressing room:

1) Dressing room to all black and decorated with fresh roses 18 of red and white each
    2) Champagne
    3) vodka
    4) tequila (Patron Anejo)
    5) red wine
    6) beer (6 X Lucky Budha beer, Grolsch and Checkvar)
    7) room must include dark shades
    8 ) a bed
    9) a sofa
    10) a coffee table
    11) six lamps and a rug.
    12) black napkins
    13) a blender
    14) a juice maker
    15) a kettle
    16) paper tissues
    17) 18 glasses (for wine and champagne)
    18) 15 glasses for ’stiff drinks’
    19) 40 paper glasses
    20) six cutlery sets
    21) two bottle openers and corkscrews
    22) one large and two smaller bread knives
    23) salt and pepper mills
    24) olive oil
    25) Balsamic vinegar
    26) soy sauce
    27) two bear-shaped tubes of honey,
    28) Jose Cuervo mixed cocktail drink
    29) Red Bull
    30) Coca-Cola
    31) 7 Up
    32) a carton of orange juice
    33) Pellegrino mineral water and Smart Water (?!)
    34) Fruit: bananas, apples, strawberries, raspberries, water melons, mangos and grapefruits
    35) veg misc: carrot, celery, cucumbers
    36) various kinds of crackers
    37) seven kinds of cheese
    38) Jam
    39) condiments: mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard
    40) white bread
    41) dinner: roast chicken, two portions of medium rare filet mignon, Cesar salad, four cheeseburgers and a spinach salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

D1976 wrote: »

1) Dressing room to all black and decorated with fresh roses 18 of red and white each
    2) Champagne
    3) vodka
    5) red wine
    8 ) a bed
    9) a sofa
    10) a coffee table
    11) six lamps and a rug.
    12) black napkins
    13) a blender
    14) a juice maker
    15) a kettle
    16) paper tissues
    19) 40 paper glasses
    20) six cutlery sets
    24) olive oil
    25) Balsamic vinegar
    26) soy sauce
    29) Red Bull
    30) Coca-Cola
    31) 7 Up
    34) Fruit: bananas, apples, strawberries, raspberries, water melons, mangos and grapefruits
    38) Jam
    40) white bread
    41) dinner: roast chicken, two portions of medium rare filet mignon, Cesar salad, four cheeseburgers and a spinach salad.

Decor aside, that rider is quite modest considering it feeds Axl band and crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Doesn't look over the top apart from the 18 fresh roses, more for show than anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Metallica's rider put's that to shame and it contains no vanity whatsoever...just lots of bacon! and they prefer real cups to paper!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

My mates 3 year old also kicks up a tantrum if his honey is not in bear shaped bottle. Maybe they couldn't find it and this is what upset the poor wee fella so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Heading to see them tomorrow night in Amneville in France, hopefully will go off without a hitch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

2) Champagne
    3) vodka
    5) red wine
    8 ) a bed
    9) a sofa
    10) a coffee table
    11) six lamps and a rug.
    12) black napkins
    13) a blender
    14) a juice maker
    15) a kettle
    16) paper tissues
    19) 40 paper glasses
    20) six cutlery sets
    24) olive oil
    25) Balsamic vinegar
    26) soy sauce

29) Red Bull
    30) Coca-Cola
    31) 7 Up
    38) Jam
    40) white bread

WTF?????

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Jesus:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I popped this into the thread in R&M so figure i'd pop it in here too. Couldn't resist making this,sums up the arguments going round and round here!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 The Grammar Police!

2) Champagne
    3) vodka
    5) red wine
    8 ) a bed
    9) a sofa
    10) a coffee table
    11) six lamps and a rug.
    12) black napkins
    13) a blender
    14) a juice maker
    15) a kettle
    16) paper tissues
    19) 40 paper glasses
    20) six cutlery sets
    24) olive oil
    25) Balsamic vinegar
    26) soy sauce
    29) Red Bull
    30) Coca-Cola
    31) 7 Up
    38) Jam
    40) white bread

No clock??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I love the fact that I have been in the US for the past week, and it has been 11 days since the gig, and discussion about it on this forum have only died down yesterday !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Het-Field wrote: »
    I love the fact that I have been in the US for the past week, and it has been 11 days since the gig, and discussion about it on this forum have only died down yesterday !

What was the talk in the US about this show??

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Stretchryan

Seen them friday night in Amneville in France and was a great performance. No Drama, came on at 10 and finished at 12.30 and axl spent less time off stage than he did on the tour in 2006.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CorkRocker

Since Axl Rose announced that the concert was over, i believe a refund will be given. Also i believe ticket master will need to refund, as they are the seller. They can, in turn, receive a refund from MCD themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

CorkRocker wrote: »
    Since Axl Rose announced that the concert was over, i believe a refund will be given. Also i believe ticket master will need to refund, as they are the seller. They can, in turn, receive a refund from MCD themselves.
    I don't believe that there is any agreement which says how long artist should perform... And if you check ticketmaster terms and conditions they sure state that they are not responsible for anything regarding events. But good luck.

Advertisement