Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Resurfacing Contractors - any experience

Options
  • 04-06-2010 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

hi just wondering if anyone knows of Munster Resurfacing Contractors MRC - they are after giving us a very good price for tarmac - bit too good to be true - apparently they have another job canceled

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

"Another job cancelled" is usually a dodgy sign.

Did you call them or did they quote on-spec ?

If they just turned up, happened to have a spare load then there are alarm bells ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Thing about tarmac is to make sure they put it down thick,so find out how deep the tarmac will be and make sure they put down as they said.If its to thin it will wash away the rain eventually.
    Never heard of them btw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

You can't just lay tarmac, you have to use a "clause 804" base , roller vibrate it then and only then should tarmac be laid out at least 3 - 4 inchs think then rolled.

Tell them to get lost and note their vehicle numbers and pass them to the local AGS members.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭PcAngel

I googled them to no avail. One word - BEWARE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Yeah i never heard of them i know a lot of reputable tarmac contractors if you want to know. They sound like pavies tbh stay away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 msirene

I think these guys are operating in Clare these days are they legit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

The shower in Clare were throwing a line about stuff left over from the Gort-Crusheen construction, as detailed here (Unscrupulous Traders):

http://www.galway.ie/RoadProjects/n18_new/news/SWJV%20N18%20G-C%20Newsletter%20-%20Issue%205.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 msirene

Thankyou for your quick response. Yes I think they are the same people.
    rgds
    irene

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

didn't go ahead with them - i contact local county council for roads (because that is who they said that their job was canceled) and they never heard of them and had no road projects requiring tarmac for that period

Advertisement