Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big heavy chocolatey recipe

Options
  • 04-06-2010 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

In my presses at the moment I have

Muscavado sugar
    whole wheat flour
    self raising flour
    A bit of 80% choc
    cocoa powder
    Baking powder
    Bicarb soda
    Golden syrup.

I do have eggs (only 2) & butter, but no milk.

EDIT: I found a recipe which calls for a bit more chocolate than I have, can I make up the taste with a bit of cocoa powder?
    Also, it calls for plain flour, can I use the wholemeal instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

I'd say you could make something along the lines of brownies with those ingedients. I think the taste of the wholemeal flour would probably be covered by the muscovado and choc. And I'm sure you could make up the chocolate shortfall with cocoa powder, maybe adding a bit more butter for moistness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Here's a brownie recipe that doesn't need chocolate. If you don't have that much cocoa powder, use as much as you have, and make the rest up with drinking chocolate.

Makes 1 x 8"x8” square

Ingredients:
    • 170g Butter, melted
    • 105g Cocoa powder
    • 200g Sugar
    • 2 Eggs, cold
    • 70g Self-raising flour
    • 1/8 tsp Salt
    • 150g Caster sugar
    Directions:
    1. Melt butter. Add cocoa powder.
    2. Add sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add flour. Mix until just combined.
    3. Bake on middle shelf @ 160c for 40-45 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I made brownies from a recipe I found online, just substituting dark muscavado sugar for the normal sugar and whole wheat flour and a tsp of baking powder for the self raising. The choc flavour comes from cocoa so the bit of dark choc I had, I just crushed and put into the mixture.

The result, a moist and slightly nutty, treacly and sticky brownie which I have remade twice since I started this thread.

Without a doubt the nicest thing I have ever baked!

Advertisement