Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD Ico/Shadow of the Colossus

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want! I want!

Seriously, I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

SoTC had great use of blurring and light effects to really make the limited graphics of the ps2 look beautiful, it was such a cinematic game. I hope it will be even more impressive with a HD makeover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

SoTC had great use of blurring and light effects to really make the limited graphics of the ps2 look beautiful, it was such a cinematic game. I hope it will be even more impressive with a HD makeover.

All I care about is whether they sort out the framerate... I always said it was pretty much unplayable on the PS2, and that article backs me up (15fps!:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

This will get me back to playing the PS3, as well as a nice lead in to The Last Guardian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

This'll be on Ps3 right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

what Kiith said :)

tried to get that PS2 emulator running on my pc.. and failed, miserably..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Stupid game making me kill them Colossus'.They didn't do nothing to nobody :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Stupid game making me kill them Colossus'.They didn't do nothing to nobody :(

Are they not collectively evil?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I don't think they were evil. My theory is:
    They were vessels created to contain Dormins soul/essence/whatever but they weren't actually evil or controlled by Dormin. If they were couldn't they just top themselves or let the MC take them down without a fight

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I don't think they were evil. My theory is:
    They were vessels created to contain Dormins soul/essence/whatever but they weren't actually evil or controlled by Dormin. If they were couldn't they just top themselves or let the MC take them down without a fight
    Id agree with that.I doubt they knew their creation purpose and were just goin about their business

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So , is this saying it is possible to play the original God of Wars in near HD on PC ??
    In our feature we compared the PS3 versions with the source PS2 titles, running not just on the original hardware but also on the PC via the open source PCSX2 emulator.

The result? The PC emulation turned out to be very, very close indeed to the HD remixes, proving that the conversion team had replaced no original in-game art, aside from the on-screen text and button graphics.

I just need to get the emulator etc setup ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

love to know what pc they using, my e6850 4870 struggled to get 15 fps in SOTC.

guess i gonna have to get a ps3 i was on the flying one when i stopped playing it on ps2 :(

awesome seriously awesome game. framerate did my head in tho was like playing a an online game with constant lag :(

Roar wrote: »
    what Kiith said :)

tried to get that PS2 emulator running on my pc.. and failed, miserably..

Gonna have a bash at trying to get it working, never seen/heard of it before.
    But the chance to play GOW again is too tempting :)

Got it working, Games run awful, 25fps n stuff. Very laggy to the point of unplayable. I think ill just buy another PS2, they go for 40 euro in game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,609 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Shadow of the Colossus is probably the, so far, high water mark for videogames so far, stuns in every way.
    And although the frame rate may chug sometimes, I don't feel it kills the game in anyway, given the relatively sparsely populated screen, most of the time the only things animated on the screen are the hero and the horse. Sometimes this does change however when a behemoth arrives to crush you 'neath it's mighty feet made of masonry! (sounds like a good quote for a t-shirt!)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Checking this thread on PCSX2 and the Compatibility List, it's probably a combination of people not having super-fast CPUs, wrong plugins/too high res, and 0.9.7 being possibly slower than 0.9.6.

Wouldn't know myself, I'm on a laptop most of the time.

Has there been any more info on this? Anything at E3

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nothing, not even last gaurdian videos :(

We are getting the Sly Racoon trilogy in HD, you may balk but they are 3 excellent and unfortunately ignored games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Damn. And after finding there's no way my laptop can emulate it, too (15fps, while I get full speed in Persona) :(

Really disappointed with the lack of any Last Guardian info. Its pretty much my most anticipated game (that we dont know much about) at the moment. I still think we will see a HD Ico/Shadow at some stage, i just hope it doesnt take too long.

• Advertisement

We are getting the Sly Racoon trilogy in HD, you may balk but they are 3 excellent and unfortunately ignored games.

I'm actually really chuffed about that, I've been meaning to pick up the originals for ages now, but this will save me the effort (and have trophy support etc)
    I'd say a cel shaded game like Sly would scrub up very nicely indeed.

I may have to try Sly if only to redeem me from my heathen status from never even hearing about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Wait, so 3 games on 1 disc? Will there be 3 platinums? The trophy whore inside me likes that idea.

I'm not balking. Sly is deadly. I only have number 2. Got it cheap from GameStop

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

HD pack of ICO/SoTC for PS3 confirmed for March/April next year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-13-team-ico-collection-around-GBP24-99

Mr E wrote: »
    HD pack of ICO/SoTC for PS3 confirmed for March/April next year.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-09-13-team-ico-collection-around-GBP24-99

Best god damn news I've heard in ages. It's only a shame we've to wait 6-8 months.

Fantastic bit of news alright, this is definitely one that I'll be pre-ordering asap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

woohoo, now to offload my sd copies before the market crashes :)

Is confirmed not jumping the gun a bit based on that article?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

noodler wrote: »
    Is confirmed not jumping the gun a bit based on that article?
    It probably won't be official till they announce it at TGS but it's as good as confirmed when the likes of Walmart pick up on it.

Advertisement