Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD Ico/Shadow of the Colossus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Indeed. Happy to see it finally confirmed, people have been calling for it since (at least) the very idea of a God of War HD collection was hinted at in a survey.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm keeping my copies, just because they're in cardboard boxes.

I do love cardboard DVD boxes, so much nicer than the horrible plastic ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Walmart.com has the game down for a 1st April 2011 release, which we understand may be placeholder, and priced $39.82.

Sure this isn't a horrible (april fool's day) joke? Anyway I'm scaling back my hope until Sony officially announce it's release date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Shadow of the Collossus with a better frame rate? Hell to the yes!

Won't be offloading the originals though, although I only have the plastic box ICO :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

I would nearly be tempted to buy a PS3 for this

I don't suppose there is any chance it will be ported to the xbox to save me some money?
    Yes I am optomistic by nature, I know there isn't a snowballs

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,477 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I would nearly be tempted to buy a PS3 for this

I don't suppose there is any chance it will be ported to the xbox to save me some money?
    Yes I am optomistic by nature, I know there isn't a snowballs

As one of the few major internal Sony developing teams left, I'd say the poor snowball is pretty much a particularly lonesome puddle by now :(

As one of the few major internal Sony developing teams left, I'd say the poor snowball is pretty much a particularly lonesome puddle by now :(

I figured as much

How much does asecond hand PS3 run for these days, Heavy Rain is another exclusive I would like to play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

So Famitsu have confirmed the existence of the HD collection, complete with screenshots. However Ico and SotC are listed separately on the release schedule. People are taking this as a sign that the game will be released separately in Japan - I'm not sure we should jump to that conclusion until the Sony TGS conference. Even if they are released separately in Japan it's possible they'd be released on one disc in the West.

So glad this is finally confirmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

500x_icocover.jpg

sweet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I've always wanted to play Shadow of the Colossus,I'll have to buy a PS3 now....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

As someone who never played either of these I cant wait to buy this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Fieldog wrote: »
    As someone who never played either of these I cant wait to buy this!

Me too,I was skint when Shadow of the Collosus came out on PS2 but now i'll be buying this for sure hope they're sold together & not seperately.If they're sold seperately Ico in particular sales may suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

GTR63 wrote: »
    sure hope they're sold together & not seperately.If they're sold seperately Ico in particular sales may suffer.

Why on earth would you think they are being sold seperately?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

noodler wrote: »
    Why on earth would you think they are being sold seperately?

Famitsu had them listed seperately on the Release Schedule GothPunk mentioned it above also.Hope they aren't sold seperately,guess more will be revealed at the Tokyo game show later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

GTR63 wrote: »
    Famitsu had them listed seperately on the Release Schedule GothPunk mentioned it above also.Hope they aren't sold seperately,guess more will be revealed at the Tokyo game show later this week.

I see.

That would be stupid. I assume the GOW Collections was not listed seperately in the same way the first time we heard of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Trailer form TGS guys, enjoy:D.....

p.s. HD

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-10-ico-shadow/704598

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

I'm not that bing into console gaming anymore so I've been waiting for a good game to get a PS3. I was going to wait until The Last Guardian but I'll be getting it for these now. Can't wait to play them in HD.

Shadow of the Colossus HD Trophies:
    • Corruption
      -- Killed the first colossus
    • Complete Monster
      -- Finished the game
    • Tasty
      -- Eat every lizard on the map

Ico HD Trophies:
    • Fuzzy feeling
      -- Hold hands with Yorda for 60 seconds
    • Watermelons
      -- HIDDEN TROPHY

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ico HD Trophies:

Are those the only ones or something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've little interest in achievements and zero interest in the badly designed trophy system. I'll be buying this because I'd take any excuse to play these amazing games agian.

• Advertisement

Otacon wrote: »
    Are those the only ones or something?

I'd imagine that those are extra Trophies for the HD editions and all the original Trophies will also be included.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Never got the whole trophies thing. I'll be buying it for the actual game itself;).
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    • Corruption
      -- Killed the first colossus
    • Complete Monster
      -- Finished the game
    • Tasty
      -- Eat every lizard on the map

Ico HD Trophies:
    • Fuzzy feeling
      -- Hold hands with Yorda for 60 seconds
    • Watermelons
      -- HIDDEN TROPHY

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

The Don wrote: »
    I'd imagine that those are extra Trophies for the HD editions and all the original Trophies will also be included.

What original trophies? The PS2 version didn't have trophies!

Picard_Facepalm.jpg

What original trophies? The PS2 version didn't have trophies!

They were more Secret Unlockables than Trophies. Unlockables. The only one I'd be interest in is the Queens Sword from Ico. But its the final Unlockable and I didn't bother doing any of them.

I'm not a fan of the Trophy system. Its a gimmick to get gamers to keep playing games over and over. I hate that they've added them to Counter-Strike Source.

Edit: Ico Secrets. ign, gamespot.

I figured as much

How much does asecond hand PS3 run for these days, Heavy Rain is another exclusive I would like to play

Had a look, second hand prices are running a bit steep for my pockets at the mo, hopeully they will drop a bit in time for this next year or I can pick up a cheap one if there are unwanted christmas pressies floating about

Looking forward to getting my hands on Ico again and I never played Shadow of the Clossus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

One of my friends has been telling me to play to SotC for a long time, I'll be picking this up Day 1!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

When's it out and how much?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,438 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Mr. K wrote: »
    One of my friends has been telling me to play to SotC for a long time, I'll be picking this up Day 1!

You should listen to your friend more often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Suppose I'm gonna have to get a PS3 now.

Only for these and GOW games.

Will probably sell it after completing them, back to my trusty xbox and Skyplayer.

I wish I had friends willing to lend me their PS3s :P.....not like the olden days...

"Here...I'll swap ye me Megadrive for your SNES for a few days"

Advertisement