Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnum

Options
  • 04-06-2010 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Just heard a Rumour of a new nightclub opening in town, not sure where, called Magnum. Anyone heard this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Yeah, its the new place going in where Amber Blacks was. Opening tonight I think. Guess what? Over 18's for girls, over 19's for guys :confused:
    Can they get away with sexism like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Because we all know fellas mature a hell of a lot between 18 and 19 :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Healium wrote: »
    Yeah, its the new place going in where Amber Blacks was. Opening tonight I think. Guess what? Over 18's for girls, over 19's for guys :confused:
    Can they get away with sexism like that?

Dress as a woman. Simple.

Dress as a woman. Simple.
    No, that's Dignity. A few doors down!

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Dignity is closing this weekend so the new place should be more than willing to accept transgender folk.

Magnum might bring some life back to Parliament Street. Loud, badly dressed, messy, underage life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Boo let those people stick to lanigans and so.

Threadhead wrote: »
    Dignity is closing this weekend so the new place should be more than willing to accept transgender folk.

Magnum might bring some life back to Parliament Street. Loud, badly dressed, messy, underage life.
    Is it? That place is always closing :p Wouldn't be surprised if its open next weekend :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Lord ButterSlip

Open tonght I think... Dont know but i want to go on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Magnum, Pegasus, Amber Black's... where do they get these names?

Maaaaagnum!
    zoolander_face.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Thomas Magnum?
    magnumtomselleck.jpg

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Cheno Unction – a quare name, but great sthuff!

Dignity opened this weekend last year on a one year lease so apparently it's all done for this weekend. Who knows though? Not me.

Magnum's opened last night with a selection of horrific music, scobies lurking all over the place and underage tarts parading around thinking the place was the epitome of classiness.

I don't know if it's possible to be worse than Amber Black's but this place certainly seems to be.

Just passed it there now. The hack of it,purple and gold. Feckin' Persians

Nope, I didnt bother going in for the reasons above. Only thing that bugged me was closing off Evans Lane!! Couldnt believe it! So I said i lived up there and ignored them when they said everyone has to show IDs, just walked passed the door and went home then by the Black Abbey. But what makes them think they can do that? Close one end of a road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Blerdiii

well its a joke of a place :P went in yesterday with the free cocktail sticker , im actually 18 had my id bank card, european health card and like 4 other cards with my name and (yes it is a cancelled passport from when im a kid but you know its me) they wouldnt let me in..id normally kinda be ok with that apart from the fact 2 15 year olds walked right in ahead of me!

Blerdiii wrote: »
    ... apart from the fact 2 15 year olds walked right in ahead of me!

Id say there was way more than just the 2 of them by the end of the night. On the up side Kilkennys newest creche is doing great business.:D

hahaha if any one i was talking to was to go by it was worse than langtons! oh well!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got ID'd in there last night, but I told bouncers my age, and I dont carry ID anymore so they just let me in. It was worse than my worst night in Langtons. There was way too many people in there and so many seemed to be underage. It took forever to get served and the barman who eventually served me was incredibly rude. Ended up with half the drink down my arm as I was being squashed so much, so I drank up and left. Thank god I got in for free because if I had to pay €10 for the "privilege" of being pulped, I would have been seriously pissed off.

if you are there with loads ofd people you know it is good, but filled with children ( junior ccerts bloody celebrating ending it like)
    fecking need air conditioning tho!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JBowen

Hey guys,
    Myself and a few friends are heading down to Kilkenny for a couple of nights, Tuesday the 24th and Wednesday the 25th of Aug., just wondering if you guys know of some good spots to head out!?!?
    Were aged between 21-24 and staying in Lanigans hostel, any advice would be great, thanks a mill...

• Advertisement

As long as you don't go to Lanigan's pub yourself you'll be just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

JBowen wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Myself and a few friends are heading down to Kilkenny for a couple of nights, Tuesday the 24th and Wednesday the 25th of Aug., just wondering if you guys know of some good spots to head out!?!?
    Were aged between 21-24 and staying in Lanigans hostel, any advice would be great, thanks a mill...
    Probably the two worst nights of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

haha "Magnum", sounds like a place where 50yr old gay guys dressed in leather chaps hang out.:pac:

bring back The Witness Box!!

Advertisement