Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High mobile data usage

Options
  • 04-06-2010 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Are mobile phone networks legally obliged to warn you when you exceed €50 (or some other figure) in data charges? I know there are new laws coming in next month, but thought I read that this is the case already.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

you'll find this answer in record time if you use the search option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Cabaal wrote: »
    you'll find this answer in record time if you use the search option

I always search before asking. Both Google and boards search (which I find to be brutal). I still didn't find what I'm looking for. What search terms would you use to find the answer?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

Here's a similar (and recent) thread ... it should help.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

kc66 wrote: »
    Are mobile phone networks legally obliged to warn you when you exceed €50 (or some other figure) in data charges? I know there are new laws coming in next month, but thought I read that this is the case already.

Nope, not yet. 1st July is the start date, and even then it only applies to roaming data.

Advertisement