Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saab Diesel Service

Options
  • 04-06-2010 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I am servicing a friends Saab 1.9 Diesel TID. I have already changed the Oil (Valvoline 10 -40) and Oil Filter. However I would like a little advice on changing the Diesel Filter--How exactly do you change it?? Do I have to pull a fuse and let the engine run to drain fuel fronm it before I take it apart--what about priming it afterwards?? All advice appreciated--
    Andy

Comments

You don't drain a diesel filter like a petrol as you will introduce a humongous amount of air in the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 andy99

Hi Rover James
    Do you know exactly how to change this diesel filter?? I don't wantto be embarrassed if the car gets totally airlocked!!
    Andy

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

Firstly 10w40 is not the correct oil for this engine, it should be 0w40 full synthetic or at a push 5w40 full syn.
    I always remove the complete filter housing and replace the element while on the bench, refit and pipe filter outlet into container, keep flicking the ign on until the housing is primed then refit pipe and flick ign few times then start.
    You may have difficulty in sealing the filter housing if you havent done this before;)

Advertisement