Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Valuation

• 04-06-2010 10:45am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Half thinking of selling my 2005 Ridley excalabuer. It got 9 speed dura-ace and and FSA compact chainset with Kysrium SL's (The ones with the red spoke).
    Good condition but well used.
    Any ideas re what price I could expect?

(Have an eye on a Look frame second hand which might build up with 10 speed ultegra)

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »

(Have an eye on a Look frame second hand which might build up with 10 speed ultegra)
    I thought you said you were looking for a p/ex for a set of golf clubs?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    I thought you said you were looking for a p/ex for a set of golf clubs?

Moment of madness....

Resolved after a nice hard spin with BCMF yesterday

(that and the outfits make even Lycra look stylish)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

(that and the outfits make even Lycra look stylish)

Glad to see no negative comments on my gear from Wednesday (yet!). I guess you didn't get much chance to see it:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

€650 ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Lumen wrote: »
    €650 ?

Sort of thinking that all right

• Advertisement

Rob

You might want to check this out

Clearly a later model, so I guess you would probably have to knock a big chunk off whatever it goes for, and adjust for the wheels/groupset

Beasty wrote: »
    Rob

You might want to check this out

Clearly a later model, so I guess you would probably have to knock a big chunk off whatever it goes for, and adjust for the wheels/groupset

"Current bid:£380.00

Reserve pricenot met
    Enter maximum bid:£Place bidPlace bid
    (Enter £390.00 or more)orPrice:£1,350.00Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now
    "

Will keep an eye on this !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Any pictures of said bike and what size is it. What type of bars, stem, saddle and seat post are on it and would you have an estimate of kms done? May be somewhat interested as on the market for a bike and having problems with work and their restrictive CTW scheme so may just go second hand for the moment.

Any pictures of said bike and what size is it. What type of bars, stem, saddle and seat post are on it and would you have an estimate of kms done? May be somewhat interested as on the market for a bike and having problems with work and their restrictive CTW scheme so may just go second hand for the moment.

Medium
    Saddle Spesh Toupe
    Bars and stem ITM

TBH in the region of 20,000k done on it, well serviced and looked after though.

No good pic yet but its the top one on the outside ;)

29653_392522778316_560318316_4191545_7856353_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Love the tour de france sign

• Advertisement

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Love the tour de france sign

Nicked from the finish in Cork :D

Look just above it and there's one from the Nissan classic :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Medium
    Saddle Spesh Toupe
    Bars and stem ITM

TBH in the region of 20,000k done on it, well serviced and looked after though.

No good pic yet but its the top one on the outside ;)

29653_392522778316_560318316_4191545_7856353_n.jpg

Interesting, thought the medium might be on the small side but looking at the Ridley sizing they're pretty big and a medium seems to coincide with a typical 56cm? What height are you RobFowl just to get an idea of relative sizing, I'm just scraping 6' but with only 82.5cm inseam.
    Only concern of course is the age and mileage of the bike, both of which are pretty high so hopefully your price will reflect that if you decide to sell.
    Presume the Kysriums are a relatively recent upgrade so how much kms would these have clocked up. Has the bottom bracket ever been changed.
    Apologies for all the questions when you haven't even advertised the bike for sale yet.

Interesting, thought the medium might be on the small side but looking at the Ridley sizing they're pretty big and a medium seems to coincide with a typical 56cm? What height are you RobFowl just to get an idea of relative sizing, I'm just scraping 6' but with only 82.5cm inseam.
    Only concern of course is the age and mileage of the bike, both of which are pretty high so hopefully your price will reflect that if you decide to sell.
    Presume the Kysriums are a relatively recent upgrade so how much kms would these have clocked up. Has the bottom bracket ever been changed.
    Apologies for all the questions when you haven't even advertised the bike for sale yet.

I'm just Shy of 5'10 so size wise should be fine for you (the next size up in Ridleys is alot bigger) As you can see have stuck with Ridleys and have a Noah now !
    The Kysriums have about 12000k but can swap with a pair of Askyriums with next to no wear on them.
    BB changed at least once a year last one was July last (and hasn't been ridden since Jan).

If selling will probably put up at 650 (but as per usual here it'll be ono :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

@ Dr. Colossus. I borrowed this off Rob Fowl for last years Lance Love-in in the park. I ride a 56cm frame amd found this perfect for me. It is a cracker of a bike.

Advertisement