Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best hangover cure

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

jimpump wrote: »
    dont do class A's

Yet you're still awake at 9am ;) shiiiiiirrrrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭jimpump

xzanti wrote: »
    Fap.

That, or more drink.

Fappins difficult after 20 cans of guinness, and 15 vodka n'red bulls

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Joeyjoejoe83

Water.

I order a specific chinese meal. Chicken with green pepper and blackbean sauce. Works wonders for me. Always has.

i dont think theres any chinese open this time of hour pal...****in wish there was

all i got is pot noddle, and im sick of that crap

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

As JoeyJoeJoe83 said. you're dehydrated. The Brain swells slightly which is what causes the headaches.

Drink water.

• Advertisement

Fappins difficult after 20 cans of guinness, and 15 vodka n'red bulls

:eek: oh you big soak!!!!

:pac:

Have a hot shower/bath..

Is there a shopping centre nearby???? Go get a pack of Piriton hayfever tablets in the Chemist.. They'll knock you right out.

xzanti wrote: »
    :eek: oh you big soak!!!!

:pac:

Have a hot shower/bath..

Is there a shopping centre nearby???? Go get a pack of Piriton hayfever tablets in the Chemist.. They'll knock you right out.

yeah theres a shopping centre 30 mins walk away but no chance of me walkin that far. and fcuk it if im givin a taxi driver a score

yeah theres a shopping centre 30 mins walk away but no chance of me walkin that far. and fcuk it if im givin a taxi driver a score

What can I say.. You're fúcked.

zzzzzzzzzzg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Have a shower.

And yes, water. Your brain has shrunk because it has dehydrated and the ache you are feeling is the pressure of your skull contorting (or something like that :D:D:D )

Your brain has shrunk because it has dehydrated and the ache you are feeling is the pressure of your skull contorting (or something like that :D:D:D )

rofl :D :pac:

• Advertisement

ah yeah me brains gone, but aint no problem

im a plasterer, no need for the chean in my job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Drink water, make some beans on buttery toast,very hot cup of tea/coffee,relax & chill out,

You could have one or two beers at 12.30 but the question then is would you stop at that & if not big trouble ahead tomorrow. :-)

^^ Yeah that!!

Or a bag of Tayto and a big glass of milk.. that always makes me feel sluggish..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 Dave_24irl

What is the science behind a hangover?

How come they get worse as we get older? What stops a 21 year old from feeling awful and a 24 year old (a mere three years) can be incapacitated?

Like, I get the whole dehydration thing. You need water, but I find, even after drinking 3 litres of water I'm still feeling absaolutely horrific. Not even just a headache, my brain is actually fuzzy and I find it hard to even think straight. The simplest of tasks pose a challenge.

realies wrote: »
    Drink water, make some beans on buttery toast,very hot cup of tea/coffee,relax & chill out,

You could have one or two beers at 12.30 but the question then is would you stop at that & if not big trouble ahead tomorrow. :-)

thanks bud, good advice. only got pot noodles to eat here and hate the things! so gonna head up to the shops at 12 and buy a breckie roll and a few guinness and that should sort me out....hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Dave_24irl wrote: »
    What is the science behind a hangover?

How come they get worse as we get older? What stops a 21 year old from feeling awful and a 24 year old (a mere three years) can be incapacitated?

Like, I get the whole dehydration thing. You need water, but I find, even after drinking 3 litres of water I'm still feeling absaolutely horrific. Not even just a headache, my brain is actually fuzzy and I find it hard to even think straight. The simplest of tasks pose a challenge.

Most alcoholic drinks will leave you with low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia) by morning, so its important to get that back up again in a slow, stable way. Which means complex carbohydrates as opposed to simple ones. What I mean is whole grains, like wholemeal bread or muesli, vegetables and fruit (particularly bananas to boost your potassium levels again). Carbs like simple sugars, white pasta or potatoes will not help.
    The nausea can be eased very effectively with ginger or peppermint tea, and again with those rehydration salts (or electrolytes). & of course water & more water.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dan I Am

Plenty of tea/coffee with sugar, and/or a can of something fizzy and sweat.

Bath or shower.

eat something, but don't overdo it.

Painkillers. 40ml of Calpol etc (kids stuff) has 960mg of paracetamol in it if there's any of that around.

A bit of exercise to get your metabolism going (and guessing from your post, you'll just have to make do with a bit of a walk)

tldr - shower and walk down the shop for some food/painkillers.

This drinking water to cure a hangover is a big myth....if anything i feel worse from drinking the auld h2O. Its never stopped me from being hungover even after drinking 4 liitres after a night out....loada bull crap it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

I had a seriously heavy drinking session a few weeks ago, drinking until 5am. We drank gallons, mixing beer, cider, vodka, tequila, the old jagger, more beer....

And no hangover at all the next morning. Secret was in all the junk food we ate all night, me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DanTheMan91

My best cure for a hangover is don't drink so much the night before!

• Advertisement

My best cure for a hangover is don't drink so much the night before!

you're obviously not Irish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,061 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

dirty hot chicken fillet roll and a bottle of lucozade original...few alka seltzers and you'll be grand

I find that a loaf of brown bread, some cranberry juice, lucozade and lots of fruit is the ultimate cure. That and lots of sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Drink lots of ice coldwater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

It aint a hangover if you got the strength to use boards, glare off the laptop would send my brain into chaos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

A pedal and crank and taking to the bed normally helps a hangover

keep hearing everyone tellin me to go to sleep but i tried and failed...me drink musta been spiked or somethin cos i usually conk out after a drinkin session

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭spdmrphy

600mg n-acetyl cysteine with a pint of water before hitting the sack. Dioralyte on waking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Get down to just a pair of boxers, lie down on the kitchen or bathroom floor in the fetal position and hum "The boys are back in town" until the pain goes away

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Meh hangovers are for amateurs!

Advertisement