Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best hangover cure

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Food is your only friend. Even if you don't think you can stomach it, try!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭hiDEhi

Can of lucozade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

jimpump wrote: »
    dont do class A's

Especially not a can of it. Where would you even get a can?!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Fappins difficult after 20 cans of guinness, and 15 vodka n'red bulls

I'm partial to a good bit of drink myself, but that's just disgusting. It's quite possible you are an alcoholic (albeit a functional one).

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Go to Tenerife-there's a guy there that will sort out your sore head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Best cure for a hangover?

Then:
    alex73 wrote: »
    I find that avoiding Alcohol the night before works wonders.
    My best cure for a hangover is don't drink so much the night before!

So you guys have access to a time machine?

OP the best cure is a nap, drink a glass of water and have 40 winks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

im sobering up now after watchin the footie and UFC and feel rough as FCUK!! drinkin since 3p.m yesterday
    Got no painkillers,sausages,puddin etc...and i cant sleep after drinkin

any suggestions homies??
    Spend less time drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

Breathing would be difficult after that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

TheZohan wrote: »
    Then:

So you guys have access to a time machine?

OP the best cure is a nap, drink a glass of water and have 40 winks.

me hole. 40 whanks maybe..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

My head is bangin,
    I'm in a hoop,
    never again will I touch a scoop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Ice cold blue powerade, mc donalds, and a lie down =)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

My best cure for a hangover is don't drink so much the night before!

Imagine going on holidays for a fortnight with those two ^^^^

Christ above. :rolleyes:
    shockwave wrote: »
    Drink lots of ice coldwater.

Yep

And feck a cúpla Disprin into the uisce - wait for it to dissolve - Knock it back - Hit the hay for another hour - You'll be as fresh as a spring lamb when you wake up and ready to hit the pub again.

It also helps if you have a flatmate, slave, family member at your disposal to organise copious quantities of strong coffee whenever you demand it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

a fry and back to bed for as long as your nap lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

'kin hell, go destroy the toilet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭Ricardo G

A nice cuppa tea
    A rasher sambo on white bread

And a nice handjob

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Bacon sandwich (more bacon than bread) and a bottle of lucozade orange, cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Demosthenes

****loads of water, a large fry or other greasy food, mug of strong sweet tea, berocca boost

I find toast with nutella on it and a pint of milk goes down well if the stomach is in bits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

TPD wrote: »
    Bacon sandwich (more bacon than bread) and a bottle of lucozade orange, cold.

Now this person knows what they are talking about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Now this person knows what they are talking about :)

That reminds me, the bacon does need to be crispy. The fat at least. I could snort crumbled up burnt bacon fat, the flavour is divine.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Stick on a good comedy and drink plenty of water don't go to sleep or you will knock your sleeping pattern out stay awake till your normal sleeping time tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭WhiteRussian

I find that this makes me a little pussy if I do it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I suffer from the DTs and the F.E.A.R pretty much every time I drink (I miss the old days) now so I'm constantly looking for ways to conquer the hangover.
    In my experience the best option is to have a few more drinks. Ethanol withdrawal can be fatal. If you were have maybe even only 6 pints every day for six months and suddenly stop, there's a risk of dying. You need to ween yourself off it.
    If you don't want to drink alcohol again though, obviously you get lots of water back into you. You'll need Vitamin C too. Your body is depleted of lots of other vitamins too, including Vitamin A, so eat some fish. Not too much food though because when you eat, your body has to work at digesting the food and slows down the withdrawal process.
    Have some coffee soon after you wake up, it has antioxidants which will help clear out you system and obviously give you a bit of energy too.
    You'll also need some electrolytes too. An expensive blue energy drink should do the trick.
    Also if you don't want to have bad DTs while trying to sleep, get outside in the daylight. You get better sleep if your eyes are exposed to daylight for longer periods I remember reading. If your able to also, try get a little bit of exercise done. Make sure you do it early though.
    There also hangover cure drinks you can buy too that are supposed to give you energy ect, but I've found they don't work. A coffee is a hell of a lot better for me anyway.
    Oh yea and there's pill you can buy in some off licenses too, I forget what they're called. But I've found them to be quite useful, although I've only used them a few times a long time ago.
    The reason we suffer such bad withdrawals though is because when we go out, a lot of us gradually speed up our drinking, then it's time for last orders and we rush the last drinks into us. Then suddenly we stop, and our body doesn't like that. You're better off weening yourself off the booze slowly. That's why a few drinks (the cure) the following day works so well.
    It is the most tried and trusted method and it works!
    Enjoy your few pints:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fapping might be difficult but telling porkies obviously isn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Blue Powerade

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

A few panadol night well help you to get some sleep. Take about 3 or 4 of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Richarz

O.K here is what I do.

I get two pint glassess. I put a berroca boast tablet in both of them, 2 table spoons of sugar in both of them and fill them with water. I then down the 2 pint glasses and take some solpadeine. I wait 30 minutes then take 4 milk thistle tablets and drink a bottle of gatorade. I will then get a massive meal into me with milk. I will continously drink water throughout the day and have an occasional cup of green tea. I have been drinking heavily for years and have had to deal with the worst hangovers you could ever imagine. After many experiments that is the ONLY way to get rid of a bad hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Dan I Am

Richarz wrote: »
    O.K here is what I do.

I get two pint glassess. I put a berroca boast tablet in both of them, 2 table spoons of sugar in both of them and fill them with water. I then down the 2 pint glasses and take some solpadeine. I wait 30 minutes then take 4 milk thistle tablets and drink a bottle of gatorade. I will then get a massive meal into me with milk. I will continously drink water throughout the day and have an occasional cup of green tea. I have been drinking heavily for years and have had to deal with the worst hangovers you could ever imagine. After many experiments that is the ONLY way to get rid of a bad hangover.

You sound like an old hand at this, but do you put as much thought into your pre-drinking planning as you obviously do your hangover cure?

The best cure for a hangover is not to get one in the first place. Have a decent sized meal before you start, down occasional big drinks of water through the night, and then a really big drink of water before sleep. I've had a killer hangover that stretches into the second day on half the amount of alcohol I could drink pain free if I had planned things just a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

A big scuttery/crusty sh1te followed by hours of watching TopGear repeats on Dave while drinking coke is my usual cure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Sauna, steamroom, plungepool and jacuzzi
    New man afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Sauna, steamroom, plungepool and jacuzzi
    New man afterwards
    Oh yea forgot about that. That is a great one actually.

Advertisement