Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best hangover cure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Fapping

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Super gluing you ass hole shut and eating a tremendous amount of Indian curry.

**** wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

More alcohol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

i was in coppers last tuesday night (as usual) and i went home at 4 and had 2 ham and cheese sambos, a litre of orange juice, watched 1 series of hardy bucks and went asleep.

Woke up at 8 fresh and ready for work... ive done it a few times now, i think its the hardy bucks..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

chin_grin wrote: »
    ..."not drinking as much the night before" and "water and aspirin".

These are my two favourites. Together, they work even better.

As an aside, you know that ad, the one which states you can only process one unit of alcohol per hour, no matter how much soakage you have in your belly, I really hate that ad.

Yeah, like a 19 stone rugby player can only metabolise the same amount of alcohol as a 7 stone ballet dancer. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Fry, aspirin and Isotonic sports drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

I have found Cold showers dont work, they actually make you feel like your a geriatric with arthritis

I have found that 2 multi-vitamins swallowed with a pint of water into which 2 x rubex orange tablets have been disolved works a treat. Horse it down just before you sleep. If you can remember work everytime!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

There's absolutely no cure but lately I find having a few bottles of Lucozade Sport in the fridge is the job.

(and drinking them obviously)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

blood transfusion ftw, always handy to keep a few bags in the cooler.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Solpadine before you go to bed, The set alarm for 1hr before you get up in morning and drop another 2 solpadine into water and drink when it's time to get up a hour later everything is grand. This usually works for me, even when i go overboard on Guinness...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

I don't get [noticeable] hangovers.

True story.

Sucks to be ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

Loads of people seem to think a fry does the job... they just don't do it for me at all!

Drymouth is the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

the sit-down shower or more recently, foetal position shower usually makes me feel better as I wash away my shame from the night before also...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Diaroalite & Berocca at bedtime & another in morning and add a solpadine if headache is persisting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

guzzled a bottle of diet coke in episodes since 9am, add in a couple of hours of solid sleep after that and feeling grand. It's early yet though and i still have to go to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭doyle61

Pint of water and panadol before bed usually works but if I forget that I have ham sambo next morning (for sick stomach) and a walk to clear the head works for me.

Ps Few years ago I was a member of a gym and the best cure I've ever come across for a hangover was to drink a bottle of water inside the sauna..............worked every time and came out of the sauna fresh as a dasy no matter how bad the hangover was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

had a bowl of porridge before i went to sleep last night, think that helped. I might have actually invented the ultimate hangover cure ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Dirty fry and a big ****e goes some way to getting back to normal !

Also water mixed with salt and sugar is supposed to replenish some missing stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Lucozade and lots of takeaway food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Super gluing you ass hole shut and eating a tremendous amount of Indian curry.

**** wrong thread.

That had me in tears of laughter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Drink 2 pints of water and take 2 x 500mg paracetamol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

chin_grin wrote: »
    Oh this thread again!

In before "not drinking as much the night before" and "water and aspirin".

It'll depend on the person.

I hate this thread everytime it comes up too. People say things like "A pint of milk" or "Two bananas and I am all set", and I am sat here thinking, "If a pint of milk or a couple of bananas, or even a cold shower sorts it, then its not a hangover you have."

I then start to wonder if the person who has said it has ever even had a hangover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭WASP0

McDonalds

That is all.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

The Early House

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

syklops wrote: »
    I hate this thread everytime it comes up too. People say things like "A pint of milk" or "Two bananas and I am all set", and I am sat here thinking, "If a pint of milk or a couple of bananas, or even a cold showers sorts it, then its not a hangover you have."

I then start to wonder if the person who has said it has ever even had a hangover.

What about the "go for a run" option:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

A good ride followed by a dirty great fry with a litre of Lucozade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

a caffeine pill and a joint :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Chronic Masterbation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Bovril

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

What about the "go for a run" option:rolleyes::D

Yeah, if I can drag myself out of bed, and manage to get myself into a tracksuit, then its not a hangover, I'm just a bit 'delicate'.

Advertisement