Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best hangover cure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Take a disprin before you go out (thins blood)
    Hagover is not as bad the next day.

Seeing as your are passed that point, what you need is:

Pack of meanies, lucozade and a mars bar.

Pack of meanies will sort out your stomach, lucozade will give you some form of energy. Chocolate will release endorphins and you will feel a little better.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

It has to be Lucozade, it fixes everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Two Neurofen and a pint of coke, if you can stomach that then food should be next, preferably something greasy!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    lol, the state I'm in that's DEFINETELY not an option !!!!

If you have the shakes, it wont actually take much work from you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Water, strawberries and crisp
    Liquid, vitamin C and Salt.

Everything you washed out of your system last night :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Phractal

Normally I keep drinking... But that aint an option here. Another cure is drink a heap of water, go to the jacks, throw up repeatedly, then have a few expressos loaded with sugar, some panadol, and a LOT of bready stuff with greasy sausages. Flushes ya out, wakes you up, kills the headache and fills your belly. You know, hangovers can be avoided... Just drink enough to get you drunk, then stop with the alcohol. You feel... Refreshed in the morning. Tis cheaper too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

A two litre of Pepsi along with plenty of ice, oh yeah.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Phractal wrote: »
    You know, hangovers can be avoided... Just drink enough to get you drunk, then stop with the alcohol. You feel... Refreshed in the morning. Tis cheaper too!

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Phractal wrote: »
    You know, hangovers can be avoided... Just drink enough to get you drunk, then stop with the alcohol. You feel... Refreshed in the morning. Tis cheaper too!
    You're one of those highly irritating people who rolls out of a club at 4 in the morning, barely able to speak your name and then sweeps into work at 9am with no trace of a hangover.

You're not welcome here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Blood transfusion.

only another 15 minutes before I head to lunch...
    I've decided on a carvery, a roast beef with loads of stuffing and gravy.

wish me luck :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Yup definitly pint of coke!! If your guts still feel dodgy I'd hit the Andrews Liver Salts. Drink em while they're still fizzling. All else failing, fingers down the throat. Gross I know but you'd feel miles better after a good meeting with Huhgie:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

Your body looses a lot of potassium when you booze so you need to repalce that. High sources are honey and bananas so honey on toast will sort you out and its not to hard on the stomach. That and just keep drinking loads of water!

Although a full Irish does sound mighty good right now hangover or no hangover :D

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Cool pops, loads of them. They're not as heavy as fizzy drinks. The sugar will give you a boost and the water will rehydrate you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Large strawberry milkshake from McDonalds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Sktchr

Ya Milkshakes or Fruit Juices...they'll refresh the system.

Avoid tea or coffee, they'll only dehydrate your body even more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

I used to swear by a spliff and a good strong cup of coffee back in the day.

Having said that, a mate once turned me on to the hydration sachets you get in the chemist for when you have the squits. Horrible salty blackcurrant stuff, but they restore your electrolyte balance which makes it easier for your body to rehydrate. Follow with 2 litres of water over the space of an hour of so. Works every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

5 mile run, cold shower, and a fry. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

2/3 pints of water before bed after a night out. Sorted !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Is taking two panadol and lots of water a good idea after a night out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

More drink

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

yer doing it wrong... you need to be more pre-emptive... in order to avoid nasty hang overs you should take notes from the following instructional advertisement*

*There been no official studies that have concluded this ritual actually works...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

This thread is making me seriously hungry.. My cure is to take two nurofen, packet of crisps and drink ass loads of water -even if you throw up. Sometimes I try to trick myself into thinking that I don't have a hangover because if I sit there going 'I'm so sick, bleuggggggh' then I feel much worse.

Chin up though- you'll look back at this hangover and laugh tomorrow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,229 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Abstinence.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭geoffraffe

I'm not hungover but I'm going out for a burger and chips for lunch.

My cure: Take a multi vitamin before you go to sleep.

A dip in the sea frightens the bi-jaisus out of your system and your hangover won't be the only thing you leave there. If you don;t live by the sea, drive, dart, bus, it's not far.

If all that fails, ice cream and loads of it, fact!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

5 mile run, cold shower, and a fry. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

auld hair of the dog is the only proven hangover cure, everthing else is for gaylords

and you're not a gaylord are ya:cool:

auld hair of the dog is the only proven hangover cure, everthing else is for gaylords

and you're not a gaylord are ya:cool:

hmm..possibly..
    I just barfed :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭EnglishPollop

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    hmm..possibly..
    I just barfed :(

Oh dear - Roast Dinner didn't work then?

Advertisement