Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best hangover cure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

2 litres of water before you head to bed.
    In the morning, a load of Granny Smith apples. A smoke. Lots of water. Then some cider, with ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

bit groggy myself today too, cold shower, a ****-everyone thinks you're joking when ya say this but it does work! greasy food and carbs-then a massive dump after.

if all else fails more booze (im going to the beer garden at 4!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Oh dear - Roast Dinner didn't work then?

I didn't even make it that far

I'm going to start drinking again at 8 tonight as well :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Right, There's way too much talk of fruit, water & vitamins in this thread for my liking.

What you need is a fry with loads of toast. Take four, yes four, panadol & wash that down with coke/ orange.

Go to bed.

Wake up & get a ride if you can, I get crazy horny when hungover & a jump makes me feel better. Nap for another hour.

Get up & you shall be cured!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Heroditas

stimpson wrote: »
    Horrible salty blackcurrant stuff

Are we talking about the sachets or the squirts here?

How come the OP was due to go for lunch at 11:45?
    Feckin' civil servant :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

It's a long weekend, I wouldn't recommend you go on the tear tonight but have about 4/5 pints to help you sleep. Then for Sat/Sun go on a right tear. Monday you can then earn MAN POINTS by telling all on sundry that you've been on the piss since Thurs and had a full day's work in between.

You win.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    asl ?

15/F/Dub,

Sexy Pictures here.

Heroditas wrote: »

How come the OP was due to go for lunch at 11:45?
    Feckin' civil servant :pac:

no, not civil servant, if I was I wouldn't of bothered coming into work :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I was grand this morning after pints last night but now since I have lunch in me the tiredness is kicking in. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

For those in Dublin: top floor of Stephen's Green centre has a Chinese buffet that does all you can eat for a tenner. Grease count is high.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

a whopper meal and a ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

hmm..possibly..
    I just barfed :(

sh'it, it's confirmed now i guess:(

maybe you could start a thread to try find a cure for that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Loop the Loop ice lolly's. Especially for those catch 22 hangovers where you feel sick and the thought of eating something makes you feel worse, but you need to eat something in order to feel better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Sex, Tea, Spliff, and Xbox. All at the same time.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8 MKeating14

A pint of water a 2 neurophene plus do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Zaytoon... just done the job for me. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭EnglishPollop

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Right, There's way too much talk of fruit, water & vitamins in this thread for my liking.

What you need is a fry with loads of toast. Take four, yes four, panadol & wash that down with coke/ orange.

Go to bed.

Wake up & get a ride if you can, I get crazy horny when hungover & a jump makes me feel better. Nap for another hour.

Get up & you shall be cured!

Me too - why is this?!

Are you feeling any better yet Dr.Silly?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Ms. Captain M

Loop the Loop ice lolly's. Especially for those catch 22 hangovers where you feel sick and the thought of eating something makes you feel worse, but you need to eat something in order to feel better.

Yup ya boya, bought a box of these yesterday, half price in Dunnes, sorted for the mornin so

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

Eat a ciggerette. Dont laugh it works. If you can't stomach it break it into a glass of water and drink in one.

thefly wrote: »
    Eat a ciggerette. Dont laugh it works. If you can't stomach it break it into a glass of water and drink in one.

Why?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 328 ✭✭thefly

Why?

To cure your hangover

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I too am shaking like a leaf and puking for ireland every 10 mins or so. Nothing is helping. I actually feel near death. Here's an accurate descrption of me right now:
    Five Star Hangover:
    AKA "Dante's 4th Circle of Hell."
    You have a second heartbeat in your head, which is actually annoying the employee who sits in the next cube. Vodka vapor is seeping out of every pore and making you dizzy. You still have toothpaste crust in the corners of your mouth from brushing your teeth in an attempt to get the remnants of the **** fairy out. Your body has lost the ability to generate saliva, so your tongue is suffocating you. Death seems pretty good right now. You definitely don't remember who you were with, where you were, what you drank and why there is a stranger still sleeping in your bed at your otherwise empty house.

Except I'm at home as I would have possibly been fired had my boss seen me this morning.

To cure your hangover

Lol :P

I mean, how does this cure a hangover?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

To cure your hangover
    Lol :P

I mean, how does this cure a hangover?

Why do I get the feeling you are the same person having a discussion with yourself?

O.o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

OP I was totally in the same boat as you but am miraculously cured. A very nice workmate went to the shop and brought back mint cornettos. Seriously it has totally done the trick.

I'm cured!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

A big fry, or a breakfast roll, with a glass or bottle of water. Or soup, I prefer chicken or tomato.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Jacuzzi....sorted me right out last weekend.
    Had a dirty hangover that was a right pain in the gash.
    Maybe it's the heat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

First have a sneaky danger swank at work followed by a big greasy feed washed down with plenty of water while watching perving at passerby's.

Seriously, am sitting here and feel like chucking over my keyboard.
    I have the sweats, the shakes, and can't move.
    Please help :(

Well aren't you silly !!!!!!

I'm just back from the pub, had a second wind, had 3 pints and 4 sambucas and felt f**kin brutal...

I've sank one pint of water just now, going to sink another one and go to bed.

good night all :(

• Advertisement

Well aren't you silly !!!!!!

I'm just back from the pub, had a second wind, had 3 pints and 4 sambucas and felt f**kin brutal...

I've sank one pint of water just now, going to sink another one and go to bed.

good night all :(

Take some water with you and some painkillers so that when you wake up you can take them without even getting out the bed, and then go back to sleep.

You won't feel so bad when you get up then. Night! ;)

Advertisement