Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best hangover cure

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

Take some water with you and some painkillers so that when you wake up you can take them without even getting out the bed, and then go back to sleep.

You won't feel so bad when you get up then. Night! ;)

ah, good thinking batman !

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

plenty of water and painkillers as per dosage limits

teaspoon of honey to replace the conengers you lost and thus reduce teh headache

ginger biscuits to reduce the sick feeling

and a full fry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

best idea i ever had was putting a box of capri suns beside my bed. wake up with hangover, down as many of them as you can stomach, go back to sleep until you need to get up. f*cking SORTED.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,251 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Breakfast at 3AM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Chicken Fillet Baguette.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Din Taylor

Irn bru and a w@nk.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Don't mind all ye'r concoctions and greasy fry shíte. Get yourself out of bed and in to the pool for a swim, followed by a ten minute sweat in the steam room followed by a quick plunge in an ice pool to jolt the system back in to operation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

Couch, junk food. Avoid fags and booze. Watch much tv. Complain about things.
    = Happy days haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

A finely rolled joint and a cup of jagermeister tea....there's no hangover in the world that combo can't sort out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,162 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

sex

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

....' two loafs of pudding into the juicer, 16 eggs, half pound of butter, 2 loafs of lard, chicken, mix it round with your finger...woke up the next day was feeling great!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭cullen5998

DarkJager wrote: »
    A finely rolled joint and a cup of jagermeister tea....there's no hangover in the world that combo can't sort out ;)

Whats jegermeister tea?! rec ipe plz haha:D

daniel91 wrote: »
    ....' two loafs of pudding into the juicer, 16 eggs, half pound of butter, 2 loafs of lard, chicken, mix it round with your finger...woke up the next day was feeling great!'

and enough food keep you going for month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

DarkJager wrote: »
    a cup of jagermeister tea
    What is this fine drink you speak of?

cullen5998 wrote: »
    Whats jegermeister tea?! rec ipe plz haha:D
    davyjose wrote: »
    What is this fine drink you speak of?

Take one good sized cup, one teabag and approx 2/3 shots of jagermeister. Add jagermeister to tea and stir well, add sugar as desired without adding milk. Voila...the nicest drink you will ever taste and an absolute hangover terminator. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Many have suggested painkillers, I can't keep tablets down at all when I'm badly hungover sadly...it's a nightmare, sometimes I can't even keep water down:(. I've found lately if I take a zantac before I start to drink and 1st thing the next morning it helps a lot. Lifeline's help too when you're on a big p*ss up.
    I have to say I'd be in a bad way if it wasn't for those '4head' things, they're great for hangover headaches...really refreshing. You have to keep rubbing it on though as the effects wear off after a while.

Ann22 wrote: »
    Many have suggested painkillers, I can't keep tablets down at all when I'm badly hungover sadly...it's a nightmare, sometimes I can't even keep water down:(. I've found lately if I take a zantac before I start to drink and 1st thing the next morning it helps a lot. Lifeline's help too when you're on a big p*ss up.
    I have to say I'd be in a bad way if it wasn't for those '4head' things, they're great for hangover headaches...really refreshing. You have to keep rubbing it on though as the effects wear off after a while.

A serious cure all jokes aside, is a glass of alka seltzer before you go to sleep and a glass again when you wake up. Not even a trace of a hangover if you do that.

Stay away from those "lifeline" things if you can...they'll just replace your hangover with an overwhelming urge to sleep all day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Duh - there is no hangover cure... For every high there's a low etc. There are things you can do to take your mind off the hangover, like curry, sex etc, but you're going to suffer if you drink enough. The only cure is time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

as the title says :)

was just wondering was there an actual cure :) or any ways of preventing it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Eat a fry

Drink water while you're drinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Keep drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Drinking as much water at the end of the night as possible is still the best cure/preventative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

or any ways of preventing it

Dont drink alcohol ;)

Just keep drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

strawberry milkshake from mcdonalds.

fanta from those drink fountains from fast food outlets (very sugary so it helps).

fry.

minimum of a pint of water before bed, maybe two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Eat food and that'll make ya sick and it'll be much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Keep hydrated.

Not just with beer, I mean. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

****, rasher sambo and can of whatever you were drinking the night before.

Hangover gone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Read one of the many many many threads on this subjects already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SadieSue

Try not to eat too much and only sip water or flat coke or 7up.
    Your stomach will be sore the day after so its best not to shock it too much with greasy food. Its important you get a lot of fluids though so energy drinks/water/flat 7up are good.

Advertisement