Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best hangover cure

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

As much water as possible before falling asleep, cold can of coke and roll in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭HHH

Bring a bottle of water with you for a swim/jacuzzi/sauna/steamroom. You'll be grand after that. Always works for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

"No compelling evidence exists to suggest that any conventional or complementary intervention is effective for preventing or treating alcohol hangover. The most effective way to avoid the symptoms of alcohol induced hangover is to avoid drinking."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hangover

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

http://www.getalifeline.com/iopen24/

Dont know if it actually works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Tesco have a special ATM, 12 x 330ml bottles of Fosters for €5.00

Worth staying drunk 24/7 for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

HHH wrote: »
    Bring a bottle of water with you for a swim/jacuzzi/sauna/steamroom. You'll be grand after that. Always works for me.

we were in a camping site and the shannon was beside so we went swimming...god i never felt as bad as i did after i came out...just felt like it got worse than better :)

meh water is best way i guess though...drink loads before bed...

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Oxygen - grab a bottle and use it for 5 mins. Always works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Build an immortality machine.

Oops, wrong thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

Dirty hot chicken roll from the local garage and a bottle of lucozade original!!Never fails :D

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

Tesco have a special ATM, 12 x 330ml bottles of Fosters for €5.00

Worth staying drunk 24/7 for that :)

Think I'll goto tescos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

A hangover is your body not having enough water for your Krebs Cycle to function.
    Have at least 2 pints of water, one while you're out, one when you get home. If you can, another glass or two before bed with something to eat.

No hangover the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭GalwayGuy92

It's also rumoured that in ancient China they used to put vineagar and lemon juice in the left eye while standing on one leg in the ocean.
    However this was a coming of age thing rather than hangover cure [citation needed].
    Modern Irish people try eating as much as possible in the nearest supermac's before going home and drinking pints of water before bed, the following day, it is said they spend thier entire day in a meditative state on the couch watching television. This meditation is known colloquially as 'vegitation' and is often interspersed with eating as much greasy food as possible usually from a 'chinese restaurant*'.
    *See I knew the chinese had something to do with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Before bed 2 pints of water- one of them with a vitamin c tab like berocca. Wake up- more water, sprite, roll with sausages.
    This will work!!

(well I make myself think it does)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

this is the last thread I wanted to see right now.. anyway - muesli and about 2 pints of water before bed.. more water on walking up and some form of exercise that gets sweat flowing for about half an hour usually does it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

Ice cream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Two cans of coke & two Tayto cheese and onion seem to be the best for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

orange juice.

Water & bananas...or puke it all up before going to bed :D followed by more water and some painkillers for the inevitable headache in the morning, tho make sure and take the painkillers after you puke!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

idk i remembered now when i was in school the french teacher said bananas are good for curing hangovers :) never tried it though

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭padunne

plenty of water before bed and no food after a night out. have a twister when ya get up and im tellin ya it works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

I find Sleep to be the best Hangover cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

2 nurofen plus, 2 diarrhoea tablets.

Hangover gone within the hour (you may still be a bit tired, so drink lots of coke or Lucozade sport).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Pure oxygen .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

iron bru.

Its pure liquid sugar!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

hobochris wrote: »
    iron bru.

Its pure liquid sugar!

IRN BRU... :rolleyes:

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

goto a chemist

get pack of solpadine and pack of dieorolite(Not sure of the spelling).

drink with a liter of water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

The people of this thread must be very fat, drinking all night then drinking a bunch of sugary drinks.

Depending on the next day.

Work - Pint of water before you go to bed, sex when you wake up if available, fry up, pain killers and walk to work with a bottle of water.

Off work - Sex, beer, beer, beer, light food, beer, beer, beer , beer, beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

Ya just have chips or somthing((Or grab a pinch of salt from the kitchen and throw it on your tounge))

Loads of water..not just a pint!.The glasses we have are 3/4 pint ones and I have to drink 4-5 glasses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Prob done a mill times! but dying here.:D

Advertisement