Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your best hangover cure

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

a rasher sambo covered in hp sauce and an ice ice cold can of irn-bru

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

plenty of water

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

marglin wrote: »
    the only cure for this is honestly more meph, but if you do decide to stop just take a couple of deep breaths aand keep reminding yourself it will pass......
    ..............................................................eventually

M is over, man, M is gone, let's not mention M again. Leave it in the past! The horror!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

A ride and a few cans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Icepops, especially supersplits of twisters;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Do smoothies actually help at all?

But ya can't beat a breakfast roll and a cup of tea. Not coffee, that will mess you up when ya have a hangover. (I love coffee btw).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Sex and a fry up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

If you can find it Aquarias is fantastic stuff. Full of electrolytes, and really just makes you feel human again - very hard to find it in Ireland though :-(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquarius_%28sports_drink%29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Bananas, sleep or some nice food from the chiper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

marglin wrote: »
    the only cure for this is honestly more meph, but if you do decide to stop just take a couple of deep breaths aand keep reminding yourself it will pass......
    ..............................................................eventually

No way off the mark , horrrible stuff

For the alcohol what i love to do is have a few cans of stout apart from that i dont get the worst hangovers

I honestly think women get worse hangovers , my sister rolled in the door a few hours ago feeling and looking like ****.
    Another good friend of mine sometimes cries during a hangover after she wakes up at about 7 in the evening.

I think hangovers can be worsened by people feeling sorry for themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

A good ride in the morning used to sort me out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Get Abra the night before!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭Baron_Kunkel

Can't believe that the all hangover conquering Solpadeine Soluble hasn't been mentioned. 2 before you go to bed and 2 in the morning. (Invented by Druids, 3000 years ago at Newgrange for the meade hangovers)

Can't believe that the all hangover conquering Solpadeine Soluble hasn't been mentioned. 2 before you go to bed and 2 in the morning. (Invented by Druids, 3000 years ago at Newgrange for the meade hangovers)

The chances of me being in any condition to remember or manage to take them are slim :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Fap, water and nurofen plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭Sirsok

go gym and sweat the **** out of ya works and if you really not bother for gym a hot bath does the trick to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

For me a chicken fillet roll from Centra goes down well after a hangover.

Sirsok wrote: »
    go gym and sweat the **** out of ya works and if you really not bother for gym a hot bath does the trick to

I'm am amazed at people's hangovers here!

I can sometimes physically not move, and you go to the gym :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭jackiebaron

Bloody Mary. Full Irish breakfast. Another bloody mary. Then back to bed for another 3 hours. After that you can conquer the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

A good dose of opioids does the trick: some codeine (solpadeine/nurofen plus) or a prescription painkiller.

Benzodiazepines, like Xanax or Valium, help as well.

Maybe Gaviscon or Milk of Magnesia for the stomach.

Little, if any, food.

Drink water.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sharkey 10

mickrock wrote: »
    A good dose of opioids does the trick: some codeine (solpadeine/nurofen plus) or a prescription painkiller.

Benzodiazepines, like Xanax or Valium, help as well.

Maybe Gaviscon or Milk of Magnesia for the stomach.

Little, if any, food.

Drink water.

Its not a scag hes got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

I'm am amazed at people's hangovers here!

I can sometimes physically not move, and you go to the gym :confused::confused:

Actually it's the best thing you can do. I'm not a fan of the gym but I do a good bit of walking & jogging.
    Usually if I wake up early with a hangover & if I don't go for a long walk or a jog I get really restless because I'm still tired but the hangover is preventing me from sleeping anymore. So the easiest option is to get the hound & hit the roads for about an hour.
    After that I'll sleep like a baby for a few hours & wake up fresh :)

Sharkey 10 wrote: »
    Its not a scag hes got

Leave it out, you pup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

A few options

If you smoke! dont till you eat after waking up....

Yogurt
    Take vit c before sleeping
    Drink at least a pint of water before sleep
    Eat something substantial before bed
    SEX
    Go back to sleep
    Call in sick

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Actually it's the best thing you can do. I'm not a fan of the gym but I do a good bit of walking & jogging.
    Usually if I wake up early with a hangover & if I don't go for a long walk or a jog I get really restless because I'm still tired but the hangover is preventing me from sleeping anymore. So the easiest option is to get the hound & hit the roads for about an hour.
    After that I'll sleep like a baby for a few hours & wake up fresh :)

It can't be much of a hangover if you can go out jogging next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

the one and only cure is mi-wadi orange with hot water

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

mickrock wrote: »
    It can't be much of a hangover if you can go out jogging next morning.

The only time I couldn't go was when I drank poitin at a house party the night before. Jesus I wasn't right for a week after that.
    I wouldn't be up at the crack of dawn going walking/ jogging but I would at least make it out by one o' clock.
    I know I sound like a health freak but nothing works better. Especially this time of year when it's colder & crisper.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭bogshepherd

hangover is mostly due to dehydration and the fact that your body has been drained of all its minerals and your blood sugar is low and your brain can be swollen if its really bad.

so as soon as u get home drink 3 pints of water, slowly so it doesnt just fly straight outta ya, and have a berocca tablet in one of them with a few spoons of sugar. another pint glass beside ur bed to sip if you wake up thirsty, you'll find in the morning you barely have a hangover.

if ur still ****ed have a glass of hot water with lemon in it for detox n spend about an hour in the sauna...

worked pretty well for me so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Surley wrote: »
    Fap, water and nurofen plus

I normally don't get hangovers. If I wake up hungover, I just go back to sleep until the pain is gone & the room stops spinning!

However, if I have to get up for some daft reason, like work, Nurofen Plus is fucking brilliant for clearing a hangover headache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Don't listen to the wimp talk about painkillers. Pills weaken your immune system & ultimately shrink your pain threshold. Just drink tons of water & eat sandwiches or rolls. The main thing is rehydration.

I know at least 3 people who regularly get killer hangovers & these same people always seek relief from painkillers. I very rarely get hangovers & when i do i just rehydrate & im fine afer an hour or two.

Advertisement