Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stair na gaelige

Options
  • 04-06-2010 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

how many pieces should i learn??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Whatever you do learn an Fiannaíocht

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

zam wrote: »
    Whatever you do learn an Fiannaíocht

I know four things about an Fhiannaíocht:

Laochscéalta a shíolraigh ó Fionn Mac Cumhaill
    Cormac Mac Airt (Rí)
    Saighdiúrí ba iad na Fianna
    Is ea Tóraíocht Dhiarmada agus Ghráinne scéal Fhiannaiocht

Do you think that would be enough? Usually they ask for three main points, right?

How many Irish writer biographies do you think I should be okay with? e.g. Caitlín Maude etc. My Revise Wise (which I got back in August 2007, thinking I would study it every day and become the best student ever :rolleyes: and subsequently ignored) has eight biographies.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

brian1991 wrote: »
    I know four things about an Fhiannaíocht:

Laochscéalta a shíolraigh ó Fionn Mac Cumhaill
    Cormac Mac Airt (Rí)
    Saighdiúrí ba iad na Fianna
    Is ea Tóraíocht Dhiarmada agus Ghráinne scéal Fhiannaiocht

Do you think that would be enough? Usually they ask for three main points, right?

How many Irish writer biographies do you think I should be okay with? e.g. Caitlín Maude etc. My Revise Wise (which I got back in August 2007, thinking I would study it every day and become the best student ever :rolleyes: and subsequently ignored) has eight biographies.

You need to learn all of the points or elaborate on the ones you already have. you can either make 3 big points or make lots of little points as bulletpoints.

L(laochra)
    S(saighdiuiri ab ea ni fianna)
    D(dán direach)

C(cormac mac airt)
    a
    n

R(ruthaig)
    e
    a
    l
    l
    y

C(coimhlint idir phagantacht agus chriostaiocht)
    u
    r
    e

T(troid man bunabhar)
    B(bealoideas)

Also mention an example of a poem ("Aoibhinn bheith i mBinn Eadair"), a leabhair/scéal, and some of the treithe (crógacht, onóir, éiric, áibhéil, geasa, niachas)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭aimerlans

Baineann an fhiannaíocht le scéalta agus dánta faoi laochra.
    Saighdúirí ba ea na fianna.
    Scríobhadh na dánta fhiannaíocht sa stíl an dan díreach.
    Bhí coimhlint idir an Phagantacht agus an Chríostaíocht sna scéalta agus sna dánta fhianníochta.
    Leabhar fhianníocht is ea "Toraíocht Dhiarmada agus Ghrainne"
    Tá na treithe seo a leanas sna scéalta agus sna dánta fianníocht ná ónóir,eiric,aibheil,crógacht.
    Bionn troid mar théama freisin

thats what i'm writing for an fhianníocht.
    some of the spellings could be wrong. haven't revised it in a while!

Advertisement