Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Cup Pubs (i.e. bars supporting individual teams)

Options
  • 04-06-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Noticed there last wekend that Kavanaghs (down form the Raven) have German flags and are supporting them in the WC with BBQs on German match days. Also saw that Costigans on Washington St have Spanish flags outside, so are supporting Spain (dunno if they are doing anything on Spanish game days). Just wondering if anyone knows any other pubs supporting/doing anything for teams in the WC?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Last world cup my friends and I became honourary Portugal fans as we were drinking in Suas. It was really good craic. Made the world cup meaningful and the Conga line from Suas to the Old Oak when they beat england was good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I think it was 1998 when one of the pubs over on Union Quay, might have been the Donkey's Ears, adopted Jamaica as their World Cup team - great fun, free rum during the games.

Advertisement