Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Puncture

• 04-06-2010 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Got a puncture from a piece of glass will I have to replace the tyre fixed the puncture but can see a small split in the tyre from the glass will I have to get a new tyre or will it be ok its in the middle of the back tyre.
    Mike

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭carthoris

mike12 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Got a puncture from a piece of glass will I have to replace the tyre fixed the puncture but can see a small split in the tyre from the glass will I have to get a new tyre or will it be ok its in the middle of the back tyre.
    Mike

It would depend on the tyre and the size of the split. If the tube is bulging out then you may have to replace it. If it is just slight you might be able to get away with it.

It will increase the likelihood of getting more punctures as flints, glass and thorns can get in far easier now.

You could try and fix the split with super glue - take the tyre off, glue the two parts and hold them together. It should do a reasonable job.

Yup, I always superglue the holes. You tend to pick up ones now and again so every month or so or whenever I get around to it I do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭Greyspoke

You could stick a patch on the inside of the tyre as well.

Advertisement